What happened to the tea party?

It is clear they cared more about being republican than they did the debt. Party over country...

No different than the Democrats, I really have no use for either party. We need a third party that works for the average American, not Wall St.

Wall street will co-op any 3rd party. The problem lays in two things, first the Citizens United decision by a conservative court pushed by conservative fronting for Wall St. Second, the dumbing down of the republic party to basic stupidity.

Citizens United was the right decision.....if you think allowing politicians to set limits on campaign spending is done for the benefit of people challenging them for their seats, you are nuts....Citizens United allows people to actually donate to campaigns.... anything else is simply an incumbent insurance policy which is why they all supported blocking it...including hilary and all the other democrats.

The Citizens United decision allows corporations to donate unlimited amounts of money and increased dark money by the 1%.

The ruling now makes our politicians into fundraisers.

They already were...what it actually allows is someone without any money, the money incumbent politicians get in all manner of ways, to get enough money to actually mount a campaign.....the reason the politicians hate it, is they want to keep out the competition.....their being in office gives them all the advantages against any normal person who tries to run, who has no money, and stands little chance of breaking through. If I am rich, and I like what a new guy has to say....I can now help him get the funding he needs to actually run....quit his day job, staff up, get offices and advertising......

Meanwhile, with spending limits....the politician in office makes appearances as part of his job he doesn't have to pay for, already has an office staff and an established machine and all sorts of money coming in that is off the books...

Citizens United is one of the great tools for freedom of speech for the little guy.

The little guy? What alternative reality are you living in.

The Citizen United ruling is a boon for corporations and the 1% to buy access that your "little guy" can never get.

Grow up.

No different than the Democrats, I really have no use for either party. We need a third party that works for the average American, not Wall St.

Wall street will co-op any 3rd party. The problem lays in two things, first the Citizens United decision by a conservative court pushed by conservative fronting for Wall St. Second, the dumbing down of the republic party to basic stupidity.
Citizens united sure is a disaster.

Yes....just look at how Trump outspent hilary and beat her because he spent more......oh, that's right, he spent about 1/3 what she spent and still won.......
Look at how much is spent for a job that pays so little. You must be blind.

No...you are the blind troll.....

Those same greedy politicians you just described......you really think that they would limit their ability to stay in office? That somehow the campaign finance limits that they champion are geared to hurt themselves.....? You really thing that? You are the fool...not me.
Only a fool supports citizens united. Has lead to worse corruption.

i watched with child-like fascination the tea party taking over the gop.

now the trump party has taken it over!

Forum List

Back