What happened to TRUE bi-partanship?

Back in the 80's, President Regan (republican) and Tip O'Neal (democrat & majority whip) would leave contentiousness outside the the capitol steps and socialize, and have lunch together frequently. We lost that, and I miss that. I know it sounds pat, but...united we stand, divided we fall.

After all the crap you've posted here you want to talk about bi-partisanship?

Maybe what you need is some bi-polar meds.

Medicare for all. Just to name one.

Mao was Mao because he advocated medicare-like program for all who want it?

I guess that means most of western democracies are modeled after early-phase Chinese communism. :rolleyes-41:

Seriously? You really don't see how ludecrous your claim is?

Last edited:
How can one expect the GOP to play well with others when they constantly are eating their own?

Just days before this month's election we had Kari Lake at one of her campaign rallies telling John McCain Republicans to, "Get the hell out".

Back in the 80's, President Regan (republican) and Tip O'Neal (democrat & majority whip) would leave contentiousness outside the the capitol steps and socialize, and have lunch together frequently. We lost that, and I miss that. I know it sounds pat, but...united we stand, divided we fall.

The tipping point, per Republican House Majority Leader John Boehner, was the 2010 election. He says that the folks that the Republicans that came into the House and Senate in that wave *hated* Obama, actually hated him. And saw comprimise as betrayal.

It snowballed from there.

I think the point of greatest weakness in current division is the primary system. If we did a graded vote system, where we picked our favorite then next favorite ...it tends to break the lock the more extreme elements have on the primary process and can result in more moderate candidates that represent the views of more people.

Let the fringes rage. Most people want effective government, civility and compromise.

Forum List

Back