What are the chances of the Senate flipping in 2016?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....

Bearing in mind 5 factors that may impact such chances:

1. The number of seats that will have to be defended next year
2. The fact that its also a presidential election year (thereby increasing voters' turnout)
3. The increasing number of Hispanic/Latino voters
4. The "report card" as to how congress, in general, has performed in the last 4 years.....and
5. The changing general "mood" of the electorate

Just your opinion on the chances of the Senate "flipping" back to democrat majority in 2016....

2. The fact that its also a presidential election year (thereby increasing voters' turnout)
4. The "report card" as to how congress, in general, has performed in the last 4 years.....and
What real difference would it make? We're not going to benefit regardless. We haven't benefitted in the past half century, so what will change? It becomes a moot point. It just makes for laughable conversations and equally laughable debates.

I noticed number 3.

How many illegals do you figure will vote Dummycrap?

I noticed number 3.

Well, if the powers that be have their way - 100% of them will.

The Senate will flip, but the bigots of the south will hold their seats in the House.

Zero chance. The Democrats have no one they can run. They destroyed a generation of rising politicians with Obamacare and other Dem disasters. Harry Reid will be replaced by an equally old and ethically challenged Chuck Schumer. The bargain that made the Dems take Congress in 2006 has been repealed. They will continue to lose.

The chances of the Senate flipping?

With wages actually falling under Obama, combined with his foreign policy disasters, I would say about equal to the chance of Obama winning a third term.

I noticed number 3.

With the exception of California....most "illegals" have settled in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.....Those are, for the most part, red states....Do you think that illegal voters have wrongfully voted for the tea partiers....by mistake?

What real difference would it make? We're not going to benefit regardless. We haven't benefitted in the past half century, so what will change? It becomes a moot point. It just makes for laughable conversations and equally laughable debates.

I Strongly suspect that no matter WHAT system we were in, no matter who was in charge, no matter what the economics of this Country -- You still wouldn't "benefit"

And we both know why, don't we :dunno:

I Strongly suspect that no matter WHAT system we were in, no matter who was in charge, no matter what the economics of this Country -- You still wouldn't "benefit"

I strongly disagree. Everyone would greatly benefit from a pro-America government seated in Washington. We would all benefit tremendously if we had a truly representative government leading this nation and her citizens. We'd have a true system of justice, equal and fair taxation, affordable health care and higher education, an adequate number of self-supporting living wage jobs, minimal poverty and homelessness, no senseless deadly costly wars, a first class infrastructure, plants and factories on almost every street corner like the old days, the majority of families would be home owners, our prisons wouldn't be luxury living, foreign aid would be strictly by genuine need only, immigrants would be forced to go through the legal process, folks would be able to work and save for retirement years, and other benefits.

Nat

You say the illegals are primarily heading to red states? The very states that are fighting Obama's illegal amnesty and want to deport them?

Wow, they're picking deportation over the Democrats, so it's apparent they even think the Democrats are a joke.:badgrin:

Nat

You say the illegals are primarily heading to red states? The very states that are fighting Obama's illegal amnesty and want to deport them?

Wow, they're picking deportation over the Democrats, so it's apparent they even think the Democrats are a joke.:badgrin:

You may have noticed that in what I wrote, there was a hefty dose of sarcasm.....The whole idea of "illegals" voting and handing over the reins of government, is a convenient but moronic assertion by right wingers.

I noticed number 3.

With the exception of California....most "illegals" have settled in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Florida.....Those are, for the most part, red states....Do you think that illegal voters have wrongfully voted for the tea partiers....by mistake?

You're forgetting Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.....but New Mexico and Florida are mostly Blue, possibly purple states.

I noticed number 3.

You're forgetting Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.....but New Mexico and Florida are mostly Blue, possibly purple states.

You're entitled to your opinion, but NOT your own facts.

Map Illegal immigrant population by state.

5.png

I strongly disagree. Everyone would greatly benefit from a pro-America government seated in Washington. We would all benefit tremendously if we had a truly representative government leading this nation and her citizens. We'd have a true system of justice, equal and fair taxation, affordable health care and higher education, an adequate number of self-supporting living wage jobs, minimal poverty and homelessness, no senseless deadly costly wars, a first class infrastructure, plants and factories on almost every street corner like the old days, the majority of families would be home owners, our prisons wouldn't be luxury living, foreign aid would be strictly by genuine need only, immigrants would be forced to go through the legal process, folks would be able to work and save for retirement years, and other benefits.

Utopianism is an inherently marxist viewpoint found mostly in the juvenile college kid.

Nothing and nobody is perfect. Not me, not you, not our wives, girlfriends, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, politicians and most of all -- Our Country.

The Founding Fathers understood that. Adults understand that. Nothing is perfect.

Given a choice, the mature individual chooses what most resembles his/her ideology and doesