What motivates you to vote Democrat?

You have the freedom to move to those countries you adore and pay your 40% in taxes for your “free” healthcare, you have the freedom to improve your own quality of life, you have the freedom to stand there with your hand out begging for free shit and we have the freedom to tell you to pay for your own children. See how this all works...you have plenty of options.

But I don’t stand with my hand out.

I work.

“Do you think that working hard should be rewarded, or is that not enough anymore?”

I was told that the college degree was the key to the good life. I was sold a bill of goods.

“But I don’t stand with my hand out. I work.”
Can you fully fund yourself and your family?
Lots of people work...what does that mean? Many don’t have children if they’ll need other people’s money to raise them. It’s what classy people with dignity do.

“Do you think that working hard should be rewarded, or is that not enough anymore?”
Your reward for your labor is your pay. Do you think people who work hard deserve more than their pay affords them?

“I was told that the college degree was the key to the good life. I was sold a bill of goods.”
You weren’t “SOLD” anything...you “BOUGHT” something.
Demographics and statistics prove that to be correct...did you think your bank account would suddenly start growing the day you were issued that degree? Weird that I have to tell you this....that degree is your vehicle but you must drive the vehicle.

I think people who have the ambition to work should be paid a living wage. Otherwise, what incentive is there to work?

“A living wage”
Haha...I love that one. A living wage for you and your family of four is quite different than a living wage for a single person....You agree right?
So how is a “living wage” to be set...based on what dynamics?
Could you be self funded on a $15 per hour wage with a family of four?
The answers are simple, sensible and logical...they just aren’t what you want to hear.
Get educated, be ambitious, carefully choose a career path that fits your desired lifestyle and only have children you yourself can afford. TA-DA!
Again, this isn’t really building rockets....all classy good quality Americans with self respect and dignity practice these very basic principles.
What we don't have is a wage where low skilled workers can support a family without government assistance

We used to before we embraced supply side

NO actually you have NO idea of what a "living" wage is!
In the late 40s, 50s and 60s my dad made at most $500.00.
So how do you say we all had 3 meals per day, I was able to go to college, my mom didn't work and the only source of monthly paycheck my Dad?

A) We mowed lawns in the summer B) shoveled snow in the winter C) had 4 neighbor gardens as most people did and we shared potatoes, etc. with them.

One of our lawns was for our dentist and we worked off dental bills by mowing the lawns.

Were we worse off? We definitely could be considered at "poverty level" BUT my Dad would NEVER consider welfare payments (if they existed during that time!).
We were independent and the better off for that.
So please identify the period of time when "living wage" was not possible because there is ALWAYS a living wage if you want to work at it!
How many of those people you feel sorry for lower living wage have "free cell phone, free rent... watch TV or on the internet?
More than there are that don't!

RIGHT!!! A bill of goods IF YOU don't apply it!
You also can't make a very good living according the majority of people that have an artsy-fartsy degree.
Yes there are exceptions where a very very few with an Artsy-fartsy degree make more than a good living but the vast majority of artsy-fartsy degree holders are the ones
evidently like you.... not being rewarded.

It used to be that poor people were told, “Get a job; get an education.”

Now, with the degree and the job, and still poor, they are told, “Get a better job, get a better education.”

Which has SOME validity, believe me. We all have some things that we can control in life.

But there are also things we can’t control. And once that happens, poor people are told it’s their own fault, anyway.

All while some people are simply born obscenely rich, and can afford to make all manner of terrible decisions.

This is class warfare.

You are right "all while SOME people are simply born obscenely rich"!
But the facts are that most by
The study by Fidelity Investments found that 86 percent of today's millionaires are self made and did not consider themselves wealthy growing up. Overall, the research revealed current millionaires are, on average, 61 years old with $3.05 million in assets.
How Most Millionaires Got Rich

So once again you and your ilk seem to use the EXCEPTION and make it sound like it happens all the time!
But FACTS point out the VAST majority of millionaires are "self made" and your sour grape attitude is not attractive.
Do something yourself. Take a chance. Be one of those "self made"!
I'm sure you can do it if 86% of the below could do it why can't you?
Based on the below one of every 22 people over age 18 are millionaires... see you can have a 1 in 22 chance!
As of the end of 2016, there were a record 10.8 million millionaires nationwide, according to a new study from Spectrem Group's Market Insights Report 2017. That's more than ever before and marks a 400,000 person increase from the previous year.
A record number of Americans are now millionaires, new study shows

And, the same article pointed out, the middle class is shrinking and the number of poor households growing.

