What guns to by before Oct. deadline on hi-cap mags & firearms with large, built in feeding devices?

[Q

I wont mention how much ammo I have......:eusa_whistle:

Neither will I but I have enough ammo (.223, .308, 9mm, .45, M-1 Carbine, 22LR, shotgun, etc), that I can shoot at the weekly rate I am now for the rest of my life and still have a nice SHTF catche.

I only have 'wheel guns' and bolt actions and pump shot guns now.
Semi autos are for lazy people who willing to risk their lives using firearms that habitually jam.
If you can't get the job done with a wheel gun you sure as fuck aren't going to do it firing off rounds, most of which you have no idea where they are going.

I've put thousands of rounds through my FNX without a single jam. Same goes for my Sig AR.
1058506_01_fn_herstal_fnx_45_tactical_fde_640.jpg
I have put hundreds of rounds thru my Ruger Mini 14 and my CZ 97B 45ACP and each has only jammed once or twice.

Not worth it to me to pay thousands of dollars more then.

If my gun jams it's on Armslist the next day if it isnt due to bad ammo.
I did get some no fires from some Winchester white box ammo.
Turned out to be a bad batch.
The primers turned out to be bad. They made the strike surface to hard and it took two or three hammer strikes to make em go off.

A 10 round mag limit is not the end of the world.

Having said that, I love my 30 round mags very much !!!

And also the 3 mag holder/pouch that came with and attaches to my plate carrier vest.

Actually the FNX .45 Tactical runs from $1200.00 to $1300.00.
Add the RMR and tac light and it's around $2100.00 to $2200.00.

.45 Auto 5.3 inches 15+1 Flat Dark Earth Flat Dark Earth Polymer 7.9 inches FNX-45 Tactical FDE, Threaded Barrel, 66968 33.3 ounces No 04617798
Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Just checked this website for prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=FNX 45&Sort=4

Take a look and see if yours is listed here.

Oh and I can see why your wife threw a fit. LOL

The FNX .45 and my Sig AR15 are my two most expensive weapons at $2200.00 and $4500.00 after optics and modifications respectively.
In my mind it's worth it since they'll be the ones I'll rely on if shit gets nasty.
Everyone knows that Sig's are the most expensive and best guns made.

But Smith&Wesson's are not bad either.

And Ruger has been making some great affordable guns for a long time.

And most Americans have never heard of CZ but they are the lesser expensive guns but also with Sig quality.

I know all about CZ's.
My Buddy has several. Not a bad pistol but nowhere near the quality of a Sig or FN.
And nowhere near the cost of a Sig either.

Ya get what ya pay for.

Semi autos are for lazy people who willing to risk their lives using firearms that habitually jam.
If you can't get the job done with a wheel gun you sure as fuck aren't going to do it firing off rounds, most of which you have no idea where they are going.

I've put thousands of rounds through my FNX without a single jam. Same goes for my Sig AR.
I have put hundreds of rounds thru my Ruger Mini 14 and my CZ 97B 45ACP and each has only jammed once or twice.

The primers turned out to be bad. They made the strike surface to hard and it took two or three hammer strikes to make em go off.
All guns jam.

You need to be able to clear jams fast, with your hands only, and without having to resort to a flathead screwdriver and hammer like some AR-15's require.

Just checked this website for prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=FNX 45&Sort=4

Take a look and see if yours is listed here.

Oh and I can see why your wife threw a fit. LOL

The FNX .45 and my Sig AR15 are my two most expensive weapons at $2200.00 and $4500.00 after optics and modifications respectively.
In my mind it's worth it since they'll be the ones I'll rely on if shit gets nasty.

And most Americans have never heard of CZ but they are the lesser expensive guns but also with Sig quality.

I know all about CZ's.
My Buddy has several. Not a bad pistol but nowhere near the quality of a Sig or FN.

Ya get what ya pay for.
I am very glad there are rich guys who also support the 2nd Amendment.

You can serve in my Militia any day.

All guns jam.

You need to be able to clear jams fast, with your hands only, and without having to resort to a flathead screwdriver and hammer like some AR-15's require.

Neither my FN or my Sig AR has ever experienced a jam.
And where you're getting the screw driver reference is beyond me.

All guns jam.

If you spend enough time at any gun range you will eventually get to see a range master clearing a jam from an AR-15 with a flathead screwdriver and hammer.

I've seen it plenty of times. Especially with new AR-15's that are not broken-in yet.

Remember Holmes in Aurora Colorado ?!

I know all about CZ's.

Ya get what ya pay for.
I am very glad there are rich guys who also support the 2nd Amendment.

You can serve in my Militia any day.

Having money has nothing to do with it.
I see it as priorities.
Accurate and reliable weapons should be paramount in one's life.
Once purchased they have no more expenditures other than ammo which costs the same no matter what barrel it comes from.

All guns jam.

If you spend enough time at any gun range you will eventually get to see a range master clearing a jam from an AR-15 with a flathead screwdriver and hammer.

I've seen it plenty of times. Especially with new AR-15's that are not broken-in yet.

Remember Holmes in Aurora Colorado ?!

Then they're shooting cheap ARs without the flash chromed and ground breeches.
I've shot untold thousands of rounds through my Sig AR without a single misfire.

So this devastating, and in my opinion, unconstitutional gun legislation got rammed up our arses this past winter after a potential school shooting in Fair Haven, VT was narrowly averted (so it seems). Fair Haven shooting threat: 'By the grace of God' Vermont avoided disaster
Our VT Governor freaked out, opening the door to 'Finsteninian' gun legislation. I was very involved with our legislators on the House and Senate sides during the 'dust up'. Ultimately Constitutionalism lost out to the emotionally driven, liberal element in both the House and the Senate.

Lets assume that we're not dealing with newbies who don't yet have their semi auto handgun, battle rifle & pump shotgun. (If your wondering & don't have) buy the above, lol. NO, lets get a bit more esoteric, yet still practical here for the 2Aers who already have a full gun safe...
So, What to buy... (Oct. 1 Deadline) carte' blanche' until then on any long gun or handgun purchases with any size magazines in any quantities "external feeding devices"... VT is not the only state dealing with this quandary of being limited to x10 rounds for long guns and x 15 rounds for handguns; internal or external feeding devices. More states are to follow, regrettably... What would you buy, what would you advise your most loved ones to buy or gift to them before the law changes)...

Lets assume that one has to be calculating on their last minute purchases in any categories you care to opine on but particularly in the shotgun category as most staunch 2Aers already have their high cap Glocks, PX4 storms ect. etc. / they have their AR's / AK's etc. Shotguns though, most have an 870 / 535 pump variant & some hand me down break barrel sticks laying around.

State's legal team urges judge to throw out gun magazine limit lawsuit - VTDigger
Well it's not looking good for the 2Aers...

Ya, you have one of the better semis. But there are a lot of cheap/shit semis on the market. You know that.
Eastern European countries have been knocking off cheap imitations for years.
Glock has been in court since the early eighties trying to put a stop to it. So far no success.

What about the 'bullpup' scatter gun category... any anecdotal opinions out there???

Forum List

Back