What are your earliest memories?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
My brother and dad confirmed my memory that I sang Bozo the Clown at my baptism. I was around 2.5 years old. I thought that was young but New research shows that our earliest memories may begin at age 2.5, about a year sooner than previously thought. How far back you can remember depends on a long line-up of factors, including your culture, gender, family, and the way in which you're asked to recall memories.

I may remember a few other things from this age but I don't remember how old I was. I may find out I was 3 or 4 when those things happened.

I sort of remember being a baby. I mean, a baby. And opening the screen door and it was winter. I remember iBt dawned on me that I'd be dead if I was ever stuck out in it. But I was also testing myself. Like I was in a diaper and putting my bare foot in the snow. I wonder how much of that actually happened or was it just a dream?

Anyways, I can say I remember things when I was in my terrible 2's. Can you?

My brother and dad confirmed my memory that I sang Bozo the Clown at my baptism. I was around 2.5 years old. I thought that was young but New research shows that our earliest memories may begin at age 2.5, about a year sooner than previously thought. How far back you can remember depends on a long line-up of factors, including your culture, gender, family, and the way in which you're asked to recall memories.

I may remember a few other things from this age but I don't remember how old I was. I may find out I was 3 or 4 when those things happened.

I sort of remember being a baby. I mean, a baby. And opening the screen door and it was winter. I remember iBt dawned on me that I'd be dead if I was ever stuck out in it. But I was also testing myself. Like I was in a diaper and putting my bare foot in the snow. I wonder how much of that actually happened or was it just a dream?

Anyways, I can say I remember things when I was in my terrible 2's. Can you?
I have a clear memory of being in a stroller or maybe in a bassinet. There was a gauzy film over it (maybe netting to stop mosquitoes). The sun was shining. The sunlight filtered through green leaves of the trees, up high. This gave a moving mottled effect of light and shadow on the netting.

Not the slightest clue as to why this particular moment stuck in my mind from so far back in time. I’m not sure how old I was, but I had to be less than 2.

I have a clear memory of being in a stroller or maybe in a bassinet. There was a gauzy film over it (maybe netting to stop mosquitoes). The sun was shining. The sunlight filtered through green leaves of the trees, up high. This gave a moving mottled effect of light and shadow on the netting.

Not the slightest clue as to why this particular moment stuck in my mind from so far back in time. I’m not sure how old I was, but I had to be less than 2.
Who knows why these particular moments in history stick out in our minds.

I remember my brother's godfather. I should have been in bed but i was looking into the kitchen and I caught his eye and he smiled. I must have been in my 2's.

I remember summertime in the hood. Detroit 1973. The sounds. The neighbors. The heat. The city lights. Very nostalgic. I was watching a movie yesterday called The Wood. It was about 3 young black men who grew up in Englewood California. The ghetto.

When I was 3-Years Old, playing on porch I looked across the bayou I saw the burning cross of a Klan meeting. I called Mom, she made me go inside. I was about the cross and she, "Small men with small minds showing off they don't know"

When I was 3-Years Old, playing on porch I looked across the bayou I saw the burning cross of a Klan meeting. I called Mom, she made me go inside. I was about the cross and she, "Small men with small minds showing off they don't know"
I'm sure I have memories from when I was late 1 or early 2 and I just can't confirm the age. It doesn't matter really. I was just happy to learn yesterday that I can remember something that absolutely happened when I was 2. My baptism.

I believe I remember Five and Dimes when was really young

For some reason I can remember everything from around the time that I was two or three. I kind of have a photographic memory. It's weird.

I grew up in the hills, though. Didn't have tap water or grocery store food o rany kind of junk food/fast food until I was in my late teens. We drank from the spring that came outta the mountain just a few yards from the home. Ate from the river, which was next to the spring, and from the garden and the fruit and nut trees, and the wild game.

I think that has a lot to do with it.

I remember sitting by myself in a wild strawberry field up the holler when I was around two or three. Face completely red. lol.

I'm really surprised a fukin bear or panther didn't eat me. I was pretty free-range very early on. lol. But I imagine that someone was likely around and watching me from a distance.

I'm sure I have memories from when I was late 1 or early 2 and I just can't confirm the age. It doesn't matter really. I was just happy to learn yesterday that I can remember something that absolutely happened when I was 2. My baptism.

I believe I remember Five and Dimes when was really young

I have no early memories. I see pictures of me on a beach and I have no recollection of it.

I recall my aunt showing me some family photos and there was a photo of a skinny handsome kid who was 19 in the photo. I asked her who that guy was and she told me it was me. I was floored.

My earliest memory is probably as a kid in diapers, but there were blurs during periods of my life I suppose.

