What is this "save the paseo" crap?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
I bunch of white people are mad some blacks in the hood have ten blocks of a street named after MLKjr? I mean I will say that I used to have to travel a lot, and no matter what city I was in, if I was on MLKjr street, I seemed to be in a rough part of town. So, in retrospect, probably there should have been statues or something, but for God's sake just let people name their own streets.

I don't care what they name the street ... as long as they update it on Google Maps.

You don't get to name your own freaking street for about a hundred reasons. If you did you might as well throw your GPS in the garbage and forget about mailing a letter or package.

You don't get to name your own freaking street for about a hundred reasons. If you did you might as well throw your GPS in the garbage and forget about mailing a letter or package.

Only a concern for those who live and do business on the street. If they choose to remove themselves from standard naming conventions, that's their business. I certainly wont visit a place, or do business with shops, that I can't find.

Perhaps they should go to the Japanese-style of addressing where streets don't have names and address numbers aren't sequential, they are in the order the building / home was built.

There is a reason that the Japanese put GPS in cars nearly a decade before it became common in the US ... you can't find anything there without a local directory.

People name streets all the time for fucks sake, but that's not really the issue. People can fight about street names all they want, but a bunch of ignorant white people from outside the community shouldn't be disrespecting other people in church by disrupting their worship. JFC, a bunch of assholes.

Save the Paseo group protests MLK Blvd. rally at KC church, days before Nov. 5 vote

By Glenn E. Rice, The Kansas City Star
19 hrs ago
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...rce=http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAJUgVh?ocid=sl
http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAJUgVh?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...rer=http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAJUgVh?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAJUgVh?ocid=sw

I had 'clear understanding' of quid pro quo, diplomat says

GOP Incumbent Won't Concede Ky. Gov Race, Calls for Vote Review

A group seeking to change the name of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard back to The Paseo staged a silent protest Sunday at a rally of their opponents at a Kansas City church.

The protest occurred about 4:30 p.m. inside the Paseo Baptist Church at 25th Street and Dr. King Boulevard. It came days before Tuesday’s city election, which includes a citizen-led ballot question to decide whether to keep the street name after it was changed earlier this year.

The question was put on the ballot by a group called Save The Paseo. Members of that group entered the church Sunday during a rally at the church supporting the current name honoring the slain civil rights leader. The rally featured U.S. Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II as a speaker.

The protesters stood silently in the two aisles, refusing repeated pleas from several clergy to sit down.

The demonstration angered the Rev. Vernon P. Howard, president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Greater Kansas City, who helped lead the effort to rename the boulevard after King.

“If this is some kind of perverted attempt to demonstrate a spirit of protest and activism, then it is evil, wrongheaded and harmful to race relations, to the spirit of Dr. King and certainly to the Paseo Baptist Church,” Howard said.

Those who disrupted the rally were not told to leave but were asked to sit down because they were disrupting the event and blocking the views of participants.

Kellie Jones, a spokeswoman for Save the Paseo, participated in the protest. She said those who attended felt passionate about the issue and had the right to be there.

“They were symbolically standing for the people that were unheard in this process,” Jones said. “They wanted to stand up for justice, they wanted to stand up for those that were unheard and that is what they did.”

Jones declined to say why her group refused the requests to sit down

People have been giving streets goofy names for a long time. Did you ever hear of streets called This Way or That Way?

I bunch of white people are mad some blacks in the hood have ten blocks of a street named after MLKjr? I mean I will say that I used to have to travel a lot, and no matter what city I was in, if I was on MLKjr street, I seemed to be in a rough part of town. So, in retrospect, probably there should have been statues or something, but for God's sake just let people name their own streets.
I would suggest you educate yourself before running your mouth,,,

it was a lot more than just white people complaining,,,the Paseo is mostly black neighborhoods throughout its 10 mile stretch,,,

and the people did name it yesterday as still being "the Paseo"

maybe some people that dont live here need to mind their own business,,,

it was a lot more than just white people complaining,,,the Paseo is mostly black neighborhoods throughout its 10 mile stretch,,,

Maybe you don't live there, too, asshole

And maybe you'd like your church services disrupted by "outside agitators"

54 yrs and counting,,,

54 yrs and counting,,,
And you should have protestors disrupting your church, asshole

Uh you realize that a lot of blacks were also against the change?

54 yrs and counting,,,
I dont go to church,,,

54 yrs and counting,,,
I dont go to church,,,
I figured that, and you think it's all cool to disrespect other people going to church, asshole

54 yrs and counting,,,
I dont go to church,,,
I figured that, and you think it's all cool to disrespect other people going to church, asshole

when did I say anything about people going to church???

I was talking about you sticking your nose in our business,,,

Forum List

Back