What Obama Really Thinks About the NSA

You all need to ask yourselves one question... Why would a President who will be gone soon, protect the NSA when its politically toxic for him to do so? If you're answer involves some kind of Hollywood conspiracy, then kill yourself. The answer should be obvious, unlike the rest of us, he actually knows how important that program is to Americans. He's taking one for the team because its the right thing to do.

By the way, I'm a conservative and no ally of Obamas.

Why? So that the NSA can continue to spy on American citizens under the next administration...

And how is an American intelligence agency spying on Americans important to Americans? You've fucking lost it...

Who's the Libertarian candidate? The Independent?
Libertarians seem to have three in the running, any of whom would probably be more vote worthy than any Clinton or Bush.

2016 Libertarian Presidential Candidates

Thanks.

I like Johnson, he got my vote last time and I would vote for him again in a heartbeat, but I'm not sure he'll run again. I'll have to look closer at Perry, but his resume seems a little weak. A lot of declared Independents, guess I will have some learning to do before 2016...
If your ballot contains third-party congressional candidates, please give some thought to choosing one instead of a Democrat OR Republican. The Electoral College gives major party candidates for the White House an edge that's hard to overcome by selecting from established third parties.

I don't believe that's the case in House and Senate races.
If millions of voters (including the ~40% of those who are eligible but don't usually bother to vote in midterms) were to catch a "viral meme" and FLUSH dozens or hundreds of incumbents from DC in a single news cycle next November, both major parties and those who fund them would face a problem they've never seen before.

FLUSH the DC Toilet in 2014 and fire the second shot heard 'round the world.

You all need to ask yourselves one question... Why would a President who will be gone soon, protect the NSA when its politically toxic for him to do so? If you're answer involves some kind of Hollywood conspiracy, then kill yourself. The answer should be obvious, unlike the rest of us, he actually knows how important that program is to Americans. He's taking one for the team because its the right thing to do.

Why? So that the NSA can continue to spy on American citizens under the next administration...

And how is an American intelligence agency spying on Americans important to Americans? You've fucking lost it...
In other words, you can't answer the question.

In other words, you can't answer the question.
You haven't shown the question you're posing is relevant.
If your president is "taking one for the team" for an illegal program, why are you endorsing his action?

"We told you so.

"This week’s report from the independent Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board, or PCLOB, confirms what we said back in June of last year in our New York Times Op Ed 'The Criminal NSA'.

"The NSA’s telephone record metadata program, in which it collects the calling records of almost everyone inside the United States, is illegal.

"Amend that: it’s screamingly illegal.

"Flat out.

"Not even a close call.

"The program is also a serious threat to civil liberties, but first things first – the NSA’s massive program of telephone spying is illegal."

Told Ya So: NSA's Collection Of Metadata Is Screamingly Illegal - Forbes

Your question seems to endorse Obama's contribution to the corporate erosion of Constitutional protections all Americans are entitled to.

Forum List

Back