Zone1 What Is God Made Out Of?

Because He's referred to in the Bible as Father not Mother.
Anthropomorphism. The more enlightened religious thinkers have mostly come to the conclusion that God must be either sexless or have both aspects.

Why would you think God could possibly be defined or limited by human gender?
I didn't do it. Jesus did it and seeing as he has been with him since the beginning...for through him everything that was made was made by him, through him and for him, i expect he knows.

Now if it makes you feel better. Sometimes God describes himself as a mother hen or bird that shelters His people under his/her wing.

A book written, rewritten, translated, edited and amended meant times by a staunchly patriarchal culture.

and mistakes made where the scribe corrected it and then saved the edited pages. It is the most Correct book ever written and can be depended upon.

I didn't do it. Jesus did it and seeing as he has been with him since the beginning...for through him everything that was made was made by him, through him and for him, i expect he knows.

Now if it makes you feel better. Sometimes God describes himself as a mother hen or bird that shelters His people under his/her wing.
Or Jesus used “father” as a metaphor rather than literal meaning.

Why would you think God could possibly be defined or limited by human gender?

I don't know ask Him.
A book written, rewritten, translated, edited and amended meant times by a staunchly patriarchal culture.

So, what's your point?

Yes, but that's not the point and we're getting off topic guys.

I doubt that. Much was written long after his death.
well his words are written down by his disciples while he was alive and then more was written within 60 years of his resurrection by those that knew him as disciples and then there is Luke who wrote down the words of those who were present with him and witnessed his crucifixion and then were with him after his resurrection.

By definition God is everything…so God can’t be limited or constrained by gender.
Since the ability to create life was given entirely to females it has been reasoned that God must have both aspects. A female side that brings forth life and comfort and a male side that lays down the law and spanks the unbelievers.

God said He would keep His Word for and with us, and He has done so!“The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.” Isa. 40:8
It will not be preserved verbally, but in written form.

“But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.” I Pet. 1:25 Also: Psalms 102:12, Luke 16:17

God chose to preserve His Word in written form.
“For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.” Mat. 5:18 the jot and tittle are referring to diacritical marks of the languages used. This implies that the preserved word is in written form and that even the smallest detail will be preserved!

diacritical marks are the little accents or apostrophes or whatever else humans can come up with to change the meaning or sound etc of a word

Last edited:
Since the ability to create life was given entirely to females it has been reasoned that God must have both aspects. A female side that brings forth life and comfort and a male side that lays down the law and spanks the unbelievers.

He created Adam from dirt. He didn't give birth as a woman gives birth. Nor did he birth Eve but she was made from Adam's rib. Equal to Adam. Not from his head, not from his foot. From his side.

I don't know ask Him.

So, what's your point?

Yes, but that's not the point and we're getting off topic guys.
Point is God can’t be constrained by our imperfect understanding of what God is right? If God encompasses the universe, God is both male and female, life and death, Yin and Yang. Everything. We can only understand or comprehend bits and pieces because we are incapable of understanding the whole. Assigning gender just makes God more relatable :dunno:

Forum List

Back