What does living within your means really mean?

Heartless fucking cons.

make that your platform

Fucking, pathetic, NIPPLE HEAD ...
hahaha-024.gif

Where in the hell did that come from ? She must be Jrunk

My parents survived the Depression and their advice to us was to get an education, take a civil service job, avoid credit and debt except for a mortgage, invest in nothing but U.S. Savings Bonds and live within your means regardless of any temptation. I have followed that advice to the letter and it's served me well.

I charge things all the time and end up paying no iterest on them because I pay in full each month.

If your smart you use them instead of letting them use you

That is your risk and as far as I understand it that can hurt your credit score.

Actually anyone that tells you that is wrong. I've been doing this for years, paying off my credit cards in full every month, and when I found it was time to replace a vehicle I was told by more than one creditor that I had the highest credit rating they've ever seen. Yes, I financed my vehicle, but I also paid it off in under a year instead of the 6 years I was allowed by the finance company.

There is not truth to the belief that paying off your credit cards in full every month hurts your credit rating. It is simply false.

Rick

your correct.

and there are those who if they tried living within their means would starve to death

I think people are alot more resilent than you give them credit for.

A friend of mine works for the city water collection department. She tells me people come in begging for an extension on their water bill. But they will have their nails done jewelry on the latest weave, and be talking on the newest cell phone and already owe for two other past due months.

If YOUR MEANS are too small to meet basic human needs then you die

So what does a person do?

Get a job, get a better job, get two jobs, give up booze, give up cigarettes, any of those?

or

Live off other Taxpayers?

We can probably guess your answer :)

Goes without saying.

Truthsplatters believes in the producers paying for the poor and downtrodden. We should be overjoyed to pay our own bills along with theirs.

God forbid they take care of themselves. God forbid they actually work two jobs to take care of themselves. Shit. Might be nice if they had even one job.

how does that get done when you guys crashed the economy and so many cant get ONE job.

heartless fucking cons

My parents survived the Depression and their advice to us was to get an education, take a civil service job, avoid credit and debt except for a mortgage, invest in nothing but U.S. Savings Bonds and live within your means regardless of any temptation. I have followed that advice to the letter and it's served me well.

I grew up dirt poor farmer family was sharecroppers didn't even own the dirt or the house they lived on.

Get a job, get a better job, get two jobs, give up booze, give up cigarettes, any of those?

or

Goes without saying.

Truthsplatters believes in the producers paying for the poor and downtrodden. We should be overjoyed to pay our own bills along with theirs.

God forbid they take care of themselves. God forbid they actually work two jobs to take care of themselves. Shit. Might be nice if they had even one job.

how does that get done when you guys crashed the economy and so many cant get ONE job.

heartless fucking cons

Don't be silly, there are plenty of jobs out there just waiting for people to do them. Have you EVERY gone past a McDonalds and not seen a "Help Wanted" sign out front?

Just because people are unwilling to go out and do the jobs that are open doesn't mean that there aren't jobs out there to be had.

Rick

I charge things all the time and end up paying no iterest on them because I pay in full each month.

If your smart you use them instead of letting them use you

That is your risk and as far as I understand it that can hurt your credit score.

Actually anyone that tells you that is wrong. I've been doing this for years, paying off my credit cards in full every month, and when I found it was time to replace a vehicle I was told by more than one creditor that I had the highest credit rating they've ever seen. Yes, I financed my vehicle, but I also paid it off in under a year instead of the 6 years I was allowed by the finance company.

There is not truth to the belief that paying off your credit cards in full every month hurts your credit rating. It is simply false.

Rick

Well thank you, I buy nothing on credit and never have so thanks for the advice. I must have been thinking about buying something at like home depot, on their credit line. Then when you close the account (pay it off) the credit thingy takes a hit. Again, I'm not sure.

or

Goes without saying.

heartless fucking cons

My GOD... the IGNORANCE of the things you say is BEYOND DESCRIPTION or normal COMPREHENSION.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT you are ONE STUPID, BUBBLE HEADED, PISS FOR BRAINS, HALFWIT, IGNORAMUS.

You HAVE to be under the care of a hospice or NUT FARM.

SHEEEEEEZUZ MOTHER FUCKING CHRIST!!!

Got into a discussion with The Rabbi about this, he thinks a credit card of $3500 is still living within your means. That is apparently the average these days; I say it depends on your ability to pay it off. If you have an average income X, and you spend on average X, then you are living within your means. Some months you go over, some months you don't, it evens out over time. But if you're exceeding X in spending on a regular basis and your debt is growing, then you are not living within your means.

Don't buy things you can't afford, for example don't buy those $200 Jordans or that $1200 flat screen if you only make $10 an hour.

Rick

Well thank you, I buy nothing on credit and never have so thanks for the advice. I must have been thinking about buying something at like home depot, on their credit line. Then when you close the account (pay it off) the credit thingy takes a hit. Again, I'm not sure.

Now that is correct. Anytime you open and close an account your credit rating takes a hit.

Rick

Forum List

Back