What guns to by before Oct. deadline on hi-cap mags & firearms with large, built in feeding devices?

The FNX is my dream pistol.
The Wife had a cow when she found out how much I paid for it with the RMR and tac light/laser.

Just Googled it and you are right.

What a great looking gun and it comes in 9mm and .45.

Loads of stopping power there my friend. You get hit with that .45 load an you ain't getting up.

Checking the prices and a 9 mml goes for around six hundred.

The .45 goes for around $650 or higher great looking gun though. I like the .40 or .45. Lots of stopping power.

What did you pay for yours??

Actually the FNX .45 Tactical runs from $1200.00 to $1300.00.
Add the RMR and tac light and it's around $2100.00 to $2200.00.

.45 Auto 5.3 inches 15+1 Flat Dark Earth Flat Dark Earth Polymer 7.9 inches FNX-45 Tactical FDE, Threaded Barrel, 66968 33.3 ounces No 04617798
Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Just checked this website for prices.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=FNX 45&Sort=4

Take a look and see if yours is listed here.

Oh and I can see why your wife threw a fit. LOL

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779742718

Yeah. Just found the site for the tactical FNX

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=fnx-45 tactical

Goes new TB for $1,199.00 and a new FDE for $959.00

It appears to be just the pistol and a mag.
I bought the whole kit and they threw in two extra mags for a total of five magazines.

6743534_04_fnx_45_tactical_fde_fastfire_s_640.jpg

Loads of stopping power there my friend. You get hit with that .45 load an you ain't getting up.

The .45 goes for around $650 or higher great looking gun though. I like the .40 or .45. Lots of stopping power.

.45 Auto 5.3 inches 15+1 Flat Dark Earth Flat Dark Earth Polymer 7.9 inches FNX-45 Tactical FDE, Threaded Barrel, 66968 33.3 ounces No 04617798
Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.

I bought the whole kit and they threw in two extra mags for a total of five magazines.

Well if you ever have to lock and load you will be ready.

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.

I wont mention how much ammo I have......:eusa_whistle:

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.

LMAO Me neither.

So this devastating, and in my opinion, unconstitutional gun legislation got rammed up our arses this past winter after a potential school shooting in Fair Haven, VT was narrowly averted (so it seems). Fair Haven shooting threat: 'By the grace of God' Vermont avoided disaster
Our VT Governor freaked out, opening the door to 'Finsteninian' gun legislation. I was very involved with our legislators on the House and Senate sides during the 'dust up'. Ultimately Constitutionalism lost out to the emotionally driven, liberal element in both the House and the Senate.

Lets assume that we're not dealing with newbies who don't yet have their semi auto handgun, battle rifle & pump shotgun. (If your wondering & don't have) buy the above, lol. NO, lets get a bit more esoteric, yet still practical here for the 2Aers who already have a full gun safe...
So, What to buy... (Oct. 1 Deadline) carte' blanche' until then on any long gun or handgun purchases with any size magazines in any quantities "external feeding devices"... VT is not the only state dealing with this quandary of being limited to x10 rounds for long guns and x 15 rounds for handguns; internal or external feeding devices. More states are to follow, regrettably... What would you buy, what would you advise your most loved ones to buy or gift to them before the law changes)...

Lets assume that one has to be calculating on their last minute purchases in any categories you care to opine on but particularly in the shotgun category as most staunch 2Aers already have their high cap Glocks, PX4 storms ect. etc. / they have their AR's / AK's etc. Shotguns though, most have an 870 / 535 pump variant & some hand me down break barrel sticks laying around.

State's legal team urges judge to throw out gun magazine limit lawsuit - VTDigger
Well it's not looking good for the 2Aers...
A load of ignorant nonsense.

So this devastating, and in my opinion, unconstitutional gun legislation got rammed up our arses this past winter after a potential school shooting in Fair Haven, VT was narrowly averted (so it seems). Fair Haven shooting threat: 'By the grace of God' Vermont avoided disaster
Our VT Governor freaked out, opening the door to 'Finsteninian' gun legislation. I was very involved with our legislators on the House and Senate sides during the 'dust up'. Ultimately Constitutionalism lost out to the emotionally driven, liberal element in both the House and the Senate.

Lets assume that we're not dealing with newbies who don't yet have their semi auto handgun, battle rifle & pump shotgun. (If your wondering & don't have) buy the above, lol. NO, lets get a bit more esoteric, yet still practical here for the 2Aers who already have a full gun safe...
So, What to buy... (Oct. 1 Deadline) carte' blanche' until then on any long gun or handgun purchases with any size magazines in any quantities "external feeding devices"... VT is not the only state dealing with this quandary of being limited to x10 rounds for long guns and x 15 rounds for handguns; internal or external feeding devices. More states are to follow, regrettably... What would you buy, what would you advise your most loved ones to buy or gift to them before the law changes)...

