What is your style in home decor?

I decorate with canine.

So does The Queen...

View attachment 439818
I love them. Bet she doesn't have to groom them though as they DO have a serious undercoat and they do some serious shedding.

I have a Japanese Spitz. He sheds like a Wookie on chemo.

Japanese-Spitz.4.jpg

I don't have a vacuum. I use a snow-blower.

Thanks AquaAthena!
The Wife and I are about to have our Barndo built!
It wont be as extravagant as my pics but it wont be far off.
We're about to purchase 50 acres and have a Barndo built for our dream retirement place.
OH, man! That is one fine Barndo you do have now. I could live there for sure. If you guys want to rent a room in your new place, I am looking to get the heck out of Oregon! :hands:

Thanks AquaAthena!
We're about to purchase 50 acres and have a Barndo built for our dream retirement place.
OH, man! That is one fine Barndo you do have now. I could live there for sure. If you guys want to rent a room in your new place, I am looking to get the heck out of Oregon! :hands:

With 50 plus acres you can possibly move in.
Of course you'd have to be ready for major gunfire on the property.
In Texas you need to have 50 acres to legally shoot centerfire pistols and rifles on private property.
Which of course is why we are buying 50 plus acres.

I like to sing "the preraphaelites" to the tune of Desmond Dekkar's "the Israelites".
Really? I'll have to check that out. Glad you noticed the Pre-Raphaelites. Most of the 150 framed PRINTS I have are from 19th-century artists and some 20th. Love Gustav Klint's art. It sparkles like the attire I wear. :eusa_dance:
Austrian expressionism is one of my favorite movements and I love Klimpt, too.

Now, Egon Schiele isn't exactly the stuff you can put on the walls right before that dinner party, but still.......

Thanks AquaAthena!

In Texas you need to have 50 acres to legally shoot centerfire pistols and rifles on private property.
I'm in! Love to target practice and LOVE TEXANS! I'm with them in spirit and I grew up with horses. :) Run it by the wife! Ha! Looks like I"m stuck on the coast of Oregon.

I like to sing "the preraphaelites" to the tune of Desmond Dekkar's "the Israelites".
Really? I'll have to check that out. Glad you noticed the Pre-Raphaelites. Most of the 150 framed PRINTS I have are from 19th-century artists and some 20th. Love Gustav Klint's art. It sparkles like the attire I wear. :eusa_dance:

Now, Egon Schiele isn't exactly the stuff you can put on the walls right I before that dinner party, but still.......

Now, Egon Schiele isn't exactly the stuff you can put on the walls right I before that dinner party, but still.......
HAHA...Love Egon Schiele and have some of his stuff, too. Pictures are everywhere in every room from floor to 9ft. ceilings. Love my ambiance.

Last edited:
I decorate with canine.

So does The Queen...

View attachment 439818
I love them. Bet she doesn't have to groom them though as they DO have a serious undercoat and they do some serious shedding.

I have a Japanese Spitz. He sheds like a Wookie on chemo.

View attachment 439838

I don't have a vacuum. I use a snow-blower.
Is this seriously your beyond beautiful animal? Wow! I'll show you two of my kitties.

Last edited:
, I am looking to get the heck out of Oregon! :hands:

I still love it here, myself. Kate hasn't ruined it for me YET.
Give 'er time. She may get to close ALL the businesses, instead of just most of them. I do love the lush beauty and the temperate marine climate here but need to be closer to people who have conservative politics in common. Thinking of back east, my roots. My brother tells me, "c'mon Sis, but I haven't decided.

Thanks AquaAthena!

what is the cost per acre where you live?

Thanks AquaAthena!

It varies across the state.
You can get 50 acres anywhere from $200k to $500k or more.
I'd say the average is around $6k.

Thanks AquaAthena!

It varies across the state.
You can get 50 acres anywhere from $200k to $500k or more.
I'd say the average is around $6k.
r u in texas?

Forum List

Back