So, number of poor rises, number of rich rises, middle class gets the squeeze.

Yea really bad ... that now 1 of every 22 is a millionaire!
By the way 1980... 4,414 taxpayers reported $1 million in gross income or 1 millionaire for every 51,314 Americans.
Total Population USA in 1980 was 226.5 million. The ratio of millionaires to population: 1 millionaire for every 51,314 Americans
1980 Fast Facts - History - U.S. Census Bureau
Things are just getting worse!
Worst inequality in our history. Thanks GOP! Add you dupes think the rich pay too much in taxes and the non Rich are just lazy. Unbelievable

Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Filed under Economicsno comments

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blo

HEY DUMMY!!!! How can there be a business if the business is paying out 101% of INCOME in wages?????

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

Now, with the degree and the job, and still poor, they are told, “Get a better job, get a better education.”

Which has SOME validity, believe me. We all have some things that we can control in life.

But there are also things we can’t control. And once that happens, poor people are told it’s their own fault, anyway.

All while some people are simply born obscenely rich, and can afford to make all manner of terrible decisions.

This is class warfare.

The study by Fidelity Investments found that 86 percent of today's millionaires are self made and did not consider themselves wealthy growing up. Overall, the research revealed current millionaires are, on average, 61 years old with $3.05 million in assets.

So once again you and your ilk seem to use the EXCEPTION and make it sound like it happens all the time!
But FACTS point out the VAST majority of millionaires are "self made" and your sour grape attitude is not attractive.
Based on the below one of every 22 people over age 18 are millionaires... see you can have a 1 in 22 chance!
As of the end of 2016, there were a record 10.8 million millionaires nationwide, according to a new study from Spectrem Group's Market Insights Report 2017. That's more than ever before and marks a 400,000 person increase from the previous year.

And, the same article pointed out, the middle class is shrinking and the number of poor households growing.

Yea really bad ... that now 1 of every 22 is a millionaire!
By the way 1980... 4,414 taxpayers reported $1 million in gross income or 1 millionaire for every 51,314 Americans.
Total Population USA in 1980 was 226.5 million. The ratio of millionaires to population: 1 millionaire for every 51,314 Americans
1980 Fast Facts - History - U.S. Census Bureau
Things are just getting worse!
Worst inequality in our history. Thanks GOP! Add you dupes think the rich pay too much in taxes and the non Rich are just lazy. Unbelievable

Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Filed under Economicsno comments

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blo

HEY DUMMY!!!! How can there be a business if the business is paying out 101% of INCOME in wages?????

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
It's a statistical gimmick... Their share has gone down 13% in other words...

I work.

I was told that the college degree was the key to the good life. I was sold a bill of goods.

“But I don’t stand with my hand out. I work.”
Can you fully fund yourself and your family?
Lots of people work...what does that mean? Many don’t have children if they’ll need other people’s money to raise them. It’s what classy people with dignity do.

Your reward for your labor is your pay. Do you think people who work hard deserve more than their pay affords them?

“I was told that the college degree was the key to the good life. I was sold a bill of goods.”
You weren’t “SOLD” anything...you “BOUGHT” something.
Demographics and statistics prove that to be correct...did you think your bank account would suddenly start growing the day you were issued that degree? Weird that I have to tell you this....that degree is your vehicle but you must drive the vehicle.

I think people who have the ambition to work should be paid a living wage. Otherwise, what incentive is there to work?

“A living wage”
Haha...I love that one. A living wage for you and your family of four is quite different than a living wage for a single person....You agree right?
So how is a “living wage” to be set...based on what dynamics?
Could you be self funded on a $15 per hour wage with a family of four?
The answers are simple, sensible and logical...they just aren’t what you want to hear.
Get educated, be ambitious, carefully choose a career path that fits your desired lifestyle and only have children you yourself can afford. TA-DA!
Again, this isn’t really building rockets....all classy good quality Americans with self respect and dignity practice these very basic principles.
What we don't have is a wage where low skilled workers can support a family without government assistance

We used to before we embraced supply side

NO actually you have NO idea of what a "living" wage is!
In the late 40s, 50s and 60s my dad made at most $500.00.
So how do you say we all had 3 meals per day, I was able to go to college, my mom didn't work and the only source of monthly paycheck my Dad?

