What do you eat?

Just about anything except for liver and onions and those little fish on pizza. Oh, yeah, kitties when they are in season. (wink, wink)
I'm with you on the liver and onions thing. I could never eat that even when I was younger. I do eat meat so it's not like I'm totally meat free. I'm just very picky.

I quit eatting liver and onions just as soon as I got to big for my mother to paddle my bottom.

I disagree with any diet that alters what you are going to realistically going to eat after the diet. Better to focus on reducing your portions and number of times you consume foods that can cause you issues. Also, educating yourself on better choices.

I was eating a taco salad from Taco Bell, because I thought it was good for me. It was vegetables and low calories right? Nope, 800 calories. Subway subs that are low insalt are a better choice. Now I know and use that useful information.

I have found oatmeal in premeasured packets is fast and holds me very well until lunch.

Salads are great, but if you're trying to lose weight, don't forget to read the labels on the salad dressings. Many are high in sugar, fat and calories.

I like a vingerette myself. Also, make sure you don't use just iceberg lettuce, since it doesn't have many nutrients. I use a lot of butter leaf and spinach in my salads, along with different veggies.

Salads are great, but if you're trying to lose weight, don't forget to read the labels on the salad dressings. Many are high in sugar, fat and calories.

I like a vingerette myself. Also, make sure you don't use just iceberg lettuce, since it doesn't have many nutrients. I use a lot of butter leaf and spinach in my salads, along with different veggies.

Check out the calories per serving of butter to margerine to sour cream. Same sort of deal.

Almost all salads in fast food settings are not going to be a good choice.

No ground beef with a fat content LESS THAN 80%?

Lardburgers!

Or how to turn a hamburger patty into a meatball.

The first things to go when starting a new diet;
1) sugary,sweet sodas
2) 90% of the fast foods
3) reduction of salt intake
4) gradual phase out of diet sodas
5) no more white bread
6) moratotium on refined white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
7)no food that has a sodium content greater then 21% RDI
8)moratorium on excessive fried foods
9) no ground beef with a fat content less then 80%
10) phase out raw sugar
Things to ass to achieve slow, but gradual weight loss
1) dietary suppliments that boosts the metabolism so the body can burn off energy instead of conversion into body fat
2) wholesome, nutrientdence foods such as fesh vegetables and fruits
3) drink more water, or freshly brewed teas with lemon
4) use of seasonings that aide in the burning of body fat and raises the metabolism
5) organic foods when affordable from farmer's markets
6) buy breads that do not use hfcs (high fructose corn syrup), or other cheap sweeteners. whole wheat, multi-grain, 7 grain breads are ok
7) more more by simply walking and smaller portions unless it's a salad then that's ok (salad portions that are meatless (i.e. no bacon bits, or bacon pieces)are ok in large portions
8) stevia as a sweetener in lieu of sugar9) any kind of fruit smoothie, or fruit juices that use fruit juices as a sweetener are ok.

I like what the "Eat This, Not That" people say about food: keep it simple. If it has too many ingredients - or, God forbid, ingredients you don't recognize and can't pronounce - DON'T EAT IT. The simpler you keep your food, the healthier it's going to be.

I love a good spinach salad. Chop up a plum and a red onion onto it, sprinkle on some feta cheese and pecans, and grapeseed oil with raspberry vinegar makes a wonderful dressing.

I'm a veggie guy. I love vegetables and fresh fruit. And thanks for the input. Also, what I wrote is for someone who's looking for something. Different other then the trend diets. I also use dietary suppliments and herbs that are multi-functional in nature.

I'm a veggie guy. I love vegetables and fresh fruit. And thanks for the input. Also, what I wrote is for someone who's looking for something. Different other then the trend diets. I also use dietary suppliments and herbs that are multi-functional in nature.

The great thing about the antioxidant "diet" is that it's less of a diet than a really delicious way of regular eating.

Sorry, I stumbled into the wrong thread, I thought this was the 'What type of woman do you like to eat thread."

Sorry, I stumbled into the wrong thread, I thought this was the 'What type of woman do you like to eat thread."

That would be an interesting thread.....
picture-118.png

Tepesquintle, rabbit,chicken, tilapia, pacu,guapaote, freshwater lobster, snook and about 40 different kinds of tropical fruits and nuts.
Plus every vegetable you can name and many you never heard of.
I eat roughly 5 oz.s of super lean meat per day.
I eat pounds and pounds of fruit and veggies per day.
I'm munching on mamonchino/rambutan as I type.I had an avocado/tomato/onion salad with a hard boiled egg and a mango smoothie for breakfast.
No soda. No white flour products.. No fake oil.No refined sugar.

Sometimes a little bearded clam as a late night snack.:tongue:

Tepesquintle, rabbit,chicken, tilapia, pacu,guapaote, freshwater lobster, snook and about 40 different kinds of tropical fruits and nuts.
Plus every vegetable you can name and many you never heard of.
I eat roughly 5 oz.s of super lean meat per day.
I eat pounds and pounds of fruit and veggies per day.
I'm munching on mamonchino/rambutan as I type.I had an avocado/tomato/onion salad with a hard boiled egg and a mango smoothie for breakfast.
No soda. No white flour products.. No fake oil.No refined sugar.

Sometimes a little bearded clam as a late night snack.:tongue:
I'm with you on the no soda rule. Soda/ soft drinks are hazardous to your health. Perhaps at one time when they used actual sugar as an ingredience, but not now.

Forum List

Back