What are you listening to?

I'm listing to a scratchy prerecorded hold AI music for my Credit Union, interrupted every 30 seconds with "Your call is important to us, Please stand by for the next customer agent." --- for 15 minutes.

I'm listing to a scratchy prerecorded hold AI music for my Credit Union, interrupted every 30 seconds with "Your call is important to us, Please stand by for the next customer agent." --- for 15 minutes.
Put it on speaker and go about your business..we've all been there, and hate it.
Often the music is George Benson or Spyro Gyra-esque, but not that good.
I know the music you're talking about. I think it's a package they buy.

Here it is! The worst one!

I think the guy that writes "The Goldbergs" did this on a keyboard in his garage in the 80s.

Last edited:
Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Good stuff. I actually have a somewhat vast collection of North African and Middle Eastern music. I started getting into it way back in the mid-90s. I'm not a Muslim myself, but when the 9/11 events happened and half the people in America webt absolutely psycho on anything that remotely seemed like it was from the Middle East, I stopped playing my music publicly for a while.

Killing Me Softly With His Song {DJ Spinna Remix} - Roberta Flack

Great song

FnMcrkNaAAAD14-

Last edited:

Forum List

Back