What are you listening to?

Lars's commentary here rings true to this very day.

"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say"

I know I don't. I have older stuff than that, though.

Me too. I have LPs from the 1960s that still look and play like new. But for a while there in the 1980s, I experimented with some new age music from the likes of people like Gary Newman, Kraftwerk, Talking Heads (pretty good), Devo, The Smiths, the B-52s (excellent), and probably a few others.

Me too. I have LPs from the 1960s that still look and play like new. But for a while there in the 1980s, I experimented with some new age music from the likes of people like Gary Newman, Kraftwerk, Talking Heads (pretty good), Devo, The Smiths, the B-52s (excellent), and probably a few others.
I got 78s from the 30s.

Xavier Cugat n Duke Ellington n Satchmo (Louis Armstrong) stuff. Oh dammit! What's the main dude? Artie Shaw, yeah.

Eddy Arnold "Cool Water", I really like that one.

That's probably from the 50s.

I like that Eddy Arnold. :dunno:

Last edited:
I got 78s from the 30s.
All of my grandmother's 78's went to my uncle. All very scratched up and poor sound quality anyway.

Xavier Cugat n Duke Ellington n Satchmo (Louis Armstrong) stuff. Oh dammit! What's the main dude? Artie Shaw, yeah.
Eddy Arnold "Cool Water", I really like that one.
That's probably from the 50s.
I like that Eddy Arnold.
I have some BB but not too much. Have you ever listened to Maynard Ferguson? I was a big fan of his and even got to meet him once.

All of my grandmother's 78's went to my uncle. All very scratched up and poor sound quality anyway.

I have some BB but not too much. Have you ever listened to Maynard Ferguson? I was a big fan of his and even got to meet him once.
I don't think so, but I am damn stuck on the Eddy Arnold right now.
I'm a go look @ the 78s just for you.
Idk man, things were NOT where I thought they were..I found "Lucky Millinder" and "Les Brown".

That ain't the main stuff. :nono:
Lotta Nat King Cole and Artie Shaw and like that 'round there.

Last edited:
Mandatory Sunday AM War Pigs:

Who knew Tony and Ozzy were this deep? :dunno:

Epic song! Full of truth and it rocks, too.

Forum List

Back