What is the minimum wage for an illegal immigrant?????????????

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
They have no minimum wage, some of the people working on farms are getting .25 cents per bushel of tomatoes picked............ So the Democraps are in favor of slave labor. No matter Trump is coming

They have no minimum wage, some of the people working on farms are getting .25 cents per bushel of tomatoes picked............ So the Democraps are in favor of slave labor. No matter Trump is coming

A fellow dad at the local school is s transplanted Californian. He would talk about how when you walked down the streets of san francisco that you would see sweat shop type set ups, with the doors wide open for all to see, filled with illegals making slave wages in horrible conditions.

He blamed the corruption of the city government. Couldn't make the leap to blaming the open border policy.

I live in a border state where the minimum wage is 7.25. (7.25 x 8 = 58). You can go to most Home Depot or Lowe's parking lots every morning and hire an unskilled illegal for 35 bucks a day. They will work all day until the job is done, not just 8 hours. Same with a skilled mason or carpenter for a higher (negotiated) rate.

No rules or regulations to worry about. Immigration laws flagrantly broken every day and law enforcement doesn't do a damn thing about it. I asked a local cop about this a few years ago. He told me they don't arrest illegals unless they commit a felony. The ICE facility in the state stays full and they rarely accept those that are arrested so if our city arrests illegals, they're stuck with the bill of housing and feeding them. Our schools are stuck with the bill of their kids and our hospitals are stuck with caring for their sick since they won't pay.

• Banned

A fellow dad at the local school is s transplanted Californian. He would talk about how when you walked down the streets of san francisco that you would see sweat shop type set ups, with the doors wide open for all to see, filled with illegals making slave wages in horrible conditions.

He blamed the corruption of the city government. Couldn't make the leap to blaming the open border policy.
Those are sanctuary city slave shops................

I live in a border state where the minimum wage is 7.25. (7.25 x 8 = 58). You can go to most Home Depot or Lowe's parking lots every morning and hire an unskilled illegal for 35 bucks a day. They will work all day until the job is done, not just 8 hours. Same with a skilled mason or carpenter for a higher (negotiated) rate.

No rules or regulations to worry about. Immigration laws flagrantly broken every day and law enforcement doesn't do a damn thing about it. I asked a local cop about this a few years ago. He told me they don't arrest illegals unless they commit a felony. The ICE facility in the state stays full and they rarely accept those that are arrested so if our city arrests illegals, they're stuck with the bill of housing and feeding them. Our schools are stuck with the bill of their kids and our hospitals are stuck with caring for their sick since they won't pay.

THat jives with what I have heard from local law enforcement. ICE just won't lift a finger.

Trump could vastly increase deportations simply by putting a ball buster in charge of ICE.

Really? Who are the Democrats who want to legalize paying someone sub minimum wage?

Really? Who are the Democrats who want to legalize paying someone sub minimum wage?

They don't want to legalize it. They just don't want to enforce the law.

THat jives with what I have heard from local law enforcement. ICE just won't lift a finger.

Trump could vastly increase deportations simply by putting a ball buster in charge of ICE.

Agree, but also disagree. We pay to much to deport to many people but the absolute worst, until we devise the method that we are going to use to stop them from coming back in. You do not try and bail water from a boat with a bucket, that 1/2 the bottom is missing from. The left is sure besides stopping people at the border as best as IE can, nothing major besides that is going to happen, until a barrier of some sort is erected, to keep what we throw out, out!

Every American with a brain is OK with migrants coming to pick fruit. We just don't want them doing jobs Americans will do.

You're insane if you think trumps going to stop this.

Back during Reagan we had 1 million fruit pickers come then leave at the end of the season. It wasn't a problem. Then Reagan let 9 million more come to steal American jobs because the business owners wanted to cut labor costs

Who's hiring them?

Who's hiring them?

Contractors who charge the same for a job that other contractors who don't hire illegals. More profit and no pesky work rules or safety regulations. These contractors are creating a magnet and breaking the law. They should be locked up in a very public manner. If they show up on my property, I tell them to take a hike.

Who's hiring them?

And another thing! It's so easy to get fake documents. You can go downtown to the center of the Hispanic district and right there in the open are shops advertising "work documents" and "immigration attorneys". It's very easy for a Mexican to come here on a tourist visa, hop off the plane legally, get fake papers and go to work and never worry about going back to Mexico when his tourist visa expires. If a contractor (halfheartedly) checks an applicant's status, he's confronted with fake documents and he feels covered--even if he knows he's breaking the law. The cops know it. ICE knows it. The politicians know it. It's right out in the open.

The same cop who will right a CITIZEN a speeding ticket or take you to the jail for shoplifting won't lift a finger to arrest anyone flagrantly breaking our immigration and labor laws nor the ones supplying them with forged documents.

Ask King Trumpery - he employs a lot of undocumented and foreign workers. The link in my sig will show you why.
15621607_10154525529499760_3198978332888934108_n-jpg.103785

Who's hiring them?

Contractors who charge the same for a job that other contractors who don't hire illegals. More profit and no pesky work rules or safety regulations. These contractors are creating a magnet and breaking the law. They should be locked up in a very public manner. If they show up on my property, I tell them to take a hike.

Yep - that's exactly why trump uses undocumented.

Who's hiring them?

And another thing! It's so easy to get fake documents. You can go downtown to the center of the Hispanic district and right there in the open are shops advertising "work documents" and "immigration attorneys". It's very easy for a Mexican to come here on a tourist visa, hop off the plane legally, get fake papers and go to work and never worry about going back to Mexico when his tourist visa expires. If a contractor (halfheartedly) checks an applicant's status, he's confronted with fake documents and he feels covered--even if he knows he's breaking the law. The cops know it. ICE knows it. The politicians know it. It's right out in the open.

The same cop who will right a CITIZEN a speeding ticket or take you to the jail for shoplifting won't lift a finger to arrest anyone flagrantly breaking our immigration and labor laws nor the ones supplying them with forged documents.
We are getting screwed by both sides. The people with money rig the system in their favor and the poor keep costing us money and they produce the next generation of crime and poverty.

If a poor American can't get a job because of immigrants my advice would be to get yourself fixed.

When is the, alleged capital right wing, going to solve our illegal problem at the federal borders with the federal powers already delegated in our federal Constitution? Good capitalists generate revenue from market friendliness in public policies, not just fines.

Another question is...what is the reward for identifying them and getting them deported?

When is the, alleged capital right wing, going to solve our illegal problem at the federal borders with the federal powers already delegated in our federal Constitution? Good capitalists generate revenue from market friendliness in public policies, not just fines.
You guys do realize Republicans and corporations both say we need immigrants, right? So expect them to make all the illegals legal very soon.

That's better than illegals but it's not like it's going to help the blue collar trump supporters. If anything it will cost small business owners and consumers

Every American with a brain is OK with migrants coming to pick fruit. We just don't want them doing jobs Americans will do.

Agreed.

You're insane if you think trumps going to stop this.

Trump's quality of life for the rest of his life will be defined by whether or not he stops this.

Back during Reagan we had 1 million fruit pickers come then leave at the end of the season. It wasn't a problem. Then Reagan let 9 million more come to steal American jobs because the business owners wanted to cut labor costs

Reagan's amnesty was a mistake, that much we agree on. Illegals had already vastly exceeded the small migrant farm labor pool at that point. And yes, business owners want to cut labor costs.

Forum List

Back