What is a Low Value Man?

The first one mentioned is 100% a jab at you and here is another one: Men who continuously bring up the evils of women and dating and then run and hide behind "not dating". You are really, really concerned despite this. Red flag.
I have never said that only women are capable of evil. I have said that current narrative paints men as the evil gender -- I am one of the few people to counteract this narrative.

That is a danger for men. It's changing but it's too slow. I have walked men in to a DV agency so they can work on obtaining a restraining order. I have a boy-child. Well, he is an adult now. It's a fear. That said, I just dealt with a guy that had a history of 17 POs. They were for real.
There are women out there that don't believe those are real incidents until they wind up in the hospital a few times.
Thank you.

I have never said that only women are capable of evil. I have said that current narrative paints men as the evil gender -- I am one of the few people to counteract this narrative.
You have a whole lot of disclaimers going on there.

So, you aren't one of the few people to do so. But, lets say you are one of the few. At Reddit. That would only be meaningful at Reddit. It does nothing at USMB. You aren't inflicting damage. It doesn't indicate anything on dating sites or discussions happening elsewhere. You have two extremes that the rest of the world is supposed to fit in while claiming that what your presenting is not extreme and continuing to target the extreme. This is not altogether your fault. Society likes to keep it right there at the polarization for a divide and conquer strategy. You appear to be simply repeating this and you are not alone. That was the point that I was making in my prior post.

Men: We have a group where we make derogatory remarks about women and throw in some legal issues from the past and present.
Women: Ok, we will make our own group and say some really shitty things about men because we have created this online fiction of the sheer number of incels that exist. We will classify the hell out of men, establish a specific set of criteria of which makes a good match and then get all Karen about the classifications and criteria--with each other. It's like a dry run practice for a badly run PTO meeting.

There are always going to be women that feel entitled to your check in some way because they are women. They don't want to work. They want a Sugar Daddy. Most of the time they use code words such as "traditional" or "old fashioned". They are looking for "a provider". Men are selling themselves as a provider. Both sides are making references to how society went down hill due to the Second Wave Feminism and how women didn't work outside of the home and it's all about rights for women in the current. It's a fiction that leads to this as a worst case scenario:

As I mentioned in my prior post, the man that posed the question made the assumption that the above is where all women are at. Except they aren't. That was what the woman was trying to explain. Basically, she said, "But, I don't need an ATM for a partner." There is always going to be someone who takes that to the extreme and jumps on the bandwagon of "women don't need men" because it is clickbait and provides a good 15 minutes of fame.

Men: We have a group where we make derogatory remarks about women and throw in some legal issues from the past and present.
Women: Ok, we will make our own group and say some really shitty things about men because we have created this online fiction of the sheer number of incels that exist. We will classify the hell out of men, establish a specific set of criteria of which makes a good match and then get all Karen about the classifications and criteria--with each other. It's like a dry run practice for a badly run PTO meeting.
Male bashing is at least 100 times more common then female bashing. I post on this forum precisely because I would be chased off Twitter. On Twitter, tweets celebrating the fact that more men die of CoronaVirus get hundreds of thousands of likes. On Twitter #menaretrash is a popular hashtag. In Mainstream Media, male bashing has been common at least since 1990s.

Overall, men who criticize women (even mildly) get cancelled and chased to small corners of Internet. Women and men who criticize men severely are given carte blanche by MSM and Social Media.

Male bashing is at least 100 times more common then female bashing. I post on this forum precisely because I would be chased off Twitter. On Twitter, tweets celebrating the fact that more men die of CoronaVirus get hundreds of thousands of likes. On Twitter #menaretrash is a popular hashtag. In Mainstream Media, male bashing has been common at least since 1990s.

Overall, men who criticize women (even mildly) get cancelled and chased to small corners of Internet. Women and men who criticize men severely are given carte blanche by MSM and Social Media.
You're right. You absolutely are a victim. I absolutely don't want to say anything that might detract from that.

You're right. You absolutely are a victim. I absolutely don't want to say anything that might detract from that.
I, personally, have not been victimized in any way.

Everyone points out what they see wrong in Society -- some here criticize Liberals, others criticize Conservatives.

Everyone on this small forum is passionate about some conflict.

Most are passionate on Left vs. Right conflict.

Some are passionate about Racial Issues.

I am passionate about Gender Issues.

I have seen too many people who are pressured into marriage and both lives spend years and lifetimes in a relationship where there is no love. But they need to be married to please others like their parents or to feel accepted. It is better to be single than live a life of quiet misery. If a woman is turned off by a man taking care of his parents it shows she is not a family-oriented woman and would not make a good wife. In other words, she would be an LVW. This quote seems appropriate for this thread.
"...the individual ceases to be himself; he adopts entirely the kind of personality offered to him by cultural patterns, and he, therefore, becomes exactly as all others are and as they expect him to be...The person who gives up his individual self and becomes an automaton, identical to millions of other automatons around him, need not feel alone and anxious anymore. But the price he pays, however, is high; it is the loss of his self."

