Zone1 What Is God Made Out Of?

Since the ability to create life was given entirely to females it has been reasoned that God must have both aspects. A female side that brings forth life and comfort and a male side that lays down the law and spanks the unbelievers.

I guess so.

He created Adam from dirt. He didn't give birth as a woman gives birth. Nor did he birth Eve but she was made from Adam's rib. Equal to Adam. Not from his head, not from his foot. From his side.
The older tale of creation in Genesis was never even taken literally by the people who wrote it down. The newer version that the writers put first is all spirit and birth.

The older tale of creation in Genesis was never even taken literally by the people who wrote it down. The newer version that the writers put first is all spirit and birth.
Moses wrote it down and was divinely inspired by God to do so. The Newer Version? Excuse me?? What is the newer version. LOL

The second account focuses on the 6th day.
Hebrew scholars generally agree that there are two stories based on two conflicting schools of thought. Apparently it's pretty obvious in Hebrew but I don't know Hebrew.

Haven't you ever noticed that there are two accounts of the creation in Genesis?
no...it's not two. It's the jewish tradition for lack of a better word of going back and picking up another part of the story ....Film does it all the time. I forget the term for when it goes back and picks up the story at another point in time. Regression? It will come to me. But go ahead. Point it out and then let's talk about it.

When you look at the 'two accounts, what is happening is God describes the sequence of creation in Gen 1, then talks specifics especially concerning day six Gen 2. There's not contradiction just a literary technique to describe something happening starting at the general and then to the specific.

Last edited:
Hebrew scholars generally agree that there are two stories based on two conflicting schools of thought. Apparently it's pretty obvious in Hebrew but I don't know Hebrew.
It's not conflicting. The second chapter focuses on the creation of man.

no...it's not two. It's the jewish tradition for lack of a better word of going back and picking up another part of the story ....Film does it all the time. I forget the term for when it goes back and picks up the story at another point in time. Regression? It will come to me. But go ahead. Point it out and then let's talk about it.
It's not really a big deal, the two are mostly complimentary. Genesis 1 is a mystical account that uses the language of spiritualism to establish the grandeur and omnipotence of God to serve the priestly class. Genesis two starts all over again except it is written as a moral narrative to serve the secular lawgivers.

It's not really a big deal, the two are mostly complimentary. Genesis 1 is a mystical account that uses the language of spiritualism to establish the grandeur and omnipotence of God to serve the priestly class. Genesis two starts all over again except it is written as a moral narrative to serve the secular lawgivers.
i beg to differ. and it is a big deal. If one can begin to deny the inerrancy of Genesis then eventually one can get around to denying the deity of Christ and what he did for us. Jesus himself referred to the accounts of genesis and he did not treat these people in the pentateuch as mythical figures but as actual people that he knew.

i beg to differ
The Torah was written back during the captivity in Babylon. The story goes that the Hebrews were offered a greater degree of local autonomy if they would write a law book everyone could agree on. This means it was written by committee. No one ever asks Hebrew scholars about any question of old testament scripture because no Christian wants to hear it.

The Torah was written back during the captivity in Babylon. The story goes that the Hebrews were offered a greater degree of local autonomy if they would write a law book everyone could agree on. This means it was written by committee. No one ever asks Hebrew scholars about any question of old testament scripture because no Christian wants to hear it.
The Torah is our Pentateuch....Written by Moses inspired by God, written about 1450BC. The captivity was about 595BC through 605 @ 3 stages. You would be referring to Daniel perhaps and he didn't do that.

Plenty of Christians want to hear about Genesis Plus because if you don't know the OT, you won't understand the reference to it in the NT.

The Torah is our Pentateuch....Written by Moses inspired by God, written about 1450BC. The captivity was about 595BC through 605 @ 3 stages. You would be referring to Daniel perhaps and he didn't do that.

Plenty of Christians want to hear about Genesis Plus because if you don't know the OT, you won't understand the reference to it in the NT.
The Jews beg to differ. It is their book after all. Your books are in the back half. Pay more attention to them, especially the parts in red print. The rest is just mumbo-jumbo and moral escape hatches that clog a book that should really only be a few pages long..

Forum List

Back