Lets assume that one has to be calculating on their last minute purchases in any categories you care to opine on but particularly in the shotgun category as most staunch 2Aers already have their high cap Glocks, PX4 storms ect. etc. / they have their AR's / AK's etc. Shotguns though, most have an 870 / 535 pump variant & some hand me down break barrel sticks laying around.

State's legal team urges judge to throw out gun magazine limit lawsuit - VTDigger
Youre funny !!

I DO already have my own semi-auto pistol. I bought one when I turned 21 back in college, the day I turned 21, on my birthday.

I DO already have my own battle rifle. I bought one back in 1976 when Ruger came out with their bicentennial edition of their Mini 14.

I DO already have my own riot pump shotgun. I bought one when I realized the collateral damage issue of 5.56x45 in urban and suburban settings.

YOU are too smart. And that makes you funny.

Thank you for your excellent post Sahba .

This is a state by state issue, as you know.

The harder Constitutional question is whether the 2nd Amendment or the 10th is controlling over the other. In other words, whether State's rights are more important than Gun rights?

There is no answer to this conflict in the Constitution.

While I lived in California I had to live with their 10 round mag limits.

10 rounds is plenty for a 45ACP or a 12 gauge riot shotgun or any hunting rifle.

For a semi auto battle rifle, just buy a sh!tpot full of mags, and an old WW2 M-1 Garand clip bandoleer. Problem solved.

I have not missed California since I saw it last in my rear view mirror.

Someone will have to drag Vermont to the Supreme Court. Supposedly, if he gets appointed, Kavanaugh is very pro 2nd.
I'll believe it when I see it. My personal opinion is that this man will do more harm to the 2nd Amendment than ever imagined.

I just have this gut feeling everyone has him wrong in spite of his past words or apparent actions. Time will tell.

Tennessee and Kentucky still have everything being banned in VT. Road trip time?
Both Kav and also Gorsuch before him are more in the line of Kennedy whom they each clerked for than either one of them is far right (strict constructionist) or far left (activist).

Future SCOTUS rulings after Kennedy with Cav and with Gors on the Court can easily go either way.

Most people don't realize that with the death of Scalia and the upcoming retirement of Kennedy, the Court has actually swung somewhat to the left (activist).

Last edited:

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.

I try to keep enough 45ACP ammo and 5.56x45 ammo on hand to supply me during a short war or invasion from Mexico or China by way of Canada.

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

Found a used one.
Current bid is $920.00.

I don't like a light fixed to my guns.

They give away your position.

And they are not as easy or fast to turn off as a light in your hand.

Sig's a great gun. A friend of mine just got one and it handles great.

I'm thinking of getting a Glock 17. Fits right in my hand and feels real good.

The Wife had a cow when she found out how much I paid for it with the RMR and tac light/laser.

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

The FNX .45 and my Sig AR15 are my two most expensive weapons at $2200.00 and $4500.00 after optics and modifications respectively.
In my mind it's worth it since they'll be the ones I'll rely on if shit gets nasty.
Everyone knows that Sig's are the most expensive and best guns made.

But Smith&Wesson's are not bad either.

And Ruger has been making some great affordable guns for a long time.

And most Americans have never heard of CZ but they are the lesser expensive guns but also with Sig quality.

When putin comes to take your weapons most of you will be dead anyway. So save yourself some headaches and enjoy life as a free man while you can.
I don't worry about Putin.

He is too busy eyeing Europe.

Plus he and Trump (Putin's understudy) are bud's.

I worry about China and Xi.

If the Japanese had done it right they could have invaded the USA in 1942. Nothing was stopping them.

If the Chinese do it right, at the right time, they can invade the USA thru Canada.

The Canucks cannot stop them.

California cannot stop them.

They would easily and quickly overrun Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, and get as far as the Great Basin.

Fortunately the Intermountain states and Midwest can stop them. There is a gun behind every blade of grass. And by then the Chinese would be low on ammo.

I only have 'wheel guns' and bolt actions and pump shot guns now.
Semi autos are for lazy people who willing to risk their lives using firearms that habitually jam.
If you can't get the job done with a wheel gun you sure as fuck aren't going to do it firing off rounds, most of which you have no idea where they are going.

I've put thousands of rounds through my FNX without a single jam. Same goes for my Sig AR.
1058506_01_fn_herstal_fnx_45_tactical_fde_640.jpg
I have put hundreds of rounds thru my Ruger Mini 14 and my CZ 97B 45ACP and each has only jammed once or twice.

Not worth it to me to pay thousands of dollars more then.

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

The FNX .45 and my Sig AR15 are my two most expensive weapons at $2200.00 and $4500.00 after optics and modifications respectively.
In my mind it's worth it since they'll be the ones I'll rely on if shit gets nasty.

And most Americans have never heard of CZ but they are the lesser expensive guns but also with Sig quality.

I know all about CZ's.
My Buddy has several. Not a bad pistol but nowhere near the quality of a Sig or FN.

Regular Price:
$1,269.99

I know all about CZ's.
My Buddy has several. Not a bad pistol but nowhere near the quality of a Sig or FN.
And nowhere near the cost of a Sig either.

Forum List

Back