What income constitutes being middle class?

Here on the Island, one can get into the middle class on $100K a year.

That's middle middle class, not upper middle class.

The notion of class involves more than just income, so I wouldn't put a precise value on it.

There are people who make a good amount of money who are still low-class trash, and there are people who do not make all that much who are still middle class.

A lot of it lies in attitudes as well as income.

Well the narrative today is "Livable Wage". Yet, no one wants to define "Livable" and what the "Wage" is for the defined. And as clearly stated earlier, this livable wage is clearly changes based on where you live.

Wages today are sooooooooo far behind cost of living that I'm disgusted with this nation.

48 grand is a pittance. Let's be honest that doesn't sniff lower middle class ANYwhere today. Non survivable wage.
Depends on how many mouths it has to feed. A single person can get rich on $48K/year. A family of 4, not.

Minimum wage, adjusted for inflation, is higher today than 60 years ago. Problem is there are too many people trying to live on it.
That is because, as a society, we have become service oriented in the US. Good wages will never be paid as long we continue to burger-flippers for burger-flippers. Shoppers for people too lazy to do their own shopping isn't going to make it any better. The US desperately needs to start producing products again.

Over the last 60 years. As stated I'm disgusted with this disgusting american aspect.

Minimum wage, adjusted for inflation, is higher today than 60 years ago. Problem is there are too many people trying to live on it.
Mexicrats manifest and foster all the issues they eventually bitch about…The dumbmotherfuckers can’t get out of their own way.

90 grand might get one a decent lifestyle. But that's not a big wage anywhere in america. Lower middle class. 40 grand gets one in piverty.

Forum List

Back