What do you see when you are out walking?

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
With Covid, I am having to spend a lot more solitary time doing things. Since mid-March, Iā€™ve been working from home, and for eight weeks I was furloughed. I spent that time doing a lot of hiking, with my dogs. In fact, Iā€™ve logged 300 miles of walking since the end of May when I was furloughed. I am blessed to live in WV, near beautiful hiking areas,rivers and the mountains. With the incredible cameras on cell phones now, I took a lot of pictures.

And got in touch with my inner and dormant, amateur naturalist.

All of us are impacted by the pandemic....what do you see when you are out walking?

With Covid, I am having to spend a lot more solitary time doing things. Since mid-March, Iā€™ve been working from home, and for eight weeks I was furloughed. I spent that time doing a lot of hiking, with my dogs. In fact, Iā€™ve logged 300 miles of walking since the end of May when I was furloughed. I am blessed to live in WV, near beautiful hiking areas,rivers and the mountains. With the incredible cameras on cell phones now, I took a lot of pictures.

And got in touch with my inner and dormant, amateur naturalist.

All of us are impacted by the pandemic....what do you see when you are out walking?

Most activities here are as they were. People out walking dogs, and on bicycles, kids playing in the yards, pickup games in the parks. No one wears a mask outside.

All stores and restaurants are open in town, as are fitness centers. Pedestrian and vehicle traffic is typical summer.

People wear masks where requested, more out of politeness than anxiety.

I'm usually at the golf course. THe most interesting thing there is a small group of coyotes who are very tame. They will just lay there under the trees and watch you hit balls. There is also a roadrunner who will come right up to you turn his head sideways and look at you. It's pretty funny.

I have seen a deer ambling across the street. A couple of weeks ago it was a tween age mountain lion. Not bothering anyone.

Usually it is numbers of children screaming, running around at top speed and depositing chalk artwork on the sidewalk. Two women in the neighborhood always complain about the noise and the mess. Lady you do not want to live someplace where the children do not play outside

In the 1970's, when the fitness movement was just getting started. We envisioned a world of the future with fit, tan, happy people jogging, walking, enjoying the outdoors in sculpted parks.

Unfortunately, we failed to predict the collective time sucks of video games, social media, and streaming entertainment that keeps us pinned to our couches.

Since the epidemic, I've seen a lot more people out on daily runs. Families out walking and riding bikes. People enjoying public parks for something other than drinking and drugs.

If this goes on long enough, we may start to enjoy the future we once predicted...

7bda288a828db46377ad88fa39b2fb01.jpg

In the 1970's, when the fitness movement was just getting started. We envisioned a world of the future with fit, tan, happy people jogging, walking, enjoying the outdoors in sculpted parks.

Unfortunately, we failed to predict the collective time sucks of video games, social media, and streaming entertainment that keeps us pinned to our couches.

Since the epidemic, I've seen a lot more people out on daily runs. Families out walking and riding bikes. People enjoying public parks for something other than drinking and drugs.

If this goes on long enough, we may start to enjoy the future we once predicted...

View attachment 376309
You should go to the river and see all the boozing going on while camping.

View attachment 376309

I've seen it. It's always been there. I'm seeing other things now as well.

View attachment 376309

I've seen it. It's always been there. I'm seeing other things now as well.
Unfortunately I have to see it until Sept 6th when the season ends.

I long to wear tiny shorts and a wife-beater again some day.

54ff8a27cb18d7b45b716c666da4ef26--magnum-pi-tom-selleck.jpg

View attachment 376309
Please bring back the shorts, tops, and dresses of that time!

I'm usually at the golf course. THe most interesting thing there is a small group of coyotes who are very tame. They will just lay there under the trees and watch you hit balls. There is also a roadrunner who will come right up to you turn his head sideways and look at you. It's pretty funny.
That is pretty cool! A roadrunner and coyote :lol:

View attachment 376309
Please bring back the shorts, tops, and dresses of that time!
And the uhhh...body types. No muffin tops...

Forum List

Back