What most of US old white folks remember growing up with, and why the progressive mantra of racism is total BS. Only progressives are racists...

So back in the day, we would listen to music like this, because we were taught that everyone should be respected as equal, except for those damn Democrats who barred the school houses, sic'd vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks who just wanted to be like every other citizen of the US. No, there wasnt a great switch, but constant lies by the left, who want to keep US divided so they can stay in power. Come on man., listen to the music..

Ah good old revisionism..link pre-1964 democrats with the 2021 class.

Anyone who denies that Democrats were virulent racists from the Civil War until Johnson bought them off as a voting block, is so full of shite their eyes should be brown. Your party today isn't satisfied with racial harmony. NOW they are pushing blacks to some kind of stupid "right of revenge" against whitey. Spoiler alert: This thing will get very ugly and whitey will be the one being revenged before it's over. Best leave well enough alone.

Thats a thinly disguised, fear induced, threat display you just gave there. :)

Listen to the fucking song asshole. It isnt Democrats today who sing that song....

Fuck that song because republicans have never sang it.

So back in the day, we would listen to music like this, because we were taught that everyone should be respected as equal, except for those damn Democrats who barred the school houses, sic'd vicious dogs and fire hoses on blacks who just wanted to be like every other citizen of the US. No, there wasnt a great switch, but constant lies by the left, who want to keep US divided so they can stay in power. Come on man., listen to the music..

So really what your entire post is saying that is that you were taught that white people who think like you do are equal.

It wasn’t just the Democrats who are sick and the dogs on Black people. It was all Southerners from both parties. Stop trying to pretend it was otherwise. ALL of the Southern Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act in both Houses. Northern Republicans and a handful of Southern Democrats voted for the Act.

If you were told that it was just the Democrats that were segregating the schools, and attacking the protesters, you were told lies.

It is far more likely that you were trying to put today’s partisan spin and lies on what happened in the 60s.

It’s hard to believe that you were taught to respect all people, when you have never shown any respect for women, non-whites, or Democrats. Either you forgot what you were taught or you’re lying.

"I looked up from the podium and I thought to myself, 'I've never seen such a large crowd.' I was up close when King was giving that speech. To this day, it still affects me in a profound way" (Bob Dylan in "No Direction Home"). Sometimes, I find it hard to believe that Dylan watched Martin Luther King Jr. give the "I Have A Dream" speech in person, and performed at the very podium it was given at. Here's a twenty-two-year-old Bob Dylan singing his controversial song about the assassination of Medgar Evers. His set also included "When the Ship Comes In", "Blowin’ in the Wind", and "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize". This footage was ripped losslessly directly from tape, and the audio beginning at eleven seconds is dubbed with a newly-found, higher-quality source.

March On Washington
August 28, 1963

A bullet from the back of a bush took Medgar Evers’ blood
A finger fired the trigger to his name
A handle hid out in the dark
A hand set the spark Two eyes took the aim
Behind a man’s brain
But he can’t be blamed
He’s only a pawn in their game

A South politician preaches to the poor white man
“You got more than the blacks, don’t complain
You’re better than them, you been born with white skin,” they explain.
And the Negro’s name Is used it is plain
For the politician’s gain
As he rises to fame
And the poor white remains
On the caboose of the train
But it ain’t him to blame

The deputy sheriffs, the soldiers, the governors get paid
And the marshals and cops get the same
But the poor white man’s used in the hands of them all like a tool
He’s taught in his school
From the start by the rule
That the laws are with him
To protect his white skin
To keep up his hate
So he never thinks straight
’Bout the shape that he’s in

From the poverty shacks, he looks from the cracks to the tracks
And the hoofbeats pound in his brain
And he’s taught how to walk in a pack
Shoot in the back
With his fist in a clinch
To hang and to lynch
To hide ’neath the hood
To kill with no pain
Like a dog on a chain
He ain’t got no name
He’s only a pawn in their game.

Today, Medgar Evers was buried from the bullet he caught
They lowered him down as a king
But when the shadowy sun sets on the one
That fired the gun
He’ll see by his grave
On the stone that remains
Carved next to his name
His epitaph plain:
Only a pawn in their game

Ah good old revisionism..link pre-1964 democrats with the 2021 class.

You're right, in a certain respect....Sixties democrats like Hubert Humphrey, William Proxmire, Scoop Jackson, and Daniel Patrick Moynahan would drag you out into the alley, and stomp your skinny fascist ass into a greasy spot on the pavement.

Forum List

Back