What do you think about the way gender and sexual minorities are represented in the media?

I think in most cases it sends a positive message about being LGBT to people in that community. It serves as a great counter to the hate coming from the other side. Too many gay people are driven into depression and even to suicide by the ruthless bastards on the right. Thank goodness the media holds itself to a generally higher standard.
OOOOOooooooh! The SUICIDE card! (That'll shut down the opposition for sure!)

"Hate" defined in the LGBT cult dictionary: "any frank confrontation of fact that makes the LGBT cultees balk and speechless to defend their systems of denial/dogma"...

Last edited:
At least you're honest enough to admit your hate. 12 states to go btw.
Not according to the tally of state-defined marriage. More like JUST 12 states and 38 left to go..if states wish to use kids as lab rats to see how they do without a mother and father....

..oh...wait...don't we already have statistics on those kids vs those with both a mother and father?...

Pop culture media is mostly about marketability. We can hardly expect it to conform to our ethics a significant amount of the time.

I think in most cases it sends a positive message about being LGBT to people in that community. It serves as a great counter to the hate coming from the other side. Too many gay people are driven into depression and even to suicide by the ruthless bastards on the right. Thank goodness the media holds itself to a generally higher standard.
OOOOOooooooh! The SUICIDE card! (That'll shut down the opposition for sure!)

"Hate" defined in the LGBT cult dictionary: "any frank confrontation of fact that makes the LGBT cultees balk and speechless to defend their systems of denial/dogma"...

Learn to swim or sink like a stone bigot. No pictures of gay dudes from your hard drive for us today sil?

I wish the mainstream representation was just overall more accurate. I don't want to watch a movie with lesbian characters who end up sleeping with or in relationships with men. I think it makes it seem like women can't function without men and secretly just want the d.

"What do you think about the way gender and sexual minorities are represented in the media?"

The lie...? Which represents the respective genders as equal, and sexual deviants as sound reasoned, good hearted people with greater insight into the human condition than the rest of humanity?

It's a Deceit, FRAUDULENTLY advanced as a means to Influence the ignorant.

Pop culture media is mostly about marketability. We can hardly expect it to conform to our ethics a significant amount of the time.

But if it fails to conform to the ethics of a large segment of society, it will not be marketable.

The marketplace is diverse. There isn't anything that will not offend some people. Even something as innocuous as a Presbyterian minister playing make-believe:

LGBT is just a made up cause. Lesbians or gays or transsexuals , such a small minority. I am Gluten free anti peanut anti lactose, I am so anti whatever it will make your head spin. Pro GAY, not gonna happen.
not being anti gay can be different than being pro gay. I am a conservative. I don't give a rats ass what someone elses sexual preference is, so I am not anti gay. But that does not mean I am pro-gay. I don't go to gay rallies. I don't fight for gay rights. I just don't have an issue with it for it has absolutely no affect on my life whatsoever.

Forum List

Back