What is the matter with you pot heads? You missed it!

syrenn

Rookie
Reaction score
I cant believe you pot heads have had nothing to say about this yet.

:lol:

I am amazed you all did not make a pilgrimage.

Touted by locals as the center of the medical marijuana industry, Oakland seems a fitting host for California’s first marijuana outdoor street festival: the two-day International Cannabis and Hemp Expo, which opened its doors Saturday.

Spanning five downtown city blocks, the event is also the first of its kind to provide an open-air cannabis consumption area, where anyone with a doctor approval for cannabis use may smell, taste or otherwise imbibe an astonishing array of marijuana-based products—from edibles and hash to massage oils and medicinal ointments. For this weekend only, card-carrying cannabis connoisseurs are invited to exercise their medicinal rights by lighting up on the steps of City Hall.

Cannabis enthusiasts light up at Oakland street festival – Oakland North : North Oakland News, Food, Art and Events

Reaction score

Touted by locals as the center of the medical marijuana industry, Oakland seems a fitting host for California’s first marijuana outdoor street festival: the two-day International Cannabis and Hemp Expo, which opened its doors Saturday.

Spanning five downtown city blocks, the event is also the first of its kind to provide an open-air cannabis consumption area, where anyone with a doctor approval for cannabis use may smell, taste or otherwise imbibe an astonishing array of marijuana-based products—from edibles and hash to massage oils and medicinal ointments. For this weekend only, card-carrying cannabis connoisseurs are invited to exercise their medicinal rights by lighting up on the steps of City Hall.

Cannabis enthusiasts light up at Oakland street festival – Oakland North : North Oakland News, Food, Art and Events
Goes some way to explaining why California has become the shithole of the country. Stoners.

FuelRod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Bay Area freeways are TOTALLY confusing...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9huSs0g67c]Fasttimes at Ridgemont High Sean Penn You Dick scene - YouTube[/ame]

BREDNAMERICA

Reaction score
Since arizona legalized pot , people still get raided at thier home , they show thier card but still go to jail, it's like it's legal to have a presciption but illegal to get it filled

eots

no fly list
Reaction score

ya, go have another cocktail .your sounding a little....tense

waltky

Wise ol' monkey
Reaction score
Now dey got marijuana libraries in Mexico...
:eek:
Mexico's 'Cannabis Libraries' reflect rising drug problem, and changing attitudes
October 4, 2011 - Mexico's Cannabis Libraries, public collections of reliable information about illegal drugs, help to educate citizens in a country that is seeing consumption on the rise.
In the corner of a library situated in a Mexico City park, stands a lonely yellow bookshelf lined with tomes on marijuana, cocaine, pills, psychedelics, and the like. This nook is known as the Biblioteca Canábica, or the Cannabis Library, and it's an attempt by civil society organizations here to create a go-to place for reliable information about illegal drugs for parents, teachers, teens, and others. It’s also a subtle way of raising the volume on a debate that is growing ever louder in Mexico: whether to legalize drugs.

“We want a healthier relationship with drugs,” says Carlos Zamudio, director of the Cannabis Library project. "[T]he relationship we have now has brought us problems with violence and health. A healthier relationship requires regulating drugs in a different way.” Apparently Mexican President Felipe Calderón is warming to the idea. Once stridently opposed to legalization, President Calderón has softened his tone on the subject as his six-year term winds down into its final year.

Calderón launched a war on drug traffickers in 2006, which has cost more than 40,000 lives. He recently told the United Nations General Assembly in New York that consumer nations are “morally obligated” to “search for options, including market alternatives” if they can’t, or don’t want to reduce demand. The first Cannabis Library was founded in 2003, and there are now six locations across Mexico City. A seventh location opened in the nearby city of Puebla in January. The Cannabis Libraries are grouped together within actual public libraries, as well as within cultural centers and cafés. All told, the project boasts a collection of about 600 books.

On the bookshelf at the park library in a trendy Mexico City neighborhood is a book in English called “Buzzed: The Straight Facts About the Most Used & Abused Drugs from Alcohol to Ecstasy.” Another in Spanish is titled “Drug Addiction and Drug Trafficking: Legal Aspects.” Then there is, in English, “Why Marijuana Should Be Legal.” There is a copy of the Mexican Constitution - to teach citizens about their laws - as well as a copy of an Aztec manuscript translated into Latin in 1552. It includes drawings of substances labeled in the ancient Nahuatl language, plants with names like “ayecohtli” and “tolohuaxihuitl.”

MORE

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score

Do you have any idea how many open to the public Hemp festivals there are?

Oakland's is no big deal

Maine has three hempfests a year.

People smoke openly, pot is bought and sold openly, too.

techieny

Conservative
Reaction score

ya, go have another cocktail .your sounding a little....tense
Oh yes. I was waiting on the pot vs. booze argument. To me it's like the chair vs. lethal injection....both extremely tiresome!

Si modo

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Apathy got the best of them. ;)

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
i had my own protest.....right outside my door......flying across country to smoke up doesnt make a lot of sense, now does it?

OldUSAFSniper

Conservative
Reaction score
Okay, so who brought the chips and the cookies?

Was in Seattle during their festival. If I was a city, it would NOT be something that I would want advertised.

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
why not? most pot heads are employeed (well were before this economy) and if you owned an eatery wouldnt you want them...munchies

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List