What makes humans different from all the rest

As a side note, I add "Perry Mason" to the list in post #1.
This is a list of episodes for Perry Mason, an American legal drama series that aired on CBS television for nine seasons (September 21, 1957 – May 22, 1966). The title character, portrayed by Raymond Burr, is a fictional Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer who originally appeared in detective fiction by Erle Stanley Gardner. Many episodes are based on novels and short stories written by Gardner, with some stories having been adapted more than once.
:)-

AGAIN i ASK, ARE SUCH tv SHOWS WATCHED IN eUROPE as they are in the USA-?

Wait until he finds out that more than a couple of Jews are actors...
Here are a few I did not have to wait for~~~~~~~
1622933557381.png
1622933572913.png
1622933584506.png
1622933597120.png

I have the utmost respect for the actors above which makes me wonder,
what is your point-?

Language is what most distinguishes humans from other animals.
I would disagree.
Many species use language, the Cetaceans of the ocean have long complex sounds and communicate over vast distances.
They communicate when hunting and work together to confuse prey. They understand each other and just because we don't understand them doesn't mean they don't have specific vocalizations to get concepts across to others.
Animals may not have a written language, but they definitely communicate emotion, ideas, learning concepts and have the ability to adapt.
Chimpanzees and even crows have enough intelligence to make and use simple tools.

Animals may not have a written language, but they definitely communicate emotion, ideas, learning concepts and have the ability to adapt.
No, not even close to the following---
The first plays were performed with just one actor (called a protagonist) and a chorus of people who helped him to tell the story. However, throughout the 5th century BC playwrights continued to innovate.

The playwright Aeschylus added a second speaking role, called the antagonist, and reduced the chorus from 50 to 12. His play 'The Persians', first performed in 472 BC, is the oldest surviving of all Greek plays.

His pupil, Sophocles went on to add a third actor, while Euripides added both a prologue, introducing the subject of the play, and the deus ex machina, a divine figure who wrapped up any loose ends at the close.

Wealthy citizens would sponsor plays by paying a tax called the choregia. And just like Pisistratus, the tyrant who established the 'City Dionysia' to enhance his own popularity, many of these wealthy patrons hoped the success of the play they sponsored would provide them with a way into politics.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece.

Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

I have determined that it is self-reflection.

I believe our ability to contemplate a “make believe” moment was first put on display by way of the “Theatre”, way back in 5th century BC

The 5th century BC started the first day of 500 BC and ended the last day of 401 BC.. or 2,521 years ago.
5th century BC - Wikipedia

That is a very long time ago
Anyway, humans are capable of being in that moment in time and space as though they were there, playing a part.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece. Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

The theatre
View attachment 497689View attachment 497693View attachment 497694
tinyurl.com/3t49jbxw

A play is a work of drama, usually consisting mostly of dialogue between characters and intended for theatrical performance rather than just reading. The writer of a play is a playwright.
Play (theatre) - Wikipedia

Humans eventually were able hear the voices of theatre, nonfiction play by way of the radio.

Anyway, the point is this created an avenue where people can become the person in the play as if you were that person. You can then revisit that play focusing on another aspect of it.

In most cases, morality is woven into the script.

There are the good guys and the bad guys; and in the end the good always wins.

Tv sequels exemplifies as good set of moral values for the observer to experience. And it is all make believe

Make believe, also known as pretend play, is a loosely structured form of play that generally includes role-play

the individual must be intentionally diverting from reality.
The individual must be aware of the contrast between the real situation and the make believe situation.
Make believe - Wikipedia

This healthy ability is what separates us from all the rest.

I watch NCIS, Seinfeld, Gunsmoke, HBO movies of all sorts, MSNBC news, Fox, its all part of the human experience that is unique to the human race; setting us apart from all the rest.

Continuing along this same thread, since theatre originated in Europe;

Do Europeans have sitcoms & comedy to watch on TV today as we do, ?

STATEMENT: "What makes humans different from all the rest"

RESPONSE: ONLY HUMAN BEINGS COMMIT MURDER.
So do chimpanzees.

The biggest difference between humans and animals is our false sense of superiority.

The first plays were performed with just one actor (called a protagonist) and a chorus of people who helped him to tell the story. However, throughout the 5th century BC playwrights continued to innovate.

