What did you do (or still doing) when we were all shut in ???

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
What did you do for fun, entertainment, or to keep busy when we were all made to be shut-ins, or work from home?

I used to have hobbies, but they got so freeking expensive, I just couldn't afford them anymore.
I pretty much just played computer games and watch videos.

Find new cooking recipes! cook new meals!.....watch documentaries online.... read some books.... things like that :biggrin:

What did you do for fun, entertainment, or to keep busy when we were all made to be shut-ins, or work from home?

I used to have hobbies, but they got so freeking expensive, I just couldn't afford them anymore.
Target practice at the range was fun. We weren't all that shut in, except for the two time the health department had me quarantine for for a couple of weeks. We didn't vacation last year after ski season, but that was because I didn't want to travel and catch covid again.

I went to a lot of stores and walked in without a mask and walked around until a mask enforcer was stuck having to tell me to wear it.

I have a large garden, collect coins, walk in the woods, play with my dogs, play video games(although that term is an ancient term), watch a few streamed history shows to keep up with my sociology studies, I work part time doing security at a camp site during the summer and do masonry repair and maint. during the other periods if I feel like it..I do research into electronics and electrical operations and research along with literary endeavors that I feel like creating or participating in..My youngest son just graduated high school and is preparing for college so I am spending time with him before he leaves me alone, again, like we exist before life starts.

Last edited:

I have a large garden, collect coins, walk in the woods, play with my dogs, play video games(although that term is an ancient term), watch a few streamed history shows to keep up with my sociology studies, I work part time doing security at a camp site during the summer and do masonry repair and maint. during the other periods if I feel like it..I do research into electronics and electrical operations and research along with literary endeavors that I feel like creating or participating in..My youngest son just graduated high school and is preparing for college so I am spending time with him before he leaves me alone, again, like we exist before life starts.

All while posting here 45 times a day?

Being retired and living in a rural area it didn't make much difference in our lifestyle. I didn't know masks were mandatory until I was stopped at the door at Walmart. I understand that lots of folks are so used to unemployment insurance that they are reluctant to go back to work. Lots of signs up for help wanted but few takers.

I decided it was a good time to learn Spanish with the border bringing in record numbers of Spanish speaking people who may have trouble understanding English and Texas colloquialisms. Not sure it'll ever do any good as I am a senior citizen, but as Emily Dickson said..."If I can ease one heart from aching, I shall not have lived in vain."

Same thing that I am doing now except realizing that many of places I went and things that I used to do are now gone.

Now, I will return to being out and about during the summer.

I started doing some product photography. I wasn't doing it for the money, but just for the fun of it. I'd photograph watches, cameras, etc, just to do it.

I also spent a lot of time going back through external hard drives and re-editing photos that I haven't looked at in, maybe, ten years. It's interesting to look at the ones I edited ten years ago and compare them to the ones I do now.

I've gotten pretty handy in the kitchen, although I still tend to eat out a lot of the time.

Other than that, I pretty much get sucked up into a You Tube vortex on occasion...

We did exactly what we intended before anyone knew about the virus. We traveled the country in our motorhome. The virus didn’t change any of our plans. Of course we had to mask and found many places closed, but the roadways and resorts were wonderfully less crowded.

Last edited:

We did exactly what we intended before anyone knew about the virus. We traveled the country in our motorhome. The virus didn’t change any of our plans. Of course we had to mask and found many places closed, but the roadways and resorts were wonderfully less crowded.

I did a two week road trip last year and, despite a lot of places being closed, I still had a blast...

Forum List

Back