What kind of memorial could we possibly build to show gratitude for the vets of Afghan?

We knew from day one this was going to be a waste of our young soldiers and marines. And it's like none of us cared.

I'm sure that BLM and Antifa would find any memorials to the soldiers that fought in Afghanistan red meat, a target of vandalism and destruction just as they've destroyed memorials of past wars both in America and overseas.

I don't think the party of Trump deserves any thanks either.

It's a national fucking disgrace, and betrayal of our military, and it's on all of us.

We knew from day one this was going to be a waste of our young soldiers and marines. And it's like none of us cared.

We could round up all the Army Rangers who took out Pat Tillman, shot him, and lied to us about it, and shoot all of them, and classify them as covid deaths....

1628620204976.png

Are BLM and ANTIFA running out of memorials to tear down?

*****SMILE*****

:)

imo the Korean War memorial pretty well sums up a tired nation of men doing a thankless and hopeless duty

74fdd30c67d44cc153789133aa05f0055ec9ecfb.jpg

I remember the kid who lived next door to me when i was is grade school, and who was a few years older, lost his dad. I remember he and his mom were sad.

But I didn't think my parents just didn't care so much as there was nothing they could do. As JFK said life is not fair.

Let's include the interpreters and other loyalists and get them out of harms way immediately. So yes a memorial perhaps on the National Mall next to Vietnam.

And for those who claim I never criticize President Biden? Considering the takeover of multiple cities and return of the Taliban I think he fucked up bigly.

That shit wasn't happening before we bagged it. We had what - 3,000 troops there? They should have stayed permanently if necessary. Those brave soldiers were preventing this kind of shit.

Now, we will start seeing women raped, people burned alive along with all the rest of the horrors these buttholes wrought 20 years ago.

And it WILL become fertile ground for the next 9/11. What a waste of 20 years and I'll bet there are thousands of military families who'd agree.

A total of 2,312 US military personnel in Afghanistan have died and 20,066 have been wounded since 2001. The number of civilian deaths in Afghanistan range from 35,000 to 40,000, while the cost of military operations is put at $824bn.

Let's include the interpreters and other loyalists and get them out of harms way immediately. So yes a memorial perhaps on the National Mall next to Vietnam.

And for those who claim I never criticize President Biden? Considering the takeover of multiple cities and return of the Taliban I think he fucked up bigly.

That shit wasn't happening before we bagged it. We had what - 3,000 troops there? They should have stayed permanently if necessary. Those brave soldiers were preventing this kind of shit.

Now, we will start seeing women raped, people burned alive along with all the rest of the horrors these buttholes wrought 20 years ago.

And it WILL become fertile ground for the next 9/11. What a waste of 20 years and I'll bet there are thousands of military families who'd agree.

A total of 2,312 US military personnel in Afghanistan have died and 20,066 have been wounded since 2001. The number of civilian deaths in Afghanistan range from 35,000 to 40,000, while the cost of military operations is put at $824bn.
I dunno. I think W and then Biden fucked up. And Trump didn't lift a massive asscheek. But yes it was a waste. I don't think staying there 50 years would have changed anything. I'm actually glad my family didn't serve there. And Biden interestingly was one of the initial cheerleaders for Obama' surge, but came around to just keeping some special forces nearby, and hellfire drones ready to go.

These guys served for each other. And they had no illusions that America didn't give a fuck about them.

And Trump's charlottesville was certainly what men and women died for.

Don't even try to tell me you gave a shit about these guys.
1628621384080.png

You're right I don't give a shit for people who think they can just go in riot and tear statues down because they feel offended.

Do you know anyone that fits that discription?

*****SMILE*****

I'm sure that BLM and Antifa would find any memorials to the soldiers that fought in Afghanistan red meat, a target of vandalism and destruction just as they've destroyed memorials of past wars both in America and overseas.
I'm sure you're a fucking idiot.

The only winners were defense contractors and a rearmed Taliban.

A memorial would be fitting. Having a mass psych exam for the leaders of this country who kept us there IS CRUCIAL...

I'm not fond of psychology as a "science".. But there are all the prereqs for diagnosing "Co-Dependency" issues here.. Co-Dependency is when you're "all in" to "help" someone who isnt really trying hard, -- just using you for money or convenience. AND YOU -- see THEM as validating your worth in life and your massive generosity and goodness..

