What makes you lean ‘Left’? What makes nearly all big cities ‘Left’?

Many move to cities because of corporate high paying jobs. We have to quit pretending that 40 grand a year is a "darn good living.". That is no "dream"
Democrats hate people who earn…..the party only exists because they proclaim to love “the poor”……why do you think they continue to recruit desperate filth by the millions from the thirdworld?

My thoughts: The closer people live to each other, the more they want government to regulate their interactions with each other. The farther people live apart from each other, the more they just want the government to butt out and leave them the hell alone.
It would be nice if the blue spots in the massive red election map would just agree to tax the crap out of their own zones and leave everyone else alone. The feds and the states should leave people alone, and the blue cities should tax the crap out of the people who desire to be happily dependent. The rule should be that those who choose the dependent zones should just surrender all their assets and future earnings for their services.

It was the PROGRESSIVE ideology that built the middle class...
You have a very odd definition of middle class.

OIP.yA0oS_rokUlF7RjBhMyTWQHaEy

What if we made taxes ala carte? There would be a state and fed rate for the basics, and then cities who want more can add it to their tax rates. They want it, they pay for it. If you want to pay for illegal immigrants, your rates go up. If you want non private medicine, your rates go up. Then cities would be a true cancer whenever they expanded. The surrounding areas would lose everything.

Do you honestly think that the left is any more indoctrinated than the right?
That is the reason our country is so polarized. We need representatives that are more interested in what is good for all Americans rather than what is good for their party. I doubt this changes anytime soon.

Do you honestly think that the left is any more indoctrinated than the right?
Both sides indoctrinate....but these days the left seems to be taking the children over the edge
in the schools. Deny that until the cows come home. The right isn't having the trannies reading
to the children in schools.
Marxism is rearing it's ugly head in schools

What are the primary issues that drive people to the Left…why are such driving forces so much more prevelant in urban metropolises?
I ask because thinking ‘Left‘ in America isn’t exactly the conventional ideolgy to adopt…right?
Your thoughts?

Assuming you want to have a serious discussion... if anything, liberalism should be the default American position. Our very existence went against the conservative view of the day.

The reason I vote Democratic is that I see a clear divide between the interests of the Investor Class and the Working Class. And the Republicans will take the side of the investor class every single time.

Although I am a white, straight, cisgendered male, I don't see any good reason why people who aren't in that slice of the demographic should be treated any worse than I am, but that's often not the case.

Final point, the GOP panders to the worst in religious zealotry. If your religion makes YOU a better person, then by all means, keep doing that. When you try to impose it on the rest of us, we are going to have a problem.

Assuming you want to have a serious discussion... if anything, liberalism should be the default American position. Our very existence went against the conservative view of the day.

The reason I vote Democratic is that I see a clear divide between the interests of the Investor Class and the Working Class. And the Republicans will take the side of the investor class every single time.

Although I am a white, straight, cisgendered male, I don't see any good reason why people who aren't in that slice of the demographic should be treated any worse than I am, but that's often not the case.

Final point, the GOP panders to the worst in religious zealotry. If your religion makes YOU a better person, then by all means, keep doing that. When you try to impose it on the rest of us, we are going to have a problem.
Imagine that, you don't seem want various religions being imposed upon you, but you're ok with a political party pushing gay/transgender ideals on you...go figure.

Both sides indoctrinate....but these days the left seems to be taking the children over the edge
in the schools. Deny that until the cows come home. The right isn't having the trannies reading
to the children in schools.
Marxism is rearing it's ugly head in schools

I missed the part in Das Kapital where Marx talked about transgenders.

So you really think there's a kid out there who is going to come home from listening to a drag queen tell a story and say, "That was Hella Cool! Can we cut my dingy off?"

Imagine that, you don't seem want various religions being imposed upon you, but you're ok with a political party pushing gay/transgender ideals on you...go figure.

How is this being done, exactly>

If you don't like gay sex, don't have gay sex. What you guys want to do is pretend that LGBTQ doesn't exist at all, and if just don't talk about it, it will go away.

It would be nice if the blue spots in the massive red election map would just agree to tax the crap out of their own zones and leave everyone else alone. The feds and the states should leave people alone, and the blue cities should tax the crap out of the people who desire to be happily dependent. The rule should be that those who choose the dependent zones should just surrender all their assets and future earnings for their services.

Except the Rural Areas benefit FAR MORE from tax revenues.

ftsbs-large.jpg

What are the primary issues that drive people to the Left…why are such driving forces so much more prevelant in urban metropolises?
I ask because thinking ‘Left‘ in America isn’t exactly the conventional ideolgy to adopt…right?
Your thoughts?
I have been well brought up.
I respect my fellow man (and woman)
I am intelligent.
I am resistant to programming.
I dont blame the "other" when things go wrong.
I have friends from lots of different sections of society.
I dont care what you worship
I dpnt care who you love
I value my freedoms
I value the freedoms of my neighbours
I want my taxes to help people
I think people are pretty much ok wherever you go
I think our society is out of sync and needs a reboot
I think that all organisations first thought is to protect themselves

What makes nearly all big cities ‘Left’?​

Corruption. It's how people line their own pockets with taxpayer money. All these corrupt bastards come together to rake taxpayers over the coals and distribute the money to the politicians and all their pals who get them re-elected.

Some, not all, but some eighties don't like it when workers go on strike. Some also say they don't like social security and Medicare. Some are against workers forming a union. I've heard some complain about paid time off and paid sick leave. All of the above go against american ideals. That doesn't help.

I missed the part in Das Kapital where Marx talked about transgenders.

So you really think there's a kid out there who is going to come home from listening to a drag queen tell a story and say, "That was Hella Cool! Can we cut my dingy off?"
I'm sure you did read Das Kapital, Joe, along with a lot of others in the same genre.
It's the philosophy of 'marxism', that was the point.

Forum List

Back