What is the meat of Obama's jobs bill?

Would someone who is kindly disposed to Obama's plan and good with details please explain what kind of (and numbers of) jobs Obama's bill is supposed to create?

Well, somewhere between the fairyland of The Left and the Let's Stop Everything of The Right, is an actual bill with a few good ideas. Here's what I've been able to find:

* Cut payroll tax in half on 1st $5M in wages. This is great. Big Corps who ship their jobs and tax renenues overseas won't even notice it. Who will? American small businesses like mine. Which of course is why the GOP is already fighting this clause. WTF?
* Cut payroll tax completely on new hires & raises, up to the first $50M. This is good too! This could help the economy! So I'm sure it will be attacked by those who normally fight for tax cuts and say they are the answer to everything.
* Cut the payroll tax for workers in half. That's an extra $1500 during the holiday retail season. The GOP is opposed to this too. Figures. WTF???
* 100% write-offs for new locations and equipment. This eliminates depreciating stuff over years so basically, you get like, 5 times the normal deduction. I really don't see how anyone could argue against this but I'm sure they'll find a way.
* The last thing is sort of theoretical hype and until I see something written firmly, I consider it fluff. Major companies - including foreign ones, have a tremendous advantage over American small business, when it comes to the billions paid out. They can afford to wait stupid amount of time the government takes to pay for services rendered. So Obama's talking about cutting that to 90 days - which would give 100% American companies a chance at billions we pay to foreign or not-totally US companies. How's he going to do it? Um yeah. Good luck with that. I'm doubtful.
* Rebuilding bridges etc... that need it. That's what he said he was going to do with the money the first time. Not what happened. 4sshole!
* One thing I like is that he's talking about helping people who have been out of work, start their own business. I used to volunteer in Texas, teaching people how to do exactly that. They were often surprised how easy it could be. The key was always capitalization. If someone could keep their unemployment while starting a new business, they might be huge.

So those are the main points. Of course, the same GOP that has complained that tax cuts would be the answer to all of our problems, are opposed to every point in this - including the tax cuts. Hypocrites.

Of course, if Perry were president and proposed this exact same thing, I'm sure the Dems would be opposed to it. Hypocrites...

yeah....it's worked out so well for the taxpayers

The Obama administration's US $38-billion green energy loan plan-part of the first stimulus program-promised 65,000 jobs. So far, it has delivered 3,545 jobs at a cost of US$5-million a job. Major firms are going bankrupt.
How to enlighten Penelope on green jobs

Drink some more of your orange Kool-Aid

Again, your kind would scream at a band-aid placed on a bullet wound.

Maybe you should vote for another war and crash the economy again... You know, then you can blame a Democrat for not working miracles in stopping a bleeding hemorrhage!

:rofl:

fucking fool.

national post? nice.

:thup:

Your jumping up and down for the failed stimulus. You think it was a success:lol:
I laugh at you, shogun. Drink more Kool-Aid...it gives you a warm and tingley feeling running up your leg. :eusa_whistle:

I think the economy could have been worse without it. Of course, there is no success for your type unless a conservative is in the white house.

You know, like all that success we see in Iraq.

Feel free to laugh at whomever you want to, derp. Hopefully, you'll at least figure out the difference between "your" and "you're".

:thup:

G E sell coal fired plants to china makes billions sell US bullshit wind generators and Pays zero in taxes. Who are the suckers we the American taxpayers. The green energy program is a total scam. just another scam given to us by the Obama Adminisration.

New Topics

Forum List

Back