The playwright Aeschylus added a second speaking role, called the antagonist, and reduced the chorus from 50 to 12. His play 'The Persians', first performed in 472 BC, is the oldest surviving of all Greek plays.

His pupil, Sophocles went on to add a third actor, while Euripides added both a prologue, introducing the subject of the play, and the deus ex machina, a divine figure who wrapped up any loose ends at the close.

Wealthy citizens would sponsor plays by paying a tax called the choregia. And just like Pisistratus, the tyrant who established the 'City Dionysia' to enhance his own popularity, many of these wealthy patrons hoped the success of the play they sponsored would provide them with a way into politics.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece.

Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

If that makes sense to you, great.
But despite us having a written language, your post made absolutely zero sense to me.
Happens a lot on this site, which is the pitfall of our notion that our language is superior.
Whales may not have plays, but for all we know they could be discussing advanced mathematical concepts and wondering what to do if anything about the hairless primitive primates that inhabit the surface.

Humans have knowledge of good and evil wherein animals do not.
Thing is, humans historically do not agree on what defines evil vs. good.
Human morality concepts are the reason for the many splintered religions and the cause of most wars and human suffering.
What is good and just to one is evil and vile to another.

I believe our ability to contemplate a “make believe” moment was first put on display by way of the “Theatre”, way back in 5th century BC

The 5th century BC started the first day of 500 BC and ended the last day of 401 BC.. or 2,521 years ago.

Anyway, humans are capable of being in that moment in time and space as though they were there, playing a part.

The first plays were performed in the Theatre of Dionysus, built in the shadow of the Acropolis in Athens at the beginning of the 5th century, but theatres proved to be so popular they soon spread all over Greece. Drama was classified according to three different types or genres: comedy, tragedy and satyr plays.

The theatre
tinyurl.com/3t49jbxw

A play is a work of drama, usually consisting mostly of dialogue between characters and intended for theatrical performance rather than just reading. The writer of a play is a playwright.

Humans eventually were able hear the voices of theatre, nonfiction play by way of the radio.

Anyway, the point is this created an avenue where people can become the person in the play as if you were that person. You can then revisit that play focusing on another aspect of it.

Tv sequels exemplifies as good set of moral values for the observer to experience. And it is all make believe

Make believe, also known as pretend play, is a loosely structured form of play that generally includes role-play

The individual must be aware of the contrast between the real situation and the make believe situation.
Make believe - Wikipedia

I watch NCIS, Seinfeld, Gunsmoke, HBO movies of all sorts, MSNBC news, Fox, its all part of the human experience that is unique to the human race; setting us apart from all the rest.

So do chimpanzees.

The biggest difference between humans and animals is our false sense of superiority.
Well I'm sure trumpanzees have the Ape DNA and they have the human DNA.

The theatre
tinyurl.com/3t49jbxw

Make believe - Wikipedia

So do chimpanzees.

Well I'm sure trumpanzees have the Ape DNA and they have the human DNA.
Really sad that you can't go one thread without cheap political statements.

If there is no creator, aka "God", then we are all just animals and there is no such thing as morality.

Human morality concepts are the reason for the many splintered religions and the cause of most wars and human suffering.
You must be an atheist.
Not really.
Most Atheists are smug a-holes.
Had several here call me religious because I won't deny that a higher intelligence may exist.
I am skeptical of anyone claiming knowledge of the moment of creation. Religious or the insufferable Atheists.

You must be an atheist.
Not really.
Most Atheists are smug a-holes.
Had several here call me religious because I won't deny that a higher intelligence may exist.
I am skeptical of anyone claiming knowledge of the moment of creation. Religious or the insufferable Atheists.

Fair enough. I don't share the view that religion is the cause of the most suffering. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc., were all atheists and they either murdered or were responsible for a monolithic amount of suffering and death.

Humans has the ability to mature and able to work and share ideas with one another. But these GMOs, chemicals and vaccines will destroy those abilities. That we will soon be like the animals if we keep on consuming these things.

2 Peter 2:12
But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

Jude 1:10
Yet these people slander whatever they do not understand, and the very things they do understand by instinct as irrational animals do, will destroy them.

1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Forum List

Back