What i see in Californication is exactly what i saw in Saudi Arabia with the Oil Fires of Kuwait.

Prominent celebrity environmentalist Carl Sagan predicted the end of the world if Saddam lit off the oil wells. The world barely burped and technicians from the greatest Country in the world were able to put the wells out. Some conspiracy theories indicate that the California fires are part of a sabotage effort by anarchist gangs.
It isnt the effort of anarchists gangs, just slovenly mismanagement by the government of Californication..

You keep saying that, but you don't say what they should so ... over half this land is Federal ... should Sacramento just steal it? ... and then impose MORE regulations on timber companies? ... oh right, Republicans want bigger government, I keep forgetting that ... more laws to justify more po'lice ...

Prominent celebrity environmentalist Carl Sagan predicted the end of the world if Saddam lit off the oil wells. The world barely burped and technicians from the greatest Country in the world were able to put the wells out. Some conspiracy theories indicate that the California fires are part of a sabotage effort by anarchist gangs.
It isnt the effort of anarchists gangs, just slovenly mismanagement by the government of Californication..

You keep saying that, but you don't say what they should so ... over half this land is Federal ... should Sacramento just steal it? ... and then impose MORE regulations on timber companies? ... oh right, Republicans want bigger government, I keep forgetting that ... more laws to justify more po'lice ...
You do know that the Progs of California shut off the water flow from northern Cal to the south because of a fish that was supposed to be endangered? Up until that time S Cal was doing quite well, you didnt hear about all the wildfires because when the water was shut off, people had to stop watering their lawns(unless they were Hollyweird or other rich progs) it was like S cal was reverting back to its original desert state.

You do know that the Progs of California shut off the water flow from northern Cal to the south because of a fish that was supposed to be endangered? Up until that time S Cal was doing quite well, you didnt hear about all the wildfires because when the water was shut off, people had to stop watering their lawns(unless they were Hollyweird or other rich progs) it was like S cal was reverting back to its original desert state.

No ... I'm not familiar with "shutting off" the water to protect fish ... but I am familiar with keeping the water flowing to prevent salt water from intruding on farmland ... this might surprise the flatlanders that we can't pump water out the ocean for irrigation ... the crops would die, the proverbial "salting of the fields" ...

Please explain what you mean by "reverting back to its original desert state" ... bringing San Joaquin River water into SoCal doesn't make it rain there, it's still a desert, or more properly semi-arid ... and has always been prone to wildfires, it doesn't matter how much water comes down the two big canals, we'd still have to pump it up into the hills and set massive sprinklers systems to keep the vegetation green and flourishing through the dry summer months ... a truly insane amount of money ...

The farmland in the Delta region is so rich and fertile ... it burns ... why would you want to poison it with salt water? ...

No ... I'm not familiar with "shutting off" the water to protect fish ... but I am familiar with keeping the water flowing to prevent salt water from intruding on farmland ... this might surprise the flatlanders that we can't pump water out the ocean for irrigation ... the crops would die, the proverbial "salting of the fields" ...

Please explain what you mean by "reverting back to its original desert state" ... bringing San Joaquin River water into SoCal doesn't make it rain there, it's still a desert, or more properly semi-arid ... and has always been prone to wildfires, it doesn't matter how much water comes down the two big canals, we'd still have to pump it up into the hills and set massive sprinklers systems to keep the vegetation green and flourishing through the dry summer months ... a truly insane amount of money ...

The farmland in the Delta region is so rich and fertile ... it burns ... why would you want to poison it with salt water? ...
California's Delta smelt are dying: What it means for your water

From Wikipedia:

"The Peripheral Canal was a series of proposals starting in the 1940s to divert water from California's Sacramento River, around the periphery of the San Joaquin-Sacramento River Delta, to uses farther south. The canal would have attempted to resolve a problem with the quality of water pumped south. Pumps create such a powerful suction that the boundary between freshwater to saltwater has shifted inland, negatively affecting the environment. The pumps have increased by 5 to 7 million acre feet (6.2 to 8.6 km3) the amount of water exported each year to the Central Valley and Southern California. However, the peripheral canal as proposed would have reduced the overall freshwater flow into the Delta and move the freshwater-saltwater interface further inland, causing damage to Delta agriculture and ecosystems.[1]"

I spent some years on the Delta ... all the above is true ... see how it says "agriculture", do you know how powerful the Ag lobby is in Sacramento? ... Republicans support agriculture, even in California ...

Forum List

Back