What Has The Government Done For You?

Not all Republicans are evil. Abraham Lincoln, for example, created the country's first income tax.

And this is an example of Lincoln not being evil? Stealing from the people that which he did not earn?

This is an epic fail...

Lincoln proposed an income tax to pay for the war against the confederacy. Yeah, you actually have to pay for wars. That's something modern day Republicans do not understand.

If you can put medicare and SS on the credit card, you can with wars too!

Well, this president is making us the laughing stock of the other industrial nations. Our Brave military men and women protect us. Oh and hubby gets his pension check from the navy he served for 25 years. That this admin is trying to change and will have no incentive for the young to join the military and mostly have to draft if this gets through!
Resumption of the draft would be a good thing. We would not be in Iraq and Afghanistan if the draft were still active.

iwo-jima-flag-raising-wwii.jpg

Freedom
More like endless foolish foreign wars.

I'm really interested as to why Sundial continues to post the Constitutionally dubious contributions of the US Government and yet continually ignores the one most important thing.

If she thinks all that shit is more impressive that this.... that just about sums her up.

hummer-from-the-us-army-to-china-7794_4.jpg

images

images

images

^^^^^^ These guys.... I'll pay my taxes for them. You can keep all the huggy feely shit that can be better delivered by the private sector.

Yawn....

Hey... I'm as patriotic as the next guy. I fully appreciate everything our military men and women do for us... I used to be one of them. However, I do not support wars that do not need to be fought(including our current engagements), I do not support private security firms that make a profit off of our continued involvement in killing others, and I do not support the Military/Industrial Complex that continually churns out weaponry that we have to feel obligated to purchase at great cost to us, the taxpayer.

If something is deemed obsolete, by all means... replace it with something better. I just don't get why "government spending is bad", except for this monstrosity of expense.

I support what our government is Constitutionally authorized to do. One of it's primary functions is the one I posted. The internet - nice but the private sector can do it. Medical advances - good to have, but the private sector can do it better.

What I don't need is some idiot lefty 'splainin' to me - an American - what the Government has done for me. I'm already aware.

All that good stuff - great.

But.... since I am not yet 30..... at what fucking price to me? Or my kids? Or my grandkids?

Stop spending us into oblivion.... it's not that hard to understand.

So your not even 30 yet... that explains a lot.

I'm really interested as to why Sundial continues to post the Constitutionally dubious contributions of the US Government and yet continually ignores the one most important thing.

If she thinks all that shit is more impressive that this.... that just about sums her up.

hummer-from-the-us-army-to-china-7794_4.jpg

images

images

images

^^^^^^ These guys.... I'll pay my taxes for them. You can keep all the huggy feely shit that can be better delivered by the private sector.

Yawn....

Hey... I'm as patriotic as the next guy. I fully appreciate everything our military men and women do for us... I used to be one of them. However, I do not support wars that do not need to be fought(including our current engagements), I do not support private security firms that make a profit off of our continued involvement in killing others, and I do not support the Military/Industrial Complex that continually churns out weaponry that we have to feel obligated to purchase at great cost to us, the taxpayer.

If something is deemed obsolete, by all means... replace it with something better. I just don't get why "government spending is bad", except for this monstrosity of expense.

I support what our government is Constitutionally authorized to do. One of it's primary functions is the one I posted. The internet - nice but the private sector can do it. Medical advances - good to have, but the private sector can do it better.

What I don't need is some idiot lefty 'splainin' to me - an American - what the Government has done for me. I'm already aware.

All that good stuff - great.

But.... since I am not yet 30..... at what fucking price to me? Or my kids? Or my grandkids?

Stop spending us into oblivion.... it's not that hard to understand.

And you're in Cali? Are you sure?

Mike

Not all Republicans are evil. Abraham Lincoln, for example, created the country's first income tax.

And this is an example of Lincoln not being evil? Stealing from the people that which he did not earn?

Stealing is the unlawful appropriation of property. Taxes are not unlawful. In fact, the authority to lay taxes is explicitly enumerated in the constitution.

Are you saying the founding fathers were thieves?

"The State is a gang of thieves writ large." - Murray Rothbard

That about sums it up.

This is an epic fail...

Lincoln proposed an income tax to pay for the war against the confederacy. Yeah, you actually have to pay for wars. That's something modern day Republicans do not understand.

Lincoln stole from the populace and inflated their currency to pay for an unnecessary war that he had no business waging.

This is an epic fail...

If you can put medicare and SS on the credit card, you can with wars too!

An intelligent person would ask the question, "Which costs less? Paying Medicare or paying for Emergency Room care at 20 or 30 times the cost?"

Something an intelligent person would ask.

Charged me more in taxes than anything I get out of it...

Evidently you don't value freedom.

Are you really that free?

Mike

Oh boy. Another one of those people. Okay Texan. Tell me about your oppression! Are you not allowed to carry an Uzi into church? Unable to travel freely? Has some cop stopped you and asked you for an original birth certificate? Can't criticize the government openly, without fear of incarceration? Zoophilia still a crime where you live?
Oh tell us of this terrible oppression!

firefighter9-11image.jpg

Firefighters

Can easily be supplied by the free market.

Do you know what a "fire sale" is?

In the Old Days, if your house caught fire, people might show up and offer to put it out for you - for a fee. If you didn't have enough cash on hand, they might offer to buy the house instead - but only at a price that reflected it's condition (that is, that it was on fire). That's supposedly where the phrase comes from.

One problem wthat systems like that is that fires that could have been extinguished, spread to the neighbors' houses instead.

Forum List

Back