according to Physics, there are two concepts "body weight" and "gravity"
:)

you have 1 kilogram of fluff and 1 kilogram of iron
which is heavier?
------
do not rush to answer.

I don't think there is a difference. "Troy" measurements aren't used for iron as iron isn't considered a precious metal.

But if the question was whether a key of gold or cotton weight more, the answer would be gold.

A Troy Kilogram is about 10% more than a regular Kilogram.

Upthrust will be more for the cotton as it will have a larger surface area per unit of apparent weight due to the lower density. So every 1 kg apparent weight is somewhere near 1.1 kg actual weight of cotton. And 1kg Iron actually weighs near 1.09 Kg. Therefore, Cotton is heavier!

Archimedes' principle states that the buoyant force or upthrust is equal to the weight of fluid displaced. An object with equal mass but a lower density occupies more volume so displaces more water; it therefore experiences a greater upthrust.

• Banned
here's the answer
as I said, there is a difference between the concepts of "body weight" and "gravity"

1. Gravity is a force that acts on the body. It is equal to = m * g
Therefore, the gravity of the fluff is equal to the iron

2. Weight is the force with which the body presses on the scales.
in a vacuum, the weight of fluff and iron are equal ...
but in the air, under normal conditions, 1 kg of fluff, cotton has a greater volume than iron. Therefore, there is the force of Archimedes, which raises the fluff ...

therefore 1kg of fluff or cotton weighs less than 1kg of iron
:cool:

Last edited:
You could use wool but they say it makes a cooter itchy
when I caulk wooden houses, I use jute tow. it does not rot, it does not itch and the house is warm

11062011009.jpg

Gold is nearly twice the weight of lead.
No it is not. You are confusing mass and weight. Gold has more mass than lead. The weight may be the same depends on how much of each material there is. You can have a brick of gold and a brick of lead that both weigh the same. The brick of lead that is of equal weight will take up more volume but both will weigh the same.

I don't think there is a difference. "Troy" measurements aren't used for iron as iron isn't considered a precious metal.

But if the question was whether a key of gold or cotton weight more, the answer would be gold.

A Troy Kilogram is about 10% more than a regular Kilogram.
I guess Troy was a fatass and wouldn't admit it ?

No it is not. You are confusing mass and weight. Gold has more mass than lead. The weight may be the same depends on how much of each material there is. You can have a brick of gold and a brick of lead that both weigh the same. The brick of lead that is of equal weight will take up more volume but both will weigh the same.
I wasn't confused and I didn't specify anything. other than my point is mass density of gold is 19.3 g/cc, lead is 11.4

I wasn't confused and I didn't specify anything. other than my point is mass density of gold is 19.3 g/cc, lead
I wasn't confused and I didn't specify anything. other than my point is mass density of gold is 19.3 g/cc, lead is 11.4
This is your statement and it is erroneous period"Gold is nearly twice the weight of lead. ". Your new statement using the term mass instead of weight is correct. Just as I explained in my statement. Hilarious

you have 1 kilogram of fluff and 1 kilogram of iron
which is heavier?
------
do not rush to answer.
Art vee in space or ont zee ground?
Int a wacuum chainbar?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back