What is Amnesty?

What are the crucial features that would make Trumps plan an amnesty?

• Allowing them to remain in the country without a "touchback"

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Allowing them to remain in the country at all EVEN WITH a "touchback"

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Allowing them to remain without paying past fines or taxes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Allowing them to get a shortcut to citizenship ahead of LEGAL immigrants

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
For those Americans freeloading on social welfare, they'd have two options. Take it and earn your way or no more freebies.
Are retired veterans free loaders in your mind?

Are Social Security retirees free loaders too?

Those two groups together are most of our federal budget along with interest on the debt.

Veterans have EARNED it.

SS retirees up to the point they get what they put in are getting back what they were required to pay. After that, it become redistribution of wealth.
OK, so you exclude retirees, especially veterans, and paying the interest on the debt, too? right?

Now how about the DoD budget? Should we defend our country? Should we pay for embassies across the globe to represent our country? Are the people who are hired to do these things freeloaders?

Defense of this country is a constitutionally delegated power. People working to do that earn their way. People who rely on someone else to provide them food, clothing, shelter, and the like because they won't provide it to themselves are freeloaders.
even the elderly and handicapped?....

Depends on how you define elderly and handicapped.

There are plenty of older folks that can work circles around younger one and plenty defined as handicapped or disabled that can do just as much as those of us who aren't. That doesn't mean there aren't people who TRULY can't work. That's why I put the word "won't" a part of my statement above.

If someone truly can't work and are not in a situation of their own doing, I don't have a problem helping them but think it should be done through private arenas not government mandate. That's compassion and charity. Government mandates so someone that wants elected can say "look what I did for you" can get votes isn't either. However, someone that won't work or who put themselves where they are by bad choices isn't my responsibility to care for. In many cases, the issue with finances isn't a lack of money but a lack of money management. When you see people that use food stamps to buy food because they say they don't have money yet magically have it to buy other non-essential items, they can do without as far as I'm concerned.

"Helping those that have been struck by unforeseeable misfortunes if fundamentally different from making dependency a way of life" - Thomas Sowell

Are retired veterans free loaders in your mind?

Are Social Security retirees free loaders too?

Those two groups together are most of our federal budget along with interest on the debt.

Veterans have EARNED it.

SS retirees up to the point they get what they put in are getting back what they were required to pay. After that, it become redistribution of wealth.
OK, so you exclude retirees, especially veterans, and paying the interest on the debt, too? right?

Now how about the DoD budget? Should we defend our country? Should we pay for embassies across the globe to represent our country? Are the people who are hired to do these things freeloaders?

Defense of this country is a constitutionally delegated power. People working to do that earn their way. People who rely on someone else to provide them food, clothing, shelter, and the like because they won't provide it to themselves are freeloaders.

There are plenty of older folks that can work circles around younger one and plenty defined as handicapped or disabled that can do just as much as those of us who aren't. That doesn't mean there aren't people who TRULY can't work. That's why I put the word "won't" a part of my statement above.

If someone truly can't work and are not in a situation of their own doing, I don't have a problem helping them but think it should be done through private arenas not government mandate. That's compassion and charity. Government mandates so someone that wants elected can say "look what I did for you" can get votes isn't either. However, someone that won't work or who put themselves where they are by bad choices isn't my responsibility to care for. In many cases, the issue with finances isn't a lack of money but a lack of money management. When you see people that use food stamps to buy food because they say they don't have money yet magically have it to buy other non-essential items, they can do without as far as I'm concerned.

"Helping those that have been struck by unforeseeable misfortunes if fundamentally different from making dependency a way of life" - Thomas Sowell
i agree on much of that.....but some person who is in a wheelchair that controls it by his tongue is only going to get so much help from a charity.....will they pay his bills?....will they give him what he needs to survive day to day?.....maybe up to a point,then what happens to this individual?...how does he/she make up the rest?...and i delivered mail to a few people in this condition,so i am going by what they related to me....

Veterans have EARNED it.

i agree on much of that.....but some person who is in a wheelchair that controls it by his tongue is only going to get so much help from a charity.....will they pay his bills?....will they give him what he needs to survive day to day?.....maybe up to a point,then what happens to this individual?...how does he/she make up the rest?...and i delivered mail to a few people in this condition,so i am going by what they related to me....

Veterans have EARNED it.

No one in this country is going to let someone that truly can't fend for him/herself go without. Those bills will get paid, those needs will be met, etc. The problem where folks like that suffer is when the ones that can do but won't or think it should be given to them get such things. The way the left presents things that certain ideologies will let them die is absolutely false. What's worse is those on the left claiming to care so much while saying the rest of us could care less have only one suggestion on how to handle it and that is force it from people.

If you truly can't work or are in a situation due to unforeseeable circumstances, I'll help you as much as I can. You can't and/or you didn't cause it. However, if you won't, constantly makes excuses, or continue to make choices that keep you in that situation, tough luck. You can or you want someone else to pay for your mistakes. In the end, there are far more claiming they can't that actually fit into the other category.

No one in this country is going to let someone that truly can't fend for him/herself go without. Those bills will get paid, those needs will be met, etc. The problem where folks like that suffer is when the ones that can do but won't or think it should be given to them get such things. The way the left presents things that certain ideologies will let them die is absolutely false. What's worse is those on the left claiming to care so much while saying the rest of us could care less have only one suggestion on how to handle it and that is force it from people.

If you truly can't work or are in a situation due to unforeseeable circumstances, I'll help you as much as I can. You can't and/or you didn't cause it. However, if you won't, constantly makes excuses, or continue to make choices that keep you in that situation, tough luck. You can or you want someone else to pay for your mistakes. In the end, there are far more claiming they can't that actually fit into the other category.
i have been in more than one thread here over the years were you will have righties here saying "handicapped,elderly and little kids?..... aint my problem".....

i have been in more than one thread here over the years were you will have righties here saying "handicapped,elderly and little kids?..... aint my problem".....

There are situations where all of those are my problem. 1) If their my kids because they're my responsibility and no one else's. Same with someone else's kids 2) The elderly for which I'm responsible have either my last name, my wife's maiden name, and/or are blood or marriage related to me 3) I addressed the handicapped in the distinction between can't and won't.

Forum List

Back