They do good -- YOU feel good. They do bad -- you get clinically depressed and ANGRY AT ---==== yourself,,

Whether it was trying to make them give women equal status. Or ordering their post offices to look as good as yours. Or making futile attempts to take down the poppy trade -- ALL of those things were more important TO US -- than them.. And MAYBE, we didn't have the "miracle worker" status we thought we had..

I've been there. When you find YOURSELF wandering the streets at 3AM looking to set your "patient" straight -- you start wondering. And for me -- JUST HEARING that my issue was a diagnosable psychiatric disorder was enough to get me to stop.. But not until my loved one had dumped a van I cosigned for over a ridge in the Sierras, been arrested several times and I had bailed them out and put them in the GREATEST rehab center only to have my $6000 deposit confiscated and my patient EJECTED from the place for doing drugs..

YES -- NATIONS can have SYSTEMIC mental issues.. Ours has several of them at the moment.. So did the Roman and British empires. Need COLLECTIVE head examinations.. AND THAT is what needs to happen...

To those who served in "the longest war" -- WE OWE THEM a clean bill of mental health on the part of the people who SENT them and KEPT them there,..

This is your show. Most of it is in your areas. The stage is yours and has been.

View attachment 523931

Are BLM and ANTIFA running out of memorials to tear down?

*****SMILE*****

Vids are showing a few of them keeping busy looking for prayer groups and the like to target if they "catch them" in the street. Exchange of smoke bombs, paint balls, and shout outs about "taking over the elderly prayer group" lol (okay, so I made that last part up but still), what absolute losers haha!

Hey...wonder why Antifa groups don't start cleaning up the inner cities and promote safety? Okay, so I just searched for "Antifa helping clean up cities" to be sure I'm right here, and came up flat...other than reports from last March about how the day after Antifa trashed Portland they showed up the next day to share love with the residents LOL I'd missed that somehow about their love fest following the night of terror! Oh yeah, I'm sure I'd feel 100% receptive to their fake love sentiments after they'd trashed and burned my street a few nights beforehand! This summarizes it:
"Antifa showed up in a Portland neighborhood it had trashed just days before to share “love” with angry residents by staging a “clean up” march while, in another part of town, others were massing to trash the ICE headquarters. It was a display of psy-ops, disinformation, and misdirection from the well-organized group."

"Saturday night in the Pearl District of Portland, the black-bloc outfitted, masked antifa members blocked streets while marching with a banner which read, “antifa loves you.” Mobsters broke off from the crowd to “wash windows” of alarmed businesses and pick up trash, while at the same time distributing paper flyers accusing Portland police officers of murder. Marchers blew bubbles."

These guys served for each other. And they had no illusions that America didn't give a fuck about them.
:rolleyes:
That is bullshit.
Obviously you know no one who actually fought there.
Many Afghan people and Iraqi people LOVED American soldiers.
But like in Vietnam, you never knew if the smiling face was a friend or a foe.
You might see 100 people smile and their kids run up to you and jump up and down in excitement, but it only took one radical to ruin your day.
As with most corrupt nations, the people are basically good and strongly desire peace. But they are not the ones in control.

imo the Korean War memorial pretty well sums up a tired nation of men doing a thankless and hopeless duty

74fdd30c67d44cc153789133aa05f0055ec9ecfb.jpg

I remember the kid who lived next door to me when i was is grade school, and who was a few years older, lost his dad. I remember he and his mom were sad.

But I didn't think my parents just didn't care so much as there was nothing they could do. As JFK said life is not fair.
It is a weird memorial to me. It always reads as somehow incomplete which I guess is appropriate in a way though not sure if intended that way. The nearby Vietnam War Nurse Memorial is about the only one that has truly struck awe in me just in its incredible craftsmanship. Much more lifelike in person than I have ever seen captured by photograph. I didn't even know what it was the first time I saw it. I just happened upon it and fell in awe.

A small field of poppies would be appropriate. We protected those farmers whom the Taliban despise. We're trying to fly out the interpreters, the farmers will just lose their hands.

Forum List

Back