Zone1 What Is God Made Out Of?

Hebrew scholars generally agree that there are two stories based on two conflicting schools of thought. Apparently it's pretty obvious in Hebrew but I don't know Hebrew.
I have seen it hypothesized that one account is based on the creation of the soul of humans; the other on the creation of the physical aspect of humans

My book is the whole book. None of it is mumbo jumbo. The Jews did not recognize their messiah and as a finger poke in the jewish eye, God offered salvation to the gentiles, Our gain, and it WAS the plan all along.

I have a reason to believe that He's a gas and this official definition backs it up.

Gas: a substance or matter in a state in which it will expand freely to fill the whole of a container, having no fixed shape (unlike a solid) and no fixed volume (unlike a liquid)

God has no fixed shape (unless you're counting Jesus as His human form) and fills up the whole entire atmosphere so it makes sense.

Genesis 1:27

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

My book is the whole book. None of it is mumbo jumbo. The Jews did not recognize their messiah and as a finger poke in the jewish eye, God offered salvation to the gentiles, Our gain, and it WAS the plan all along.
I'm not here to mock your faith. Quit taking it that way. I understand that you must believe a certain thing to be true to your faith but studying the the bible in the historic and literary context in which it was written can be enlightening in itself.

I'm not here to mock your faith. Quit taking it that way. I understand that you must believe a certain thing to be true to your faith but studying the the bible in the historic and literary context in which it was written can be enlightening in itself.
what makes you think i don't study it.

what makes you think i don't study it.
You can't analytically study the bible as a historical text or a literary work when you have a religious requirement to see it as the infallible word of God. Biblical scholars have a different view of the bible but their opinions and findings rarely matter to the people who use the bible as the foundation of faith.

You can't analytically study the bible as a historical text or a literary work when you have a religious requirement to see it as the infallible word of God. Biblical scholars have a different view of the bible but their opinions and findings rarely matter to the people who use the bible as the foundation of faith.
whatever.

God the Father is an exalted man. He, like Jesus, has a body of flesh and bones the same as Jesus' resurrected body.

Luke 24:36-43
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?
42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.
43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Here we learn that Jesus has a resurrected body of flesh and bones. Why would Jesus need a resurrected body if the Father did not? If the Father is perfect, why would it be necessary that Jesus and all of us be resurrected? The truth is that the Father does have a body of flesh and bones as well. We learn from the disciple Stephen when he was martyred:

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

How could Stephen see Jesus standing on the right hand of God if God did not have a hand and right hand side?

To the Hebrews, the following was revealed:

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Here we learn that the glorified Jesus has the brightness of the glory of the Father. We also learn that the resurrected Jesus has the express image of the person of the Father. Again we hear that Jesus sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. If Jesus is the express image of his Father, would not that mean that the Father also has an immortal body of flesh and bones? The prophet Joseph Smith received the following revelation concerning God:

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22-23
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

God the Father having a body makes sense when we learn that we all were created in the image and likeness of God.

Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

So the question then is, if God has a body on flesh and bones how is it that he is omnipresent, or in other words, how is it that he is everywhere present?

God not only has a body of flesh and bones but he is a being of glory. He is a being that has light which emits from his being. This light penetrates all space and in this way he is in all and through all things the light of truth.

Doctrine and Covenant 88:6-13
6 He that ascended up on high, as also he descended below all things, in that he comprehended all things, that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth;
7 Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made.
8 As also he is in the moon, and is the light of the moon, and the power thereof by which it was made;
9 As also the light of the stars, and the power thereof by which they were made;
10 And the earth also, and the power thereof, even the earth upon which you stand.
11 And the light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through him who enlighteneth your eyes, which is the same light that quickeneth your understandings;
12 Which light proceedeth forth from the presence of God to fill the immensity of space—
13 The light which is in all things, which giveth life to all things, which is the law by which all things are governed, even the power of God who sitteth upon his throne, who is in the bosom of eternity, who is in the midst of all things.

The glory or light that come from God the Father is part of his being. This light that comes from him goes out and fills the immensity of space. It is in all and through all things the light of truth. It is the very power of God. Jesus had to receive this light by receiving grace for grace until he received a fulness of truth and glory.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:1-28
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;
3 And that I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—
4 The Father because he gave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.
5 I was in the world and received of my Father, and the works of him were plainly manifest.
6 And John saw and bore record of the fulness of my glory, and the fulness of John’s record is hereafter to be revealed.
7 And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the beginning, before the world was;
8 Therefore, in the beginning the Word was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation—
9 The light and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.
10 The worlds were made by him; men were made by him; all things were made by him, and through him, and of him.
11 And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14 And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.
15 And I, John, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my beloved Son.
16 And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father;
17 And he received all power, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him.
18 And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the fulness of the record of John.
19 I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.
20 For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.
21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn;
22 And all those who are begotten through me are partakers of the glory of the same, and are the church of the Firstborn.
23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:66-68
66 Behold, that which you hear is as the voice of one crying in the wilderness—in the wilderness, because you cannot see him—my voice, because my voice is Spirit; my Spirit is truth; truth abideth and hath no end; and if it be in you it shall abound.
67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.
68 Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will.

The Father and Son are now one in glory and in this way they are in each other. They hold the same light and truth and can shine even above the brightness of the sun. They both have bodies of flesh and bones but are beings of glory which glory proceedeth from the presence of God and fills the immensity of space. In this way Gods such as our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are in all and through all things the light of truth.

Point is God can’t be constrained by our imperfect understanding of what God is right? If God encompasses the universe, God is both male and female, life and death, Yin and Yang. Everything. We can only understand or comprehend bits and pieces because we are incapable of understanding the whole. Assigning gender just makes God more relatable :dunno:

This is contradictory.

This is....no

I have a reason to believe that He's a gas and this official definition backs it up.

Gas: a substance or matter in a state in which it will expand freely to fill the whole of a container, having no fixed shape (unlike a solid) and no fixed volume (unlike a liquid)

God has no fixed shape (unless you're counting Jesus as His human form) and fills up the whole entire atmosphere so it makes sense.

Suger and spice, and everything nice......

There are some people where I live that actually talk to God. They call it prayer. Sometimes God even tells people what they should do, where their car keys are, or something like that. Maybe we could get one of them to ask God what He is made of. It may not work but it’s worth a shot.

There are some people where I live that actually talk to God. They call it prayer. Sometimes God even tells people what they should do, where their car keys are, or something like that. Maybe we could get one of them to ask God what He is made of. It may not work but it’s worth a shot.

Ummm,... No comment lol

I think he's balsa wood, like all human creations that fly.

Forum List

Back