A) We mowed lawns in the summer B) shoveled snow in the winter C) had 4 neighbor gardens as most people did and we shared potatoes, etc. with them.

One of our lawns was for our dentist and we worked off dental bills by mowing the lawns.

Were we worse off? We definitely could be considered at "poverty level" BUT my Dad would NEVER consider welfare payments (if they existed during that time!).
We were independent and the better off for that.
So please identify the period of time when "living wage" was not possible because there is ALWAYS a living wage if you want to work at it!
How many of those people you feel sorry for lower living wage have "free cell phone, free rent... watch TV or on the internet?
More than there are that don't!
Nobody chooses welfare. The number on welfare reflects how much the GOP has screwed the non-rich...

Most people are neither "Democrats" nor "Republicans", though one would never know that from the false dichotomy that fuels this message board.

Actually it can be generally said that about a third of the people are hardcore (straight) Democrat voters. They know they will be voting straight democrat in every election. And the same thing can be said for about another third of straight Republican voters. So overall, that takes care of about 2/3rds of the people and around them is another subset of people who are "likely" to vote one way or the other. What that leaves left are the Independents, people who either don't like either party but hold their nose and vote one way or the other or people so shallow and confused that they really don't know one party from the other and decide on last minute whims. It is this last group that 100% of all election campaigning and advertising is directed towards.

As to this group, since people join here at random with no selection by the administrators, this group should represent a pretty random slice of the politically active or at least knowledgeable portion of society.

17JDQh.So.91.jpg

(five years ago)​

Count me as one of the people who when asked, never say I'm a Republican, just as I never publicly say I support Trump, then when election time comes, there is ZERO percent chance of me voting Democrat. Many conservative people are like that, which is why polls like yours are worthless. Whatever the real numbers, more of the non-committals vote conservative than not and that usually means a Republican vote.

If you can say there's "zero percent" of voting for any "side" ---- then you ain't no independent. Period.

Funny, in looking over this thread, I've seen few Democrats respond and only one of them respond honestly and openly!

Most people are neither "Democrats" nor "Republicans", though one would never know that from the false dichotomy that fuels this message board.

The OP, who's gone to great lengths of late to detail the level of his abject ignorance, seems to launch from the starting premise that people automatically "vote Democrat" or "vote Republiican" as if there are no other alternatives. Probably because in the shallow little cocoon he wraps himself in, there ain't.

Haha...you want to talk about "other alternatives" go right ahead...I'm sure there are thousands here that can't wait to discuss all sixteen of those independents.

Awright. Here's one that apparently never occurred to you.

--- You don't need to affiliate with a political party in order to vote. Some places, like Vermont --- you can't register that way.
IOW It isn't necessary to lock yourself into some bizzaro dichotomy of "us" and "them" labels.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and speculate that what I just said sailed completely over your head.

So far I’ve learned you fucking love the word dichotomy....other than that WTF is your point in this bullshit?

Funny, in looking over this thread, I've seen few Democrats respond and only one of them respond honestly and openly!

The OP, who's gone to great lengths of late to detail the level of his abject ignorance, seems to launch from the starting premise that people automatically "vote Democrat" or "vote Republiican" as if there are no other alternatives. Probably because in the shallow little cocoon he wraps himself in, there ain't.

Haha...you want to talk about "other alternatives" go right ahead...I'm sure there are thousands here that can't wait to discuss all sixteen of those independents.

--- You don't need to affiliate with a political party in order to vote. Some places, like Vermont --- you can't register that way.
IOW It isn't necessary to lock yourself into some bizzaro dichotomy of "us" and "them" labels.

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and speculate that what I just said sailed completely over your head.

So far I’ve learned you fucking love the word dichotomy....other than that WTF is your point in this bullshit?

And apparently I was right. Clean over the old head.

Break all your trivial semantics down...I don’t speak lowlife. Go ahead, you have my permission.

i have voted (D), (R), & green party in the past. & although i am an indie, i am a registered (D) so i can vote in the primaries. I registered in 2006 so i can vote against joe libertoady because he was all for staying in iraq & ned lamont wanted to get us out.

in the past i voted (D) primarily to preserve roe v wade. now i vote primarily for (D) to preserve obamacare until universal healthcare becomes a right.

is that honest enough for ya?
Handouts? Free? So you are want producers to pay your way? Worked well in Venezuela.

wtf are you talking about, jr? you got THAT from what i wrote? god damn you live in a vacuum.
quote) Like your little rainbow quote, funny but true.

it is? hmmmmm.... wanna elaborate?

