What Book Are You Reading Now?

Bonnie said:
That's a great book!! Cmon the trick is to really feel Heathcliff's angst :read:

Haven't read that one, but the other Bronte sisters wrote wonderful books. Loved them, especially Jane Eyre. I love Jane Austen too.

Said1 said:
Haven't read that one, but the other Bronte sisters wrote wonderful books. Loved them, especially Jane Eyre. I love Jane Austen too.

It's my favorite one. Many find Heathcliff hard to take but to me he's intriguing. In fact the movie starring Juliet Binoche and Ralph Fiennes is excellent, very passionate, romantic version.

Bonnie said:
It's my favorite one. Many find Heathcliff hard to take but to me he's intriguing. In fact the movie starring Juliet Binoche and Ralph Fiennes is excellent, very passionate, romantic version.

dang I thought I heard someone mention Juliet Binoche !!!!!!!!!! :ssex:

How To Talk To A Liberal (If you must) by Ann Coulter. HILARIOUS!!! :teeth: :teeth:

TheEnemyWithin said:
How To Talk To A Liberal (If you must) by Ann Coulter. HILARIOUS!!! :teeth: :teeth:

I have that one but haven't read it yet. I'm waiting till my finals are over.

TheEnemyWithin said:
I read that one too.... but.... I didn't enjoy it as much as her other books, since it is just a compilation of her columns.....

still, she comes up with a lot of good one liners and makes a lot of good points.....

alias said:
Some questions:
What book are you reading now?
BOOKS? I DON'T HAVE TIME ON ACCOUNT OF CHATROOMS LIKE THIS ONE.

Do you read for education or entertainment? Both? Mostly one or the other?
I'M WITH YOU- 80% ENTERTAINMENT.

How many books do you read per month?
SEE ABOVE.

How do you decide what to read? Does your reading concentrate on a particular subject?
I LIKE HISTORY AND SCIENCE ALSO; PHYSICS MOSTLY IN SCIENCE, EVEN THOUGH I HATED THE SUBJECT IN SCHOOL, AND WAS LOUSY AT IT.

Do your friends read very much?
NOT MUCH.

The new Tom Wolfe book, “I Am Charlotte Simmons.”
I HAVE FOUND TIME THIS YEAR TO READ ALL WOLFE'S FICTION, INCLUDING "CHARLOTTE". GOSH, I FELT SORRY FOR HER.

Over in the History Quiz thread Mr. KarlMarx was blasting
what I thought to be 120 mph fastball questions out of the ballpark,
and his answers were coming too fast to have been googled, I think.

I finally stumped him with a question about an undeservedly obscure
scientist named Max Born.

I was in Barnes & Noble Sunday, and ran across a new biography
of Prof. Born: The End of the Certain World. That was a book I had to have; I'm reading it now.

onedomino said:
The Troubles: Ireland 1966-96 - Tim Pat Coogan

I have a giant book on the IRA by this guy, which I bought on a lark. I haven't read it all. His writing style is really dry, but he's supposed to be some big expert. What's his background?

Clive Cussler
Trojan Oddesy (sp?)

Love the historical mingling with adventure. CC rocks.

3001 The Final Odyssey - Arthur C. Clarke

The conclusion to the series that included the books: 2001, 2010, and 2061.

Forum List

Back