What country do you want to visit?

For all you people contemplating going to brasil. The Philadelphia Eagles are playing on September 6 in Sao Paulo at Corinthians Stadium. Opening game of the season and it is on a Friday. The team they play not announced yet. Get your visit and get your football if interested.

I wonder if that is a domed stadium? Probably going to be awful hot playing in pads and helmets in Sao Paulo.

not really. September is late winter in the southern hemisphere and the average high is in the 70's.

I've been all over Europe and seen all the countries I cared to see (plus some that I could have omitted), but haven't been to Ireland yet and it's definitely on my bucket list. I prefer to drive when possible on vacation, but I didn't in England/Scotland/Wales, and I don't think I would want to in Ireland. Wrong side of the road, and all that.

I understand Ireland can be done on a reasonable budget, so I would expect to do it this year or next.

The actual next place on my list is a driving tour with stops at Mackinac Island and Thunder Bay, Ontario. I'm trying to confirm that I will be able to find Tesla Superchargers (or alternates) for the entire trip. Otherwise, I'll take my SUV.

You will have to take the ferry to Mackinac island, where you can take a horse driven carriage, walk, or ride a bike when there. I would suggest you don't pay an exorbitant price for a room there unless you are staying at the Grand Hotel. The main street is very crowded and consists primarily of fudge shops and ice cream stores, with some T-shirt shops, restaurants and bars.

Very touristy and very crowded at peak season. Hotels are old and dated and very expensive. Grand Hotel is truly a beautiful hotel, has this massive front porch that I believe is the longest porch in the country. Some pretty cool history to explore there, the first millionaire in America made his fortune right there in the fur trade. We spent a few nights at St. Ignace and a few nights at a small, cramped, and overpriced hotel on the island.

Forum List

Back