Break all your trivial semantics down...I don’t speak lowlife. Go ahead, you have my permission.

You are intimidated by someone with a vocabulary, so you resort to calling him a “lowlife”?

Do you understand how your nasty angry posting undermines your conservative message? Or do you vote simply on emotions? Like on hatred of “classless” brown and black people who threaten your white world view?

You are intimidated by someone with a vocabulary, so you resort to calling him a “lowlife”?

Do you understand how your nasty angry posting undermines your conservative message? Or do you vote simply on emotions? Like on hatred of “classless” brown and black people who threaten your white world view?

The racist, nationalist vibe of Trump's fan base isn't "conservative". They embrace big, authoritarian government because they see an opportunity to foist their sick worldview on the country.

The racist, nationalist vibe of Trump's fan base isn't "conservative". They embrace big, authoritarian government because they see an opportunity to foist their sick worldview on the country.

Maybe. But they think they are conservative because they hate industrial regulations and welfare and brown illegal immigrants.

Be totally transparent and honest....remember you are protected by total anonymity here?

Mainly, the social safety nets.

Healthcare is broken. Other countries have better outcomes with socialized medicine.

Education is more valued by democrats, who support Head Start through college. Again, something other countries do with better outcomes.

I see very little, to no, scapegoating of minorities and the poor by Democrats. That matters to me.

Democrats do not support policies meant to make voting more difficult for poor people.

It’s down on my list, but the pro-choice abortion position of Democrats also is a factor.

I also want my government to regulate industries so that they don’t pollute our Earth, or harm workers through negligent practices.

In short, from Republicans I see the agenda of “me, me, me” and from Democrats, “us, us, us.”

In short, from Republicans I see the agenda of “me, me, me” and from Democrats, “us, us, us.”
Haha...Come on...let’s be totally honest...you see the parties as one being the “Gimme Free Shit Party” and the other being the “Work For Your Own Shit Party” and you side with the FSA (Free Shit Army) for “obvious reasons”...right?

F.S.A. (Free Shit Army)
The F.S.A. is used primarily to describe "the 47%" of US citizens who not only pay nothing in federal taxes, but actually believe that they are entitled to the fruits of the labors of others. It is also used to describe a large portion of the Democratic Party who rely on the government to provide food stamps, subsidized housing allotments (Section 8), and sign themselves up for every bit of free stuff possible (also see "Ghetto Breeding Machines.").
You can often identify members of the F.S.A. (Free Shit Army) by their SNAP/Food Stamp cards, latest urban fashions, Section 8 Housing voucher-stubs, their $300. Nike tennis shoes, Apple Smartphones, and their 60" Plasma televisions.
Urban Dictionary: F.S.A. (Free Shit Army)
Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution. Providing for the general warfare is not.

You have the freedom to move to those countries you adore and pay your 40% in taxes for your “free” healthcare, you have the freedom to improve your own quality of life, you have the freedom to stand there with your hand out begging for free shit and we have the freedom to tell you to pay for your own children. See how this all works...you have plenty of options.

I work.

Do you think that working hard should be rewarded, or is that not enough anymore?

You also can't make a very good living according the majority of people that have an artsy-fartsy degree.
Yes there are exceptions where a very very few with an Artsy-fartsy degree make more than a good living but the vast majority of artsy-fartsy degree holders are the ones

This is class warfare.

No...the middle class isn't getting the sqeeze. More of the middle class are becoming wealthier and eventually pay fewer taxes as they gain wealth....thanks to Trump.

Maybe. But they think they are conservative because they hate industrial regulations and welfare and brown illegal immigrants.
No, just overly emotional teachers from New York.

Some are brainwashed. Love how these fake interviews always prove how Dem college students automatically hate anyone on the right and disagree with everything they say and do. In this case, they were given statements from the SOTU, which they were told were Trumps. They disagreed and bashed Trump even though the statements were actually Obama's. That takes serious brainwashing and failing to think for themselves. That is why they vote Dem.

I work.

Do you think that working hard should be rewarded, or is that not enough anymore?

This is class warfare.

No...the middle class isn't getting the sqeeze. More of the middle class are becoming wealthier and eventually pay fewer taxes as they gain wealth....thanks to Trump.
with a temporary tax cut?

Forum List

Back