What is "stoning" now that this fate is the future for many Afghan women?

I know that, you know that, but Bush and his team lived in some kind of fairy land.

Either way, they tried to destroy OPEC's power.

That makes no sense to me. US oil production was in the tank during Bush's presidency.

That makes no sense to me. US oil production was in the tank during Bush's presidency.

It makes a lot of sense.

The US imported 300,000,000 barrels a month of oil or more from 2000 to about 2010.
Imagine you have to pay $10 extra per barrel, that's $3 billion a month extra you have to pay.

In December 1998 oil was at $22 a barrel.

By August 2000 it was at $60 a barrel.

So the US was paying $6 billion extra a month for oil.

Then it went up to over $100 a barrel later on.

Had OPEC had control over oil prices, prices would probably have been even higher, as they could have reduced production.

The reason the US produces so much now is because they saw this and Bush increased oil development, especially with fracking.

You think how much the Iraq War cost. $78 billion for the actual invasion. Well, you're going to save this money later on. At $6 billion a month, within a year you're saving money.

They just didn't expect it to go wrong. They didn't expect to have to pay for years of insurgency, they believed that Iraq would just turn into an American loving country over night. It had happened, Kosovo loved the US so much, they have a Bill Clinton Avenue in Pristina, Kosovo with a statue of him. Why not in Iraq too? Mostly because they refused to understand the situation there.

It makes a lot of sense.

The US imported 300,000,000 barrels a month of oil or more from 2000 to about 2010.
Imagine you have to pay $10 extra per barrel, that's $3 billion a month extra you have to pay.

In December 1998 oil was at $22 a barrel.

By August 2000 it was at $60 a barrel.

So the US was paying $6 billion extra a month for oil.

Then it went up to over $100 a barrel later on.

Had OPEC had control over oil prices, prices would probably have been even higher, as they could have reduced production.

The reason the US produces so much now is because they saw this and Bush increased oil development, especially with fracking.

You think how much the Iraq War cost. $78 billion for the actual invasion. Well, you're going to save this money later on. At $6 billion a month, within a year you're saving money.

They just didn't expect it to go wrong. They didn't expect to have to pay for years of insurgency, they believed that Iraq would just turn into an American loving country over night. It had happened, Kosovo loved the US so much, they have a Bill Clinton Avenue in Pristina, Kosovo with a statue of him. Why not in Iraq too? Mostly because they refused to understand the situation there.

Bush didn't do anything for US oil production. Production doubled during the Obama administration.

Bush didn't do anything for US oil production. Production doubled during the Obama administration.

Do you think oil production just increase over night?

You think Obama had some kind of magic wand and said "let there be oil" and oil gushed forth?

"The Enormous Energy Legacy Of President George W. Bush"

"I often remind people that a U.S. president’s policies generally have limited impact on the energy markets in the short term. "

"However, over the longer term a president’s policies can make a big impact. One of the examples I often use is President Nixon."

"
Within two weeks of taking office, Bush named Cheney as the chairman of the National Energy Policy Development Group (NEPDG).

The group’s purpose was to "develop a national energy policy designed to help the private sector, and, as necessary and appropriate, state and local governments, promote dependable, affordable, and environmentally sound production and distribution of energy for the future.""

""The group’s work culminated in the release of the National Energy Policy (NEP) in May of 2001."

"
The report made specific recommendations designed to meet five goals:
  • Modernize conservation
  • Modernize U.S. energy infrastructure
  • Increase energy supplies
  • Accelerate the protection and improvement of the environment
  • Increase U.S. energy security"
"In fact, many of the report’s recommendations were focused on increasing domestic oil supplies and ensuring that the U.S. maintained access to supplies abroad."

"Many viewed his comments as disingenuous, but there is no question that Bush took actions that were ultimately successful in reducing U.S. dependence on foreign oil."

"But perhaps the most significant development to occur during the Bush Administration was the marriage of horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing ("fracking"), which ushered in the shale oil and gas boom."

"The Bush Administration passed a number of laws aimed at accelerating the development of fracking. Many of those laws were staunchly criticized by environmental groups, but there is no doubt they helped spur an enormous increase in U.S. oil and gas production."

Do you think oil production just increase over night?

You think Obama had some kind of magic wand and said "let there be oil" and oil gushed forth?

"The Enormous Energy Legacy Of President George W. Bush"

"I often remind people that a U.S. president’s policies generally have limited impact on the energy markets in the short term. "

"However, over the longer term a president’s policies can make a big impact. One of the examples I often use is President Nixon."

"
Within two weeks of taking office, Bush named Cheney as the chairman of the National Energy Policy Development Group (NEPDG).

The group’s purpose was to "develop a national energy policy designed to help the private sector, and, as necessary and appropriate, state and local governments, promote dependable, affordable, and environmentally sound production and distribution of energy for the future.""

""The group’s work culminated in the release of the National Energy Policy (NEP) in May of 2001."

"
The report made specific recommendations designed to meet five goals:
  • Modernize conservation
  • Modernize U.S. energy infrastructure
  • Increase energy supplies
  • Accelerate the protection and improvement of the environment
  • Increase U.S. energy security"
"In fact, many of the report’s recommendations were focused on increasing domestic oil supplies and ensuring that the U.S. maintained access to supplies abroad."

"Many viewed his comments as disingenuous, but there is no question that Bush took actions that were ultimately successful in reducing U.S. dependence on foreign oil."

"But perhaps the most significant development to occur during the Bush Administration was the marriage of horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing ("fracking"), which ushered in the shale oil and gas boom."

"The Bush Administration passed a number of laws aimed at accelerating the development of fracking. Many of those laws were staunchly criticized by environmental groups, but there is no doubt they helped spur an enormous increase in U.S. oil and gas production."

Obama had nothing to do with it, but oil production doubled during his administration.

Fracking has been in common usage for 50 years... So has horizontal drilling.

Obama had nothing to do with it, but oil production doubled during his administration.

Fracking has been in common usage for 50 years... So has horizontal drilling.

You're not taking this conversation seriously, are you?

What is "stoning" now that this fate is the future for many Afghan women?​

Afghani law is nobody's business but the Afghanis. We have laws .... and lack of laws .... in the West that disgust the Afghans but they aren't making a big international protest about it.
So just :anj_stfu:.

I never said Obama doubled oil production. I said production doubled during his administration. I get tired of this kind of communication.

You're tired of it. I'm tired of you pointing out nothingnesses like "oil production doubled during his administration." which seems to do nothing for any argument you're making, doesn't seem to be to do with anything I'm saying. So I'm wondering why you're saying it.

So, conversation over. Bye.

Might be a deal of misrepresentation here .

Feel sure these nice Taliban chappies enjoy stoning which is Pashtu and means sitting down , having a good smoke and chatting about matters .

Stop thinking nasty things all the time . Next you will be telling me that they go out and rape and burn little children and Queers . But they are much nicer than Israeli Nazis .

Forum List

Back