What is causing the Empty Shelves

One other thing. The only TP Walmart got in (their entire TP shelf was empty) was ONE pallet of 4 pack. And they were selling it right off the pallet. I would imagine it would be gone in a little over an hour.
You have to look at this in the context, that we are the Kreel the fish eaters are after. Except, we aren't Kreel. We actually have an advanced brain beyond the survival instincts of the Kreel. Therefore, we do have the ability to use our brain through logical deductive reasoning. There's only one problem with that. We aren't using our brain right now. Which is another way to understand the hoarding that is going on. We are not calculating our own needs, as opposed to the needs of others. That's a big mistake, if this virus is here for the long haul. Looting could come next, and not necessarily just in stores. And we don't want to get to that point. We have to use our heads people. Think and calculate for the good of all of us. Buy what you need, not what you can hoard. And we have to do this starting now.

I did some research and come up with some reasons for the empty shelves.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="Walmart Empty Shelves" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen seamless></iframe><p><a href="Walmart Empty Shelves" target="_blank">Walmart Empty Shelves</a></p>
yes, people who can't share.

Greedy Republicans.

The Me Me Me GOP.

Same goes for you. Stop the Hate long enough to figure out what is really going on.

It was started by the Hoarders. They stripped the shelves of many of the life essential things like cleaning supplies, paper goods, meats that could be frozen, canned goods and more. And each day for 2 weeks, they have changed to more goods to hoard so even more things go into shortage. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. Due to the empty shelves, the hoarders have been definately slowed down.

While the Hoarders started this problem, I found out that it's perpetuated by the lack of supplies. If we look at the Warehouses, the Warehouses have spread out their supplies evenly to all their stores. And they aren't receiving enough from their suppliers. The supply is well below the normal demand without even considering the Hoarder problem. I visited a Walmart at 6:20 today and filmed their shelves. They did receive a few trucks the night before and had most of it out already.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="Walmart Empty Shelves" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen seamless></iframe><p><a href="Walmart Empty Shelves" target="_blank">Walmart Empty Shelves</a></p>
yes, people who can't share.

Greedy Republicans.

The Me Me Me GOP.

Same goes for you. Stop the Hate long enough to figure out what is really going on.
naw a leftist fk is always a leftist fk. they have no way to turn back into an american.

One other thing. The only TP Walmart got in (their entire TP shelf was empty) was ONE pallet of 4 pack. And they were selling it right off the pallet. I would imagine it would be gone in a little over an hour.
You have to look at this in the context, that we are the Kreel the fish eaters are after. Except, we aren't Kreel. We actually have an advanced brain beyond the survival instincts of the Kreel. Therefore, we do have the ability to use our brain through logical deductive reasoning. There's only one problem with that. We aren't using our brain right now. Which is another way to understand the hoarding that is going on. We are not calculating our own needs, as opposed to the needs of others. That's a big mistake, if this virus is here for the long haul. Looting could come next, and not necessarily just in stores. And we don't want to get to that point. We have to use our heads people. Think and calculate for the good of all of us. Buy what you need, not what you can hoard. And we have to do this starting now.

You can't loot what's not there. And I have a feeling that your hoarder neighbor won't let you in on knowledge of his stash. So you are too busy looking for the easiest scapegoat. Is it Rump, the Democraps, the Browns, the Blacks, the Jews? Do we riot the stores and steal the TVs because we can't buy TP? You are right. It just might happen. Or do we find out what is really happening. The Hoarders can no longer hoard what isn't there to hoard.

The media is driving the panic, and the democrats are going everything they can to blame Trump and hurt us all.

It's way past blaming Rump, The Party of the Rump, Democraps or ....... It's gotten to the point where there are many Seniors and disabled people that can't get the basic food to survive. And I don't see an end in sight. This is much worse than the Virus itself and all you want to do is spread your hate.

The ONLY reason I bought those two 1 pound packages of hamburger was I was there right after their doors were opened. By 9 am, the Hamburger will be completely gone. Yesterday, Walmart didn't even ship in ANY hamburger. And Hamburger is one of the staples of a Senior or Disabled diet. They can't afford the more costly cuts of meat.

Today I looked at Walmart. Tomorrow, I will look at Safeway. They get a shipment 2 times a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights. And I am trying to get scheduled to speak with a Safeway Manager.
this, and this was created by the government. they over reacted, they did that to hurt Trump. PERIOD!!!!! These fks looked at the american population and decided they were acceptable casualties.

What did people really expect

people still mob the stores for bread milk and eggs every time 3 inches of snow is forecast

Around here, we've never seen anything like this. People are normally level headed. Like I said, in the first few days, it was the Hoarders but then the suppliers started sending less and less each day until it's now a trickle.
And that's the part I don't get. it's been two weeks at least now, and what, none of our manufacturers know how to increase volumes?
I suspect these plants, with what I have read, even before the virus, work seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Which tells me they didn't have the infrastructure in place to start mass producing more of it. Just the amount that the plant itself could produce in that time frame. They probably increase infrastructure and production as the need arises, but never put in place extra infrastructure for world pandemics. That's just my reasoning on it. I really don't know.

It's way past blaming Rump, The Party of the Rump, Democraps or ....... It's gotten to the point where there are many Seniors and disabled people that can't get the basic food to survive. And I don't see an end in sight. This is much worse than the Virus itself and all you want to do is spread your hate.

The ONLY reason I bought those two 1 pound packages of hamburger was I was there right after their doors were opened. By 9 am, the Hamburger will be completely gone. Yesterday, Walmart didn't even ship in ANY hamburger. And Hamburger is one of the staples of a Senior or Disabled diet. They can't afford the more costly cuts of meat.

