What guns to by before Oct. deadline on hi-cap mags & firearms with large, built in feeding devices?

Sahba

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2018
VT & NH
So this devastating, and in my opinion, unconstitutional gun legislation got rammed up our arses this past winter after a potential school shooting in Fair Haven, VT was narrowly averted (so it seems). Fair Haven shooting threat: 'By the grace of God' Vermont avoided disaster
Our VT Governor freaked out, opening the door to 'Finsteninian' gun legislation. I was very involved with our legislators on the House and Senate sides during the 'dust up'. Ultimately Constitutionalism lost out to the emotionally driven, liberal element in both the House and the Senate.

Lets assume that we're not dealing with newbies who don't yet have their semi auto handgun, battle rifle & pump shotgun. (If your wondering & don't have) buy the above, lol. NO, lets get a bit more esoteric, yet still practical here for the 2Aers who already have a full gun safe...
So, What to buy... (Oct. 1 Deadline) carte' blanche' until then on any long gun or handgun purchases with any size magazines in any quantities "external feeding devices"... VT is not the only state dealing with this quandary of being limited to x10 rounds for long guns and x 15 rounds for handguns; internal or external feeding devices. More states are to follow, regrettably... What would you buy, what would you advise your most loved ones to buy or gift to them before the law changes)...

Lets assume that one has to be calculating on their last minute purchases in any categories you care to opine on but particularly in the shotgun category as most staunch 2Aers already have their high cap Glocks, PX4 storms ect. etc. / they have their AR's / AK's etc. Shotguns though, most have an 870 / 535 pump variant & some hand me down break barrel sticks laying around.

State's legal team urges judge to throw out gun magazine limit lawsuit - VTDigger
Well it's not looking good for the 2Aers...

Last edited:
So this devastating, and in my opinion, unconstitutional gun legislation got rammed up our arses this past winter after a school shooting in Fair Haven, VT was narrowly stopped. Fair Haven shooting threat: 'By the grace of God' Vermont avoided disaster
Our VT Governor freaked out, opening the door to 'Finsteninian' gun legislation. I was very involved with our legislators on the House and Senate sides during the 'dust up'. Ultimately Constitutionalism lost out to the emotionally driven, liberal element in both the House and the Senate.

So, What to buy... (Oct. 1 Deadline) carte' blanche' until then on any long gun or handgun purchases with any size magazines in any quantities "external feeding devices"... VT is not the only state dealing with this quandary of being limited to x10 round mags / internal feeding devices for long guns and x 15 rounds for handguns internal or external feeding devices. More states are to follow, regrettably... What would you buy, what would you advise your most loved ones to buy or gift to them before the law changes)...

Lets assume that finances are a limiting factor and one has to be calculating on their last minute purchases in any categories you care to opine on but particularly in the shotgun category as most staunch 2Aers already have their high cap Glocks, PX4 storms ect. etc. / they have their AR's / AK's etc. Shotguns though, most have an 870 / 535 pump variant & some hand me down break barrel sticks laying around.

State's legal team urges judge to throw out gun magazine limit lawsuit - VTDigger
Well it didn't happen folks... ):
Every time the progressives talk about any sort of gun control, firearm and Ammo sales go through the roof...
:dance::dance::dance:

That is one unintended consequence that they largely don't seem to realize... lol

Someone will have to drag Vermont to the Supreme Court. Supposedly, if he gets appointed, Kavanaugh is very pro 2nd.
I'll believe it when I see it. My personal opinion is that this man will do more harm to the 2nd Amendment than ever imagined.

I just have this gut feeling everyone has him wrong in spite of his past words or apparent actions. Time will tell.

Tennessee and Kentucky still have everything being banned in VT. Road trip time?

I only have 'wheel guns' and bolt actions and pump shot guns now.
Semi autos are for lazy people who willing to risk their lives using firearms that habitually jam.
If you can't get the job done with a wheel gun you sure as fuck aren't going to do it firing off rounds, most of which you have no idea where they are going.

Semis are for lazy people who willing to risk their lives using firearms that habitually jam.
If you can't get the job done with a wheel gun you sure as fuck aren't going to do it firing off rounds, most of which you have no idea where they are going.
Preposterous.

Semi autos are for lazy people who willing to risk their lives using firearms that habitually jam.

I've put thousands of rounds through my FNX without a single jam. Same goes for my Sig AR.
1058506_01_fn_herstal_fnx_45_tactical_fde_640.jpg

Sig's a great gun. A friend of mine just got one and it handles great.

I'm thinking of getting a Glock 17. Fits right in my hand and feels real good.

The FNX is my dream pistol.
The Wife had a cow when she found out how much I paid for it with the RMR and tac light/laser.

Just Googled it and you are right.

What a great looking gun and it comes in 9mm and .45.

Loads of stopping power there my friend. You get hit with that .45 load an you ain't getting up.

Checking the prices and a 9 mml goes for around six hundred.

The .45 goes for around $650 or higher great looking gun though. I like the .40 or .45. Lots of stopping power.

What did you pay for yours??

When putin comes to take your weapons most of you will be dead anyway. So save yourself some headaches and enjoy life as a free man while you can.

The Wife had a cow when she found out how much I paid for it with the RMR and tac light/laser.

Loads of stopping power there my friend. You get hit with that .45 load an you ain't getting up.

The .45 goes for around $650 or higher great looking gun though. I like the .40 or .45. Lots of stopping power.

Actually the FNX .45 Tactical runs from $1200.00 to $1300.00.
Add the RMR and tac light and it's around $2100.00 to $2200.00.

.45 Auto 5.3 inches 15+1 Flat Dark Earth Flat Dark Earth Polymer 7.9 inches FNX-45 Tactical FDE, Threaded Barrel, 66968 33.3 ounces No 04617798
Regular Price:
$1,269.99

.45 Auto 5.3 inches 15+1 Flat Dark Earth Flat Dark Earth Polymer 7.9 inches FNX-45 Tactical FDE, Threaded Barrel, 66968 33.3 ounces No 04617798
Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Just checked this website for prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=FNX 45&Sort=4

Take a look and see if yours is listed here.

Oh and I can see why your wife threw a fit. LOL

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779742718

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779742718

Yeah. Just found the site for the tactical FNX

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=fnx-45 tactical

Goes new TB for $1,199.00 and a new FDE for $959.00

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

The FNX .45 and my Sig AR15 are my two most expensive weapons at $2200.00 and $4500.00 after optics and modifications respectively.
In my mind it's worth it since they'll be the ones I'll rely on if shit gets nasty.

Forum List

Back