For some reason I can remember everything from around the time that I was two or three. I kind of have a photographic memory. It's weird.

I grew up in the hills, though. Didn't have tap water or grocery store food o rany kind of junk food/fast food until I was in my late teens. We drank from the spring that came outta the mountain just a few yards from the home. Ate from the river, which was next to the spring, and from the garden and the fruit and nut trees, and the wild game.

I remember sitting by myself in a wild strawberry field up the holler when I was around two or three. Face completely red. lol.

I'm really surprised a fukin bear or panther didn't eat me. I was pretty free-range very early on. lol. But I imagine that someone was likely around and watching me from a distance.
Yea that would be hard to forget.

But even you have certain days that for some reason stick out. Like, why do you remember that one particular day when your face was red from berrys? You don't remember every day of that week.

We all have these days. Nothing particularly special about them but for some reason that day stuck. That memory or that event was retained in our memories.

You messed-up on your Hick Speak.....Everyone calls a Panther a Painter. ;)

1. Regional Differences

One exception to the rules for using “panther” and “painter” is regional differences. In some parts of the world, the terms may be used differently than in others. For example, in some regions, “panther” may be used to refer specifically to the black panther, while in other regions it may refer to any large cat with a dark coat.

Similarly, “painter” may be used to refer specifically to the North American cougar in some regions, while in others it may refer to any type of wild cat.

1. Regional Differences

One exception to the rules for using “panther” and “painter” is regional differences. In some parts of the world, the terms may be used differently than in others. For example, in some regions, “panther” may be used to refer specifically to the black panther, while in other regions it may refer to any large cat with a dark coat.

Similarly, “painter” may be used to refer specifically to the North American cougar in some regions, while in others it may refer to any type of wild cat.

Yeah, I rurn lotsa words. lol..

I remember the first time I ever had a soda.

I was probably around 16.

It was a Tab. I donlt remember who gave it to me, though. Some other kid.

That thing gave me the most excrutiating headache that I can remember ever having. And it took a long time to go away.

I think it might have been the fake sweetner they put in that stuff.

1. Regional Differences

Yeah, it was the black ones. I do remember that. They used to scream at night. Sounded like a woman being murdered.

Yeah, it was the black ones. I do remember that. They used to scream at night. Sounded like a woman being murdered.
Since we did not have any around back then any big cat was called a Wildcat. Of course the biggest around at the time were Bobcats.....A big house cat crosses the road in front of someone at night and it was "I saw a huge wildcat last night!"

I didn't see a Cougar in the wild till the late 90s. Two late afternoons running. The first time it was up on a drag road about 200 yards above my deer stand. The second late afternoon it came down the same drag road but then dropped down and walked under my stand, hit another drag road below me and moved out to the east on it.

I never will forget it's tail, as long and big around as a softball bat.....Beautiful animal. Never saw another. Of course the state still claims there aren't any in Virginia. ;)

I was hunting the top of a mountain that borders the Shenandoah National Park so for here in the east it was pretty remote.

Since we did not have any around back then any big cat was called a Wildcat. Of course the biggest around at the time were Bobcats.....A big house cat crosses the road in front of someone at night and it was "I saw a huge wildcat last night!"

I didn't see a Cougar in the wild till the late 90s. Two late afternoons running. The first time it was up on a drag road about 200 yards above my deer stand. The second late afternoon it came down the same drag road but then dropped down and walked under my stand, hit another drag road below me and moved out to the east on it.

I never will forget it's tail, as long and big around as a softball bat.....Beautiful animal. Never saw another. Of course the state still claims there aren't any in Virginia. ;)

I was hunting the top of a mountain that borders the Shenandoah National Park so for here in the east it was pretty remote.
They're there.

Where I grew up was Shady Valley, TN on 144 acres. But I could walk into Damascus, Va. Just had to cross the mountain.

I remember the first time I ever had a soda.

I was probably around 16.

It was a Tab. I donlt remember who gave it to me, though. Some other kid.

That thing gave me the most excrutiating headache that I can remember ever having. And it took a long time to go away.

I think it might have been the fake sweetner they put in that stuff.
You think?

saccharin

Reactions can include:
  • Headaches.
  • Breathing difficulties.
  • Diarrhoea and.
  • Skin problems.

You think?

saccharin

Reactions can include:
  • Headaches.
  • Breathing difficulties.
  • Diarrhoea and.
  • Skin problems.

Yeah. I learned that years later. Ha. I haven't had a soda in years now.

I think that was Donald Rumsfeld's shady conconction, wasn't it?

One of those artificial sweetners wer anyway. Maybe it was aspartame with him.

Actually, I just looked. This was the forst search result for Rumsfeld Aspartame...

Forum List

Back