What Do You Love (and Hate) About Autumn?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
For me I love all of the leaves changing color and the moderate temperatures. I also love the autumn holidays Halloween and Thanksgiving.

However, what I can't stand is all of the nuts falling off the trees. The sudden noises scare me. I also hate black walnuts. They leave such a mess and I'm afraid that it would hurt if one of those things hit me in the head.

Hunting season I'm just okay with. As long as it's done for food and not trophy hunting then it doesn't really upset me even though I'm not a hunter myself. It's no different than butchering pigs, cows, and chickens for consumption.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall! The crispy air, the crispy leaves, the crunch on the ground when you walk on the leaves. The colors YES!!!!!!!!!! I have been to Tennessee and it was gorgeous there! :)

I like the cooler weather in autumn but hate the shorter days. It starts getting dark at 6.

There are also not as many activities in the fall as in the summer

I love that it gets cool enough in the evening to wrap myself in a warm blanket and smoke a fat blunt on the deck.

Cooler evenings, the smell of wood smoke from chimneys and leaf burns, gun oil and hunting gear. Kids walking to school in brightly colored sweaters and back from school with them tied around their waist and shoulders. Fall dances and church revivals. Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

I like the idea of hibernation. Watch the ball come down, go to bed, and wake up in April

Bears have right idea.

True, since I'm pretty busy other times of the year in the nicer weather, I like doing a whole bunch of doing nothing in the wintertime too and snuggling up with a warm fuzzy blanket. :)

Cooler evenings, the smell of wood smoke from chimneys and leaf burns,

I love those smells. Also I can't wait until next autumn/fall when Trump beats Biden's diapered butt. (If he's even going to run again that is.)

For me I love all of the leaves changing color and the moderate temperatures. I also love the autumn holidays Halloween and Thanksgiving.

However, what I can't stand is all of the nuts falling off the trees. The sudden noises scare me. I also hate black walnuts. They leave such a mess and I'm afraid that it would hurt if one of those things hit me in the head.

Hunting season I'm just okay with. As long as it's done for food and not trophy hunting then it doesn't really upset me even though I'm not a hunter myself. It's no different than butchering pigs, cows, and chickens for consumption.
The change of colors, the cooling mornings, the migration of hummingbirds south, the shadows and colors on the mountains to the south and east, the late summer and early fall blooms.

The fall means that Christmas is getting closer, but the cold weather only means a bigger chance of getting hit with seasonal sicknesses which is what happened to me last year. I was sick with strep throat during my entire week off from work which was during Thanksgiving Day week. I pray hard that history does not repeat itself.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back