Zone1 What is an angel? what is the difference?

By whom? Who rewarded Him? Who is that that is above God?

Answer: No one in our universe. But, that still doesn't answer the problems I laid out for you. God gave us a brain and with partaking of the fruit of the tree of knowledge, we need to use our God-given brains for more than rote memorization and following traditional dogma that doesn't include what is now known through using our brains. In vitro fertilization is just one of those things that answers how Mary was impregnated with Father in Heaven's sperm to have Jesus have a Y chromosome. Stop acting like you don't have cognitive reasoning abilities and think.

When God created hosts and hosts of angels, who did He have sex with to produce all of them? And if God is human, then aren't the angels?
Who did God have sex with when He created Adam? How was Eve constructed without sperm?

Answer: We have always existed. All hosts of heaven including us before we descended into our bodies from heaven. The Bible says no man can ascend to heaven except if we first descended from heaven. Even Jesus Christ had to. Then, he was Jehovah who descended after Mary was with child. Before we were spirit children of our Heavenly Parents, we were intelligent energy. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed because it is "Matter."

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Yep. Was Father in Heaven their Father? Nope. Jesus is the only begotten of the Father.

If God is 3 in one, and you think that 2/3rds of God is human how is it that the Holy Ghost is not human? Is that not, then, as impossible as God being spirit, Holy Ghost being spirit, and Christ being different from the other 2/3? If God has to be human, because Christ is human, why doesn't the Holy Ghost have to be human as well?

Answer: Why would the Holy Ghost have to be human? He's still a spirit child of Heavenly Father. Jehovah wasn't human until he descended into Mary's child and became Jesus. Michael also was a spirit child until he descended into the body of Adam. What you are missing is the true plan of our Father in Heaven. It was patterned after the same plan in the universe he came from with his Father in Heaven. The Plan of Salvation was to give the same opportunity that he had to us, his spirit children. To evolve through the process of coming to this earth that was prepared for us so that we could inherit the same exaltation if we would use our brains and hearts to be faithful when we come across His true Gospel.

But, let me go back to my last post. That's where you have no answers for the logic and cognitive reasoning that I laid out. Study that and then meditate and pray to Father in heaven in the name of Jesus Christ with real intent to know and without a double mind. James chapter one.
What you described has 0 to do with the Bible. None of it is even remotely close.
You have created a completely different scenario from what the Bible tells us. And you are certainly welcome to it, but spirit children and someone, somewhere birthed Adam and Eve because there simply must be sperm involved, and we bounced from Heaven and God died and Jesus is not our savior, there's just no where to go with that. There is no common ground here.
So, good luck with your endeavor to inherit the same exaltation as God. I'm banking on Jesus being exactly who He said He is, and that His Heavenly Father is also mine. And that I am loved by both. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
What you described has 0 to do with the Bible. None of it is even remotely close.
You have created a completely different scenario from what the Bible tells us. And you are certainly welcome to it, but spirit children and someone, somewhere birthed Adam and Eve because there simply must be sperm involved, and we bounced from Heaven and God died and Jesus is not our savior, there's just no where to go with that. There is no common ground here.
So, good luck with your endeavor to inherit the same exaltation as God. I'm banking on Jesus being exactly who He said He is, and that His Heavenly Father is also mine. And that I am loved by both. :eusa_angel:
Actually it does. It has everything to do with the Bible. The Bible doesn't answer your question directly. That's why Adam and Eve partook of the tree of knowledge. So that you could you your brain to cognitively reason out the logical answers. God isn't going to answer everything for you. Read, study, meditate (think McFly think) and then pray. What I suspect is that you do get what I've stated but your pride gets the best of you. There is plenty of ground if you wouldn't lack humility.

In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe that all mankind on this earth existed prior to being born on this earth. We believe that we were the spirit children of God and existed in heaven as spirits before the foundation of this earth.

