What Happens If Republicans Get Total Control ?

When FDR established Social Security the gop did everything in their power to repeal it. They treated it pretty much the same as they have treated ACA.

Chief among the New Deal’s features conservatives have spent nearly 80 years attempting to eliminate is the Social Security Trust primarily because it helps the American people and does not enrich corporations and the wealthy.

"Over the past five years, the GOP and their conservative backers have spread lies and misinformation about Social Security and were successful in labeling it an “entitlement” to portray it as a handout that contributes to lazy Americans’ culture of dependency on government."

Surely you have heard republicans calling SS an entitlement and their demanding that entitlements be ended. I really suggest you check out the link below for a clear explanation of why the gop wants to kill SS.

Republicans Won't Admit that Cutting Social Security Is Stealing From the American People

Actually, I haven't heard what the Republicans have said about Social Security, which is one of the reasons why I wrote this OP. The link story is interesting, however it mentions the word "Republicans" repeatedly, but I don't recall seeing a single QUOTE in it, from a single Republican, that says they want to cut Social Security.

Of course not.

That's a "sacred cow" for a large part of their constituency.

Of course that doesn't stop them from wanting to monkey around with it.

George W. Bush wanted to turn it into a 401K plan.

That would probably happen again.

I'm not ruling it out, and I admit to fearing it quite a bit. I'm just wondering if any of the Republicans have actually expressed it out loud.

The question more precisely (but to big for an OP title) is >> If by January 2017, we find ourselves in a country where Republican control the presidency + both houses of Congress (and increasing leverage in the SCOTUS), what will happen then ?

I suspect first the pandering we've seen lately (to Hispanics, immigrants, et al) will disappear in heartbeat) The Republican party will be solidly against the things it has been all along >> immigration (esp. illegal), Islamization, affirmative action, abortion, excessive gun control, etc. It will be for what it's been for > death penalty, strong military,
law enforcement, etc. I would guess most Americans would support them on these positions. (as would I)

HERE'S THE BIG QUESTION THOUGH >>

What would this Republican govt do regarding our monthly SOCIAL SECURITY & VA PAYMENTS ? Would they be cut ? Stay the same ? This may be what has been preventing Republicans from winning scores of elections, including the White House. The nagging fear that if they get power, our financial lifelines may go down the tubes.

??????????????? :eek::dunno::omg:

1. We deport all of our Progressives, give them a one-way ticket to any Progressive mecca: Cuba, Venezuela, whatever you pick, but you don't comeback until you're found respect for America.

2. Eliminate most of the federal government

3. Privatize Social Security and Medicare. Leave a small public option for the truly indigent, but with a robust and revitalized charitable structure, no one will want the government option.

Yup. That's it all right. That;s what we fear....and it's why Republicans have been losing elections. I'm just wondering if any Republican politicians have actually openly expressed these assinine positions.

Actually, I haven't heard what the Republicans have said about Social Security, which is one of the reasons why I wrote this OP. The link story is interesting, however it mentions the word "Republicans" repeatedly, but I don't recall seeing a single QUOTE in it, from a single Republican, that says they want to cut Social Security.

Of course not.

That's a "sacred cow" for a large part of their constituency.

Of course that doesn't stop them from wanting to monkey around with it.

George W. Bush wanted to turn it into a 401K plan.

That would probably happen again.

I'm not ruling it out, and I admit to fearing it quite a bit. I'm just wondering if any of the Republicans have actually expressed it out loud.

Nope.

If Republicans were to get control, I imagine they will invade Iran or Iraq...I doubt if they know the difference
They will end the filibuster
They will slash taxes on the rich and force the 47% to pay their fair share
They will stop the spread of gay rights
They will end Medicare as we know it but will be unable to repeal Obamacare

What about Social Security and VA ?

Depends on what kind of republican...
-If it is respectable Reagan or Bush Republicans = More efficiency and common sense in government!
-If it is loon party(tea party)...Look at the taliban. Defund science, infrastructure, and bomb iran!

24fblvr.jpg

It will be payback time for the liberal progessive scum.

An itwill be the last time the republicans control the government with the demoghtaic shfti

after that, the christian craker party are in for major payback an no where to run an hide :lol:

What Happens If Republicans Get Total Control ?

Not much, if anything.

Senate democrats will obstruct as did the republicans; particularly given the fact that if republicans do gain control of the Senate, it will be by a very slim margin.

Hypothetical case > Republicans Get Total Control. Think you can address that, instead of changing the subject ?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back