Today I looked at Walmart. Tomorrow, I will look at Safeway. They get a shipment 2 times a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights. And I am trying to get scheduled to speak with a Safeway Manager.
this, and this was created by the government. they over reacted, they did that to hurt Trump. PERIOD!!!!! These fks looked at the american population and decided they were acceptable casualties.

people still mob the stores for bread milk and eggs every time 3 inches of snow is forecast

Around here, we've never seen anything like this. People are normally level headed. Like I said, in the first few days, it was the Hoarders but then the suppliers started sending less and less each day until it's now a trickle.
And that's the part I don't get. it's been two weeks at least now, and what, none of our manufacturers know how to increase volumes?
I suspect these plants, with what I have read, even before the virus, work seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Which tells me they didn't have the infrastructure in place to start mass producing more of it. Just the amount that the plant itself could produce in that time frame. They probably increase infrastructure and production as the need arises, but never put in place extra infrastructure for world pandemics. That's just my reasoning on it. I really don't know.
yep, I agree. It would be nice to know it for a fact. It would tell us that we were acting at maximum, and under manufacturing our supplies. that's on them. To not be prepared for emergencies is sad.

The media is driving the panic, and the democrats are going everything they can to blame Trump and hurt us all.

I read a "news" story on CNN about a TP manufacturer who said the reason for the shortages after people bought it all up is that before this crisis they were running at near 100 percent and they couldn't produce much more. Still, why are we out of stuff?

You can't loot what's not there. And I have a feeling that your hoarder neighbor won't let you in on knowledge of his stash. So you are too busy looking for the easiest scapegoat. Is it Rump, the Democraps, the Browns, the Blacks, the Jews? Do we riot the stores and steal the TVs because we can't buy TP? You are right. It just might happen. Or do we find out what is really happening. The Hoarders can no longer hoard what isn't there to hoard.
That's a good point. But, I wasn't just talking about toilet paper in stores so much. What happens if the stores are not providing enough food goods, and the neighbor has a garage full? That is the point of my post. The TP we can survive without. If you have a shower in your home with running water, you do what you have to do for that. But food? That's a different story. That's why I am talking about using our heads about this. Let's don't all of a sudden start emptying out grocery stores to put it all in our garage. Take what we need and a little extra. We are all in this together. I have no idea why you bring up Trump, Democrats, Browns, Blacks, and Jews? I could give two shits about that right now.

That's a good point. But, I wasn't just talking about toilet paper in stores so much. What happens if the stores are not providing enough food goods, and the neighbor has a garage full? That is the point of my post. The TP we can survive without. If you have a shower in your home with running water, you do what you have to do for that. But food? That's a different story. That's why I am talking about using our heads about this. Let's don't all of a sudden start emptying out grocery stores to put it all in our garage. Take what we need and a little extra. We are all in this together. I have no idea why you bring up Trump, Democrats, Browns, Blacks, and Jews? I could give two shits about that right now.
again, that should be our stores controlling flow of purchases by individuals. Put signs up, no more than one item per item for each individual. Why is that so difficult I ask?

Yep, I agree, again, given the situation at hand, the store is the one that has to act as the adult and stop hoarding. period. I saw a lady Monday buying over ten gallons of milk and ten gallons of water. The gal at the register didn't call a manager to come and stop this purchase.

10 gallons, she must drink a lot of milk. :eek:

again, that should be our stores controlling flow of purchases by individuals. Put signs up, no more than one item per item for each individual. Why is that so difficult I ask?
Couldn't agree more.

Walmart Empty Shelves

this just goes to show the best defense is to stock up during times of abundance and that way you dont become needy during times of scarcity like this one,,,
that's what made stores like Sam's and Costco so attractive.
I called Sam's tuesday, and they would not tell me if they had TP or anything else in stock. Screw them. They wanted me to drive nearly 200 miles to find out.
How would you feel about them had they told you they were stocked but ran out in the time it took you to drive 200 miles?

Walmart Empty Shelves

this just goes to show the best defense is to stock up during times of abundance and that way you dont become needy during times of scarcity like this one,,,
I called Sam's tuesday, and they would not tell me if they had TP or anything else in stock. Screw them. They wanted me to drive nearly 200 miles to find out.
How would you feel about them had they told you they were stocked but ran out in the time it took you to drive 200 miles?
I would most likely take the store hostage.

Because the others do. I am just pointing out that it's not time to find a scapegoat. I agree that we need to stop the insanity. All of it. Otherwise, we are going to start losing more Seniors and Disabled to malnutrition.

Because the others do. I am just pointing out that it's not time to find a scapegoat. I agree that we need to stop the insanity. All of it. Otherwise, we are going to start losing more Seniors and Disabled to malnutrition.

its to late to do anything on this crisis,,,if you want to help for the next one you should promote stocking up in times of abundance so this doesnt happen again,,,

Walmart Empty Shelves

I would most likely take the store hostage.

Gimme your TP or the Store Get's it.........

There are number of things that are at play.
People panicked into buying by the media playing 24/7 we are all going to die, no more being made.
People see others buying so they follow wether they planed to or not.
Stores and warehouses buy on what is anticipated. That way they do not have stock sitting around, and in some cases going bad.
With people told to practice social distancing some are not going to work and some don't want to be next to someone that might possibly have something so it is shutting down or slowing down things being on the shelves.
Add in we have a great reliance on China and other countries for things that means shipping by water.

Paper Goods are not shipped from China. The size versus the weight means they can't be shipped on the water. They are shipped by truck and train and made in North America. They would just take up too much space for their weight to make it profitable to ship from Asia or even Europe.
I did not mention paper goods but you are right there are certain things that are not shipped by water.

Forum List

Back