What is "Ethical."

serveitup

Rookie
Apr 2, 2021
In the "private" realm, ethics hardly matters. And this forum, like all others, is a "private" entity. So when it comes to ethics, all you are likely to get is a nice "Fuck You" pie served up to you.

In the "private" realm, ethics hardly matters. And this forum, like all others, is a "private" entity. So when it comes to ethics, all you are likely to get is a nice "Fuck You" pie served up to you.

Laws apply to everyone.
Ethics only apply to people that subscribe to a specific ethical code. “Christian Ethics” “Muslim Ethics” “CPA code of ethics” Hypocratic Oath” and things like that.
Morals is a personal set of behaviors that exceeds the morality of the law or a subscribed code of ethics.

It always annoys me when people accuse a person as being unethical. I’m like, “Who gives a rats ass. They may not be a member of the group that holds the ethics you are encouraging.”

Ethics is a clearly defined list of expected behaviors for a certain group. in order to be part of that group you agree to follow that code of ethics in order to stay part of the group. You can call someone a criminal for breaking the law but accusing someone of being unethical would require you and the accused to be from that same group that holds the code of ethics that you are advocating.

Laws apply to everyone.
Ethics only apply to people that subscribe to a specific ethical code. “Christian Ethics” “Muslim Ethics” “CPA code of ethics” Hypocratic Oath” and things like that.
Morals is a personal set of behaviors that exceeds the morality of the law or a subscribed code of ethics.

It always annoys me when people accuse a person as being unethical. I’m like, “Who gives a rats ass. They may not be a member of the group that holds the ethics you are encouraging.”

Ethics is a clearly defined list of expected behaviors for a certain group. in order to be part of that group you agree to follow that code of ethics in order to stay part of the group. You can call someone a criminal for breaking the law but accusing someone of being unethical would require you and the accused to be from that same group that holds the code of ethics that you are advocating.

Agreed. But I don't call it "ethics", I call it morals. I have a certain set of values that I call ethics, and I live by them. But, those values and ethics are what I have selected for myself. I personally believe that morals are the values that a select group of people (call them religious or whatever) impose on society to make them conform to that belief system. Me? I have values and ethics that I have learned over my 50 plus years that have value to me. I don't have any morals.

Forum List

Back