What Is "Jews For Jesus"?

So a person who has direct lineage from Judah of Israel is not a Jew if he believes in the teachings of Christ?

You’re a Christian if you believe in the teaching of Christ…
I thought you have to be baptized.
Jesus was baptized, but was still Jewish when he died.

Those that follow Jesus teaching are not Jewish nor should be consider Jewish and Jews for Jesus are just another sect of Christians using another name…

BAPTISM - Jewish Encyclopedia

Baptism was practised in ancient (Ḥasidic or Essene) Judaism, first as a means of penitence, as is learned from the story of Adam and Eve, who, in order to atone for their sin, stood up to the neck in the water, fasting and doing penance—Adam in the Jordan for forty days, Eve in the Tigris for thirty-seven days (Vita Adæ et Evæ, i. 5-8).

So a person who has direct lineage from Judah of Israel is not a Jew if he believes in the teachings of Christ?

Those that follow Jesus teaching are not Jewish nor should be consider Jewish and Jews for Jesus are just another sect of Christians using another name…

Baptism was practised in ancient (Ḥasidic or Essene) Judaism, first as a means of penitence, as is learned from the story of Adam and Eve, who, in order to atone for their sin, stood up to the neck in the water, fasting and doing penance—Adam in the Jordan for forty days, Eve in the Tigris for thirty-seven days (Vita Adæ et Evæ, i. 5-8).

What is it with the damn Forty days?

> Jews for Jesus

"The Israeli Supreme Court also made clear its feelings on Jews for Jesus as it applies to eligibility for aliyah. While all Jews are eligible to receive Israeli citizenship, the Supreme Court determined that Jews for Jesus are not actually Jews, as belief in Jesus as the Messiah is not a Jewish value. Rather, they said, Jews for Jesus "marks the clear separation between Judaism and Christianity" (1993)."
This ruling is correct. Judaism teaches that the Messiah will be a man who establishes a kingdom or nation here on earth following the laws of Judaism. In addition, Judaism teaches that the worship of any man as God is worshiping and idol, not God. There are differences between Judaism and Christianity. The Christian establishment of "Jews for Jesus" are blinded to this reality and work to blind their followers as well. As the saying goes, "Neither fish nor fowl nor good red meat."

I think its symbolic of a testing period.

Significance of the number 40 (forty) in the Bible ...
Goliath taunted Israel for 40 days and nights (1 Sam 17:16), until David defeated him. Ezekiel laid on his right side for 40 days to “bear the iniquity” of Judah’s sins (Ezek 4:6). God proclaimed judgment against Egypt, saying it would be desolate for 40 years (Ezek 29:10-12). God gave Nineveh 40 days to repent or be overthrown (Jonah 3:4).

I think its symbolic of a testing period.

Significance of the number 40 (forty) in the Bible ...
Goliath taunted Israel for 40 days and nights (1 Sam 17:16), until David defeated him. Ezekiel laid on his right side for 40 days to “bear the iniquity” of Judah’s sins (Ezek 4:6). God proclaimed judgment against Egypt, saying it would be desolate for 40 years (Ezek 29:10-12). God gave Nineveh 40 days to repent or be overthrown (Jonah 3:4).
If im not mistaken, I believe ancient Jewish belief was that the first 40 days of pregnancy, it is nothing but water.
In Islam, Musa spent 40 days on sinai and muhammad sent 40 followers to spread islam.
40 days seems very common in abrahamic religions.

Jesus is not fictional;

well-see-you-say-that-.jpg

Judaism teaches that the Messiah will be a man who establishes a kingdom or nation here on earth following the laws of Judaism.
This is the heart of Christianity's repudiation of Judaism, I think (at least the ancient, Mosaic-era Judaism). Seeking salvation in temple and territory, as the Jews taught, is what made them hypocrites and whitewashed tombs and their temple a synagogue of Satan, according to Jesus (and Paul).

The kingdom Jesus preached is not of the world. It is not territory. It is not temple. It is not temporal in any way.

I don't know who Jews for Jesus are, exactly, but I'd say they're either Jews or Christians depending on this fundamental difference.

This is the heart of Christianity's repudiation of Judaism, I think (at least the ancient, Mosaic-era Judaism). Seeking salvation in temple and territory, as the Jews taught, is what made them hypocrites and whitewashed tombs and their temple a synagogue of Satan, according to Jesus (and Paul).
Christianity, or at least Catholics, don't repudiate Judaism. Sunday Mass includes two readings from the Old Testament, two from the New. Jesus said he was not the Messiah foretold in the Old Testament. Yes, he was anointed by God for an entirely different mission which did not include being a ruler of an earthly nation/kingdom. Not once did Jesus say the messianic prophecy as the Jews understood it was wrong--he simply said he was not that messiah.

Jesus taught at the Temple; he revered the Temple to the extent he could not tolerate it being misused. He called it his Father's House.

Christianity, or at least Catholics, don't repudiate Judaism.
Jesus did. He called the Jews hypocrites and whitewashed tombs and their temple a synagogue of Satan.
Sunday Mass includes two readings from the Old Testament, two from the New.
Familiarization with the Old Testament should come in handy for Christians.
Jesus taught at the Temple; he revered the Temple to the extent he could not tolerate it being misused. He called it his Father's House.
The Jews defiled the temple.

By Jews, of course, I mean the Pharisees and their scribes, the chief priests, and all the elders and others on whom God set His wrath.

Jesus did. He called the Jews hypocrites and whitewashed tombs and their temple a synagogue of Satan.
The hypocrites were the Jews who preached one thing and did another. Remember, he was talking to Jews when he said, "You are the salt of the earth...."

During Jesus' time, the high priests were Annas or his family, and not even the Jews have much good to say of their leadership. There were some Pharisees that Jesus noted were on the wrong track--others he visited and for who he performed miracles. Temple leaders such as Annas and Caiaphas were more interested in Roman money and power than they were in poor Jewish peasants. Jesus was not too happy about that. The average Jew he loved and got along with quite well.

They preached a kingdom following the laws of Judaism, as you say. They preached heresy.

The Christian kingdom is different.
"...Not one iota of the Law will pass away..." The problem was they preached one thing and did another. Jesus' concern was about behavior that lacked love and caring.

They preached a kingdom following the laws of Judaism, as you say. They preached heresy.

The Christian kingdom is different.
"...Not one iota of the Law will pass away..." The problem was they preached one thing and did another. Jesus' concern was about behavior that lacked love and caring.
The law passed away. The temple fell.

All you have is your Saturday mass sentiments.

The teachings of Jesus are based on traditional Jewish values, since Jesus was Jewish himself. That if very different from believing Jesus was a g-d, which is antithetical to Jewish law.

Jesus was real but the Roman version is a made up story…

No Roman Emperor could ever bow his head to a mortal that was not divine, so that is how Jesus became divine…

What? What Roman emperor are you talking about? Titus, Vespasian, Dominitian ??????????????

Forum List

Back