- Erich Fromm

A Low Value Man (LVM) is a term used by r/FemaleDatingStrategy (FDS). Some of FDS ideas come from Mainstream Culture, some ideas come from Gender Critical (Conservative) Feminism. Paradoxically some FDS ideas are inverted ideas from the Manosphere. FDS have their own terms.

I am an LVM -- 53 yo, 157 kg, housekeeper for my parents, suffer Asperger's Syndrome and Depression. Of course I am not looking for romantic relationships, and I do not blame women for being single.

In many obvious ways, an LVM is disadvantaged relative to a High Value Man (HVM). This point does not need to be elaborated. Paradoxically, in other ways, an LVM has much more freedom then an HVM. An HVM must police his own speech in order to avoid angering a potential employer or partner. An LVM has much more freedom to speak his mind or to state Politically Incorrect truth.

In particular, almost no HVM would criticize women. He is afraid to lose his career and his partner. An LVM such as myself s more likely to point out that women can be very abusive, and in Modern Western Society men do suffer significant discrimination. I admit that both genders have both abusive individuals and very altruistic individuals. Some LVM have gone to another extreme -- they become InCel or MGTOW.
LVMs may be males but, they are not MEN. Real Men are not afraid to criticize women and are not afraid of losing their jobs. A real MAN would quickly identify and reject an abusive woman. A real MAN would chose and intelligent, loving woman who challenges him to be a MAN as he challenges her to be a WOMAN. MGTOW is more like LVM but a lot of MGTOWs have chosen badly because with the high number of abusive women sometimes a male makes the wrong choice and gets stung bad. The real problem is that females think their pussy makes them a 'woman.'

Last edited:
I do not believe that there are LVMs or LVWs. Everyone is an individual with unique talents and gifts. No one will ever be able to conform to another person's idea of what they need. The goal should be to accept and love a person for the unique person they are and to accept and love yourself for the unique person you are.

A Low Value Man (LVM) is a term used by r/FemaleDatingStrategy (FDS). Some of FDS ideas come from Mainstream Culture, some ideas come from Gender Critical (Conservative) Feminism. Paradoxically some FDS ideas are inverted ideas from the Manosphere. FDS have their own terms.

I am an LVM -- 53 yo, 157 kg, housekeeper for my parents, suffer Asperger's Syndrome and Depression. Of course I am not looking for romantic relationships, and I do not blame women for being single.

In many obvious ways, an LVM is disadvantaged relative to a High Value Man (HVM). This point does not need to be elaborated. Paradoxically, in other ways, an LVM has much more freedom then an HVM. An HVM must police his own speech in order to avoid angering a potential employer or partner. An LVM has much more freedom to speak his mind or to state Politically Incorrect truth.

In particular, almost no HVM would criticize women. He is afraid to lose his career and his partner. An LVM such as myself s more likely to point out that women can be very abusive, and in Modern Western Society men do suffer significant discrimination. I admit that both genders have both abusive individuals and very altruistic individuals. Some LVM have gone to another extreme -- they become InCel or MGTOW.

When you said low value male I thought you were talking about this guy.

56584.jpg

MGTOW is more like LVM but a lot of MGTOWs have chosen badly because with the high number of abusive women sometimes a male makes the wrong choice and gets stung bad.
1) Most women are not abusive. About 18.9% of women and 6.1% of men have perpetrated unidirectional Intimate Partner Violence. Here.

2) Nevertheless, almost 19% is a high figure.

3) In Modern Western Culture, IPV against men is considered acceptable, thus high figures should not be a surprise.

All these labels really suck. Every single one of them. LVM, FDS, what is this even? Even the "technical" ones like Aspberger's (you know that's not used anymore right?) and Depression. The internet is like one big swirl of people labeling themselves and being sucked down into the vortex never to be seen again.

Also, I am your same age. Been married to my beloved husband for 28 years this week. God forbid, should anything happen to him, I'm done. I am DONE. It's a complete crazy zoo out there and I....don't even want to know.

All these labels really suck. Every single one of them. LVM, FDS, what is this even? Even the "technical" ones like Aspberger's (you know that's not used anymore right?) and Depression. The internet is like one big swirl of people labeling themselves and being sucked down into the vortex never to be seen again.

Also, I am your same age. Been married to my beloved husband for 28 years this week. God forbid, should anything happen to him, I'm done. I am DONE. It's a complete crazy zoo out there and I....don't even want to know.
Best luck to you and your family! There are still people who live happily in life defined by traditional Values and Ethics.

I guess, my life is the best it could be given my mental limitations. I do not aspire for more then I can achieve.

I have great respect for people who have succeeded in life. Those who built strong families. Those who worked for success.

But I can not be someone who I am not, nor do I aspire to be like a person without Asperger's Syndrome.

I have great respect for people who have succeeded in life. Those who built strong families. Those who worked for success.
But I can not be someone who I am not, nor do I aspire to be like a person without Asperger's Syndrome.

It's not about any of that. It's about all these labels. I don't think they're good for people.

It's not about any of that. It's about all these labels. I don't think they're good for people.
Perhaps labels are not good.

My point is that I can never live up to the standards set up for non-Autistic people. (Autism and Asperger's are synonyms.)

Many poor disabled people who do not have support I have end up becoming drug users and fall to the bottom of Society.

Forum List

Back