What are you listening to?

Here is another singer who would surely improve todays' musical offerings
Pearl was something else.

I've been on a huge Fahey kick lately. His style is just so impressive—incorporating country, blues, and modern classical sensibilities. It's incredible.

Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

Somewhere in this thread I probably have commented that my favourite band ever are The Fall. There since I was about 8 years old has not been a day that I have not listened to something by The Fall, until January 24 2018 when I was told that Mark E. Smith had died this effectively ended The Fall as he WAS The Fall and the death of Mark E. Smith had an immense effect on me that I have not been able to listen to The Fall since, then this afternoon I had the feeling I must resume listening to The Fall again.

The Fall "Cruiser's Creek" released on "7 in 1985 on Beggars Banquet Records the B Side is "L.A."

The Fall "The Man Whose Head Expanded" released on "7 in 1983 on Rough Trade Records the B Side is "Ludd Gang"

Last edited:
Earlier I was listening to Béla Bartók "String Quartet No. 5", on the record player.

You Tube being amazing, they have all of Bartók's String Quartet's uploaded.

The painting in the background of course, this is Wassily Kandinsky's "Composition VIII" from 1923, Kandinsky's early Bauhaus period....I love Kandinsky, one of my favourite artists.

This is the Allegro from "String Quartet No. 5":

Then I listened to Imarhan, who are Tuareg from Algeria and are on City Slang Records which is owned and run by some friends of our's in Berlin:

City Slang Records

Imarhan

The whole Imarhan album is completely astonishing.

This is Imarhan's song "Tahabort" which is amazing, incredibly intricate guitar work and in general just extraordinary noise, they're on tour throughout Europa this month and also March, we must go and watch them do their thing:

Edited to add comment.

angel vivaldi

sarah longfield

Forum List

Back