What is Amnesty?

What are the crucial features that would make Trumps plan an amnesty?

• Allowing them to remain in the country without a "touchback"

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Allowing them to remain in the country at all EVEN WITH a "touchback"

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Allowing them to remain without paying past fines or taxes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Allowing them to get a shortcut to citizenship ahead of LEGAL immigrants

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
yes, it's amnesty... if Obama's plan was 'amnesty'

but that's ok.
IT seems the big difference that most are responding to and in the Hannity interview of Trump last night is the matter of a path to citizenship, which Obama and the Gang of 8 plans both had.

So by that measure, Trump is not offering an amnesty but everyone else, including Hillary and Obama, are.

I think it is just as important to make sure that they pay their back taxes, fines, and do the touchback, as well as GIVING THEM LEGAL STATUS TO LOOK FOR BETTER PAYING JOBS. That latter alone will push wages upwards again.

For those Americans freeloading on social welfare, they'd have two options. Take it and earn your way or no more freebies.
Are retired veterans free loaders in your mind?

Are Social Security retirees free loaders too?

Those two groups together are most of our federal budget along with interest on the debt.

Veterans have EARNED it.

SS retirees up to the point they get what they put in are getting back what they were required to pay. After that, it become redistribution of wealth.
OK, so you exclude retirees, especially veterans, and paying the interest on the debt, too? right?

Now how about the DoD budget? Should we defend our country? Should we pay for embassies across the globe to represent our country? Are the people who are hired to do these things freeloaders?

For those Americans freeloading on social welfare, they'd have two options. Take it and earn your way or no more freebies.

Those two groups together are most of our federal budget along with interest on the debt.

Veterans have EARNED it.

SS retirees up to the point they get what they put in are getting back what they were required to pay. After that, it become redistribution of wealth.
OK, so you exclude retirees, especially veterans, and paying the interest on the debt, too? right?

Now how about the DoD budget? Should we defend our country? Should we pay for embassies across the globe to represent our country? Are the people who are hired to do these things freeloaders?

Defense of this country is a constitutionally delegated power. People working to do that earn their way. People who rely on someone else to provide them food, clothing, shelter, and the like because they won't provide it to themselves are freeloaders.

I've heard those excuses before and they don't hold water. Most Americans won't take those jobs anyway and businesses keep more of their profits when wages are kept low. Besides, the white working class is largely addicted to opiates like Oxy Contin and to crystal methamphetamine. I'm a contractor and I don't even hire whites anymore because they show up late, work too slow and leave early.

More claims you can't prove?

Some of us need extra help like for mental illness. For example

yes, it's amnesty... if Obama's plan was 'amnesty'

but that's ok.
IT seems the big difference that most are responding to and in the Hannity interview of Trump last night is the matter of a path to citizenship, which Obama and the Gang of 8 plans both had.

So by that measure, Trump is not offering an amnesty but everyone else, including Hillary and Obama, are.

I think it is just as important to make sure that they pay their back taxes, fines, and do the touchback, as well as GIVING THEM LEGAL STATUS TO LOOK FOR BETTER PAYING JOBS. That latter alone will push wages upwards again.
Trump is offering amnesty, Jim....no need to contort this in your mind to make it something it is not.

It is Amnesty.

It is the complete opposite of what Trump, made believers in him think about him and what he would do.

It's the precise plan that Obama is following, with limited CONGRESSIONAL ALLOCATED funds, prioritize and deport the bad guys first, the felons, the gang members the drug pushers/dealers, the violent.

Find a path to legalization for the rest already here if they had been here 5 plus years with no record of any wrong doing.

It's exactly what the right wing has REJECTED.

It is an invasion, and nobody cares, because America is a not a country governed by laws. It is one vast corporate playground ruled by Jews.

That statement reflects not only juvenile idiocy, but shameless, illogical cowardice. Way to go.

I've heard those excuses before and they don't hold water. Most Americans won't take those jobs anyway and businesses keep more of their profits when wages are kept low. Besides, the white working class is largely addicted to opiates like Oxy Contin and to crystal methamphetamine. I'm a contractor and I don't even hire whites anymore because they show up late, work too slow and leave early.

Not my problem nor my responsibility.

That's not very nice

Trump is offering amnesty, Jim....no need to contort this in your mind to make it something it is not.

It is Amnesty.

It is the complete opposite of what Trump, made believers in him think about him and what he would do.

It's the precise plan that Obama is following, with limited CONGRESSIONAL ALLOCATED funds, prioritize and deport the bad guys first, the felons, the gang members the drug pushers/dealers, the violent.

Find a path to legalization for the rest already here if they had been here 5 plus years with no record of any wrong doing.

It's exactly what the right wing has REJECTED.
You can keep making unwarranted assertions all you want, but until you can specifically state what makes it an amnesty, you are not doing much more than repeating the DNC Talking Points Memo you got Monday.

Some on the right have rejected legal residence even with a "Touchback" but most have not.

If those folks are not supporting Trump over that, they never were anyway, because Trump is not 100% ideologically conservative and never has been.

Last edited:

It is Amnesty.....

So, he has said that all people in the country illegally now will be granted legal status and all immigration violations will be legally and officially forgiven by the government? I missed that speech.

That's not very nice

Tough shit.

That's not very nice

Tough shit.
roflmao

You should teach a course on 'How to Respond to a Libtard'

That's not very nice

Tough shit.
As veteran, I would not want someone like you in my unit. You're the type of coward who would abandon everyone to save his own ass.

.... I know more than you....infinitely more.
Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-05.gif

That's not very nice

Tough shit.
As veteran, I would not want someone like you in my unit. You're the type of coward who would abandon everyone to save his own ass.

There's a difference. As a member of your unit, my accepted responsibility would be to look out for those in my unit just as theirs would be to do the same. Outside of that situation, it's not my responsibility to do a damn thing for you just like it's not yours to do a damn thing for me. I don't expect you to but you seem to expect others to do for you.

That's not very nice

Tough shit.
roflmao

You should teach a course on 'How to Respond to a Libtard'

I just did.

That's not very nice

Tough shit.

There's a difference. As a member of your unit, my accepted responsibility would be to look out for those in my unit just as theirs would be to do the same. Outside of that situation, it's not my responsibility to do a damn thing for you just like it's not yours to do a damn thing for me. I don't expect you to but you seem to expect others to do for you.
I highly doubt you ever served in the military. I have two medals of honor a distinguished service cross and a purple heart. Meanwhile, you sit on your ass posting on a message board all day complaining about how people don't work. Pathetic.

That's not very nice

Tough shit.

I highly doubt you ever served in the military. I have two medals of honor a distinguished service cross and a purple heart. Meanwhile, you sit on your ass posting on a message board all day complaining about how people don't work. Pathetic.

You sure make a lot of claims you can't prove about me and yourself.

What you claim you have still doesn't change that your well being isn't my problem nor my responsibility.

I have people working FOR me.

It doesn't matter if we let people walk across our border and just stay here. We need the workers and we need people from different cultures to keep our communities from becoming too homogenized. Foreigners aren't any more dangerous than the assholes that already live here so I say fuck it, let em all in and let em stay.

You must be a troll because no one can be that fucking stupid on purpose....
I am NOT a troll. And please explain why that is "fucking stupid"
you said let them all in.....how many?.....can we check and see who they are and why they are here?....can we give them a physical?....or just say fuck it....come on in folks....

Veterans have EARNED it.

Defense of this country is a constitutionally delegated power. People working to do that earn their way. People who rely on someone else to provide them food, clothing, shelter, and the like because they won't provide it to themselves are freeloaders.
even the elderly and handicapped?....

Forum List

Back