Man, Antemortal Existence of

Just as Jesus himself existed before the foundation of this earth, we too existed as the spirit children of the Father and we all planned to come down to a mortal world and receive bodies of flesh and bones and be given a chance to experience good and evil and with our free will be tested to see if we would choose good over evil. Our memory of our premortal existence has been veiled and we are free to choose good or evil without our premortal life influencing our decisions.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Here the Apostle Paul teaches that we are the literal offspring of God. In Genesis we learn that we were made is God's very image and likeness.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Here the Apostle Paul teaches us the God the Father is the very father of our spirits.

While in heaven, our premortal spirits existed in the presents of God and the firstborn of all of God the Father's children, Jesus Christ, was chosen to be a Savior before the foundation of this earth. There was another among the children of God who was a high ranking spirit who was named Lucifer. Instead of giving us free will to choose between good and evil, Lucifer thought it was a better idea that we be forced to obey God in this life and in that way not one soul would be lost. Upon presenting his idea before God the Father, it was rejected because God the Father knew that we would not become good beings in and of ourselves without learning to choose good over evil of our free will and choice. Lucifer thought his plan was better than that of God the Father and rebelled against the Father in heaven and actually got 1/3 of all the hosts of heaven to side with him. He was cast out of heaven along with those who followed after him and his name was changed to Satan an Perdition. Jesus was willing to go along with God the Father's plan and became part of the godhead before the foundation of this world.

Revelation 12:7-11
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Those spirit children in heaven who sided with God our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ our Savior were permitted to come to this earth and receive a body of flesh and bones and experience good and evil. They are the Michael and his angels who fought against Satan and his minions. It is they who are spoken of in verse 11 who need to overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and their testimonies of Jesus and to suffer death in this life. All of us who have come to earth and received bodies were valiant in the war in heaven.

Isaiah 14:12-16
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

Here we learn that Lucifer was not always the devil. He was a son of God and a son of the morning (or a morning star) but he came out in open rebellion against God the Father and lost his status in heaven and became Satan and Perdition and was cast out into the earth.

Moses 4:1-6
1 And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor.
2 But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever.
3 Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
4 And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.
5 And now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which I, the Lord God, had made.
6 And Satan put it into the heart of the serpent, (for he had drawn away many after him,) and he sought also to beguile Eve, for he knew not the mind of God, wherefore he sought to destroy the world.

Satan and his minions were denied the opportunity to receive a body of flesh and bones. They will remain spirits forever. Our premortal spirit are eternal and cannot be destroyed or die. We are children of an immortal Father in Heaven who, with his immortal wife, has given birth to immortal spirit children. Our immortal spirits are a combination of eternal spirit matter and eternal self-existing intelligence. When a spirit takes on matter he receives more joy. Those of us who have the opportunity to receive resurrected bodies of flesh and bone will be able to receive a fullness of joy.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:33-34
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.

God the Father is a being who has an immortal body of flesh and bones. Jesus, like his Father also has an immortal body of flesh and bones. They have received a fullness of joy.

Doctrine and Covenants 130:22-23
22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also; but the Holy Ghost has not a body of flesh and bones, but is a personage of Spirit. Were it not so, the Holy Ghost could not dwell in us.
23 A man may receive the Holy Ghost, and it may descend upon him and not tarry with him.

When Jesus resurrected He became the express image of the person of the Father. Like the Father, He too now had a resurrected body of flesh and bones and received a fullness of joy.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Here we learn that as Jesus takes on the brightness of the glory of the Father, He also has taken upon him the very express image of the person of the Father. Not only does Jesus have a resurrected body of flesh and bones but the Father also has a body of flesh and bones and they are the very express image of each other. We also as the children of God will be able to take upon us immortality through the grace of Jesus Christ and have resurrected bodies of flesh and bones. All mankind, as Doctrine and Covenants 93:33 tells us above, are spirit. We all have a spirit. Yes, God the Father is a spirit also, but He too has a body of flesh and bones just as his immortal Son Jesus Christ. The life of the resurrected body is in the spirit and not in the blood. We are all spiritual beings and taking on and immortal body of flesh and bones can bring us a fulness of joy just as our Father in Heaven and our Lord Jesus Christ have a fulness of joy!

As stated in my above post, we all existed prior to coming to this earth as the spirit children of God. We progress from a spirit to a mortal having a body to an immortal having a resurrected body. Those spirits who are yet to receive a body along with those who are on earth who have a body and those who have resurrected and have an immortal body can act as messengers or angels of God. Only those spirits who belong or who will belong to this earth as mortals can administer to this earth as angels. They can exist as the following beings:

Premortal spirits
Mortal mankind
Translated beings
Post mortal spirits awaiting resurrection
Resurrected beings

Each of the above can minister to us on this earth as angels of God.

Actually it does. It has everything to do with the Bible. The Bible doesn't answer your question directly. That's why Adam and Eve partook of the tree of knowledge. So that you could you your brain to cognitively reason out the logical answers. God isn't going to answer everything for you. Read, study, meditate (think McFly think) and then pray. What I suspect is that you do get what I've stated but your pride gets the best of you. There is plenty of ground if you wouldn't lack humility.
Pride has nothing to do with it. Jesus has everything to do with it.
I'll stick with the Bible and my Savior. You can continue to work on your goal of godly exultation. Let me know if you ever find whatever or whomever awarded God after God died and was resurrected... :uhoh3:

John 5:19-20
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

What things has the Father done that the Son has seen? Did Jesus see the Father lay down his life and take it up again? Did Jesus see the Father resurrect the dead? If the Son can do nothing of himself , but what he seeth the Father do, maybe the Father himself was a Christ.

Pride has nothing to do with it. Jesus has everything to do with it.
I'll stick with the Bible and my Savior. You can continue to work on your goal of godly exultation. Let me know if you ever find whatever or whomever awarded God after God died and was resurrected... :uhoh3:
If yo are going to stick with the Bible then you should read all of it. We are trying to help you see the scriptures that you are missing. And, you can’t cognitively think.

Produce the scripture that says God died but was resurrected by ?? (you don't know). Or that someone somewhere had sex and birthed Adam and Eve, and I'll scratch out the part in Genesis about God doing it. Or that you can work your way to being as exalted as God was by ?? (you don't know.)

Produce the scripture that says God died but was resurrected by ?? (you don't know).
The point of my previous post on Jesus doing nothing but what he has seen the Father do might indicate that God the Father himself may have been a Savior and died and resurrected and thus Jesus could see this and do exactly what he has seen his Father do. If Jesus only does what He sees his Father do, then does this not imply that all that Jesus has done His Father has also done? (referring to John 5:19-20)
Or that someone somewhere had sex and birthed Adam and Eve,
The Apostle Paul taught the following:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Paul believed that we are offspring of God. When I hear the word, "offspring" it means that we are the literal children of the father.

God has us call him our Father in Heaven and he has even gone as far as calling us "gods" because we are his literal children.

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

God is the father of our spirits. He is compared to our earthly Fathers but as the Father of our spirits.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
and I'll scratch out the part in Genesis about God doing it.
It is not doctrine of our church that God created Adam and Eve's physical bodies through the process of procreation. It has been speculated among some in the church but it is not doctrine. The Bible tells us that Adam's physical body were created from the dust of the ground and that Eve's physical body was created from one of Adam's ribs. We believe that the spirits of all mankind are the literal offspring of God and our spirits were brought forth by the process of procreation, but not the physical bodies of Adam and Eve.
Or that you can work your way to being as exalted as God was by ?? (you don't know.)
Latter-day revelation does let us know that we can become just like our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. The Bible also has verses that lead us to believe that we can become like our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. Jesus commanded us to do the following:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus prayed to the Father for us all who believe in Jesus that we might become one with them even as Jesus is one with the Father. He prayed that we might become perfect in one with them.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Can we become perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect without being just like our Father in Heaven? Can we be one with God the Father and Jesus Christ even as they are perfect in one without becoming just like them?

When the Jews sought to stone Jesus because He taught that He was the very Son of God, his reply was:

John 10:32-36
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Here Jesus refers to Psalms 82:6 when He, in the Old Testament, referred to us as gods. He didn't mean judges or anything else in this context. Jesus used the law that the Jews believed to show them that it is not blasphemy to be a Son of God or to be called gods. We are all the children of God as his literal offspring and as such we are gods literal children. You Irish Ram are the literal spirit child of God the Father. We are all his offspring. He is literally the father of our spirits. As His literal offspring He loves each and every one of us so dearly. God wants us to be perfect even as He is perfect.

They're messengers. They do God's light work and menial tasks.

But unlike us, those angels that followed Satan in the war against heaven have no chance of being forgiven.
Nothing God does is mental. They are great beings (God made them superior to Man in his mortal state) and among their many duties, they Shepard the true children of God and prepare us for our future as true sons of God

The point of my previous post on Jesus doing nothing but what he has seen the Father do might indicate that God the Father himself may have been a Savior and died and resurrected and thus Jesus could see this and do exactly what he has seen his Father do. If Jesus only does what He sees his Father do, then does this not imply that all that Jesus has done His Father has also done? (referring to John 5:19-20)

The Apostle Paul taught the following:

Paul believed that we are offspring of God. When I hear the word, "offspring" it means that we are the literal children of the father.

God has us call him our Father in Heaven and he has even gone as far as calling us "gods" because we are his literal children.

Psalms 82:6
6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

God is the father of our spirits. He is compared to our earthly Fathers but as the Father of our spirits.

It is not doctrine of our church that God created Adam and Eve's physical bodies through the process of procreation. It has been speculated among some in the church but it is not doctrine. The Bible tells us that Adam's physical body were created from the dust of the ground and that Eve's physical body was created from one of Adam's ribs. We believe that the spirits of all mankind are the literal offspring of God and our spirits were brought forth by the process of procreation, but not the physical bodies of Adam and Eve.

Latter-day revelation does let us know that we can become just like our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ. The Bible also has verses that lead us to believe that we can become like our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. Jesus commanded us to do the following:

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus prayed to the Father for us all who believe in Jesus that we might become one with them even as Jesus is one with the Father. He prayed that we might become perfect in one with them.

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Can we become perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect without being just like our Father in Heaven? Can we be one with God the Father and Jesus Christ even as they are perfect in one without becoming just like them?

When the Jews sought to stone Jesus because He taught that He was the very Son of God, his reply was:

John 10:32-36
32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Here Jesus refers to Psalms 82:6 when He, in the Old Testament, referred to us as gods. He didn't mean judges or anything else in this context. Jesus used the law that the Jews believed to show them that it is not blasphemy to be a Son of God or to be called gods. We are all the children of God as his literal offspring and as such we are gods literal children. You Irish Ram are the literal spirit child of God the Father. We are all his offspring. He is literally the father of our spirits. As His literal offspring He loves each and every one of us so dearly. God wants us to be perfect even as He is perfect.
You are so far astray on so much. Pray for understanding you lack

(1) I prefer to think that angels often appear in human form.

(2) Some years back, I needed to go from place A to place B. I asked a man for a ride, but he brushed me off with a lying excuse. I asked a woman, and she was delighted to take me. Only when we arrived did I learn that she was a nun (wearing regular clothing).

(3) A handyman has been unusually helpful and ethical. I literally have to beg him to accept payment. I truly consider him to be a godsend.

The Chinese word for angel 天使 (tienshi) means "Heaven's Ambassador".

I always thought that to be an apt and appropriate description.

God is mankind. God made both the man and woman in his very image and likeness. We are his literal offspring in the spirit. Angels are mankind and simply messengers of God in the following forms:

Premortal spirits
Mortal mankind
Translated beings
Post mortal spirits awaiting resurrection
Resurrected beings

Angels are not another species or another kind but are all the offspring of God the Father. They are simply his messengers in the above forms as they progress through eternity.

Forum List

Back