What is the stupidest reason for being fired that you heard of?

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
While I support Right to Work, and still do, what is the stupidest reason you've heard of for being fired???

I was fired today from a job because I didn't carry out the trash a co-worker left in the bathroom.

To my thinking, that is almost the most chickenshit reason to fire someone..

What's your story. Can you beat that?

Sometimes they don't tell you the real reason you were fired.

My guess is, you were already on the boss' shit-list for other things you did or did not do and this was a last straw.

While I support Right to Work, and still do, what is the stupidest reason you've heard of for being fired???

I was fired today from a job because I didn't carry out the trash a co-worker left in the bathroom.

It must have been an Obama conspiracy...being that he does everything to keep the white man down. Nonetheless, given that you were in a position where you are taking out the trash for co-workers, I can understand why you think there is a conspiracy against white people.

How about for being gay? That's a pretty stupid reason...

Has anyone ever really been fired for being gay?

Have you?

At my old firm there was a paralegal who was openly gay and his partner was listed next to him on the employee contact list, just like the husbands and wives of the other employees.

And no one had a problem with that.

Message to gays: the world is not out to get you.

Don't worry you can always get another job at another fast food restaurant :eusa_whistle:

It must have been an Obama conspiracy...being that he does everything to keep the white man down. Nonetheless, given that you were in a position where you are taking out the trash for co-workers, I can understand why you think there is a conspiracy against white people.

Naw.. Obama had nothing to do with this.

Have you?

At my old firm there was a paralegal who was openly gay and his partner was listed next to him on the employee contact list, just like the husbands and wives of the other employees.

It is a talking point I don't ever recall anything in recent history anyone being fired for being "gay". Other have claimed that is why they were fired, but their discharge papers said otherwise.

Don't worry you can always get another job at another fast food restaurant :eusa_whistle:

Actually, I was Security, not fast food.

I'm sorry. I wish you well.

Have you?

Yes, people really have been fired for being gay (and still are) the military did it up until a couple years ago.

I was denied a job because I am gay, fired no.

Actually, I was Security, not fast food.

If your boss told you to ttake out the trash, you should have taken out the trash. This isn't UK where you get to refuse jobs that are not within your "job description."

Have you?

Yes, people really have been fired for being gay (and still are) the military did it up until a couple years ago.

So you were told because you are "gay" you can not be hired?

I call BS on that one.

You were on the shit list that's a fact. You were prolly told that a thousands of times. The key to getting away with anything is to be better then anyone else.

Have you?

Mayor Who Fired Lesbian Police Chief Caught On Tape In Homophobic Tirade

Latta Mayor Earl Bullard fired Moore on Tuesday soon after she received seven reprimands, which alleged that she had failed to maintain order and questioned authority, among other offenses, according to a report by WBTW News 13. The reprimands were the first Moore ever received after more than 20 years on the job. What's more, members of the city council said Bullard, who just became mayor in December, broke with protocol by not giving Moore a verbal or written warning for any wrongdoing, or discussing the matter with the council before taking action.

“By all accounts, Chief Moore has served the people of Latta, S.C., well for over 20 years” said Human Rights Campaign spokesman Fred Sainz. “On the surface this looks a like clear-cut case of employment discrimination based on sexual orientation. Without explicit federal or state employment protections, a decorated police chief is left to fend for herself.”

Have you?

Latta Mayor Earl Bullard fired Moore on Tuesday soon after she received seven reprimands, which alleged that she had failed to maintain order and questioned authority, among other offenses, according to a report by WBTW News 13. The reprimands were the first Moore ever received after more than 20 years on the job. What's more, members of the city council said Bullard, who just became mayor in December, broke with protocol by not giving Moore a verbal or written warning for any wrongdoing, or discussing the matter with the council before taking action.

“By all accounts, Chief Moore has served the people of Latta, S.C., well for over 20 years” said Human Rights Campaign spokesman Fred Sainz. “On the surface this looks a like clear-cut case of employment discrimination based on sexual orientation. Without explicit federal or state employment protections, a decorated police chief is left to fend for herself.”

Yes I am sure the far left press like Huffington post is reporting this story correctly. Might as well pull it from daily kos or raw story..

Have you?

how did you not get.a job because you are gay? What did you do hit on the human resource guy/girl? That could happen to a straight person

No, I was let go from the public library at age 15 or 16, because the library received a grant that required someone with lower family income. I loved that job, my first besides babysitting. My family was lower middle income but not poor, my father received military retirement plus worked in the DOC.

I wasn't told to carry out the trash.. in fact I had put a note on top of it telling the co-worker that I wasn't his mother or his wife, I wouldn't empty his trash any more. I carried any trash I generated out with me every morning..

In the long run I wish that I had carried his trash out.. but I was trying to make a point and it cost me my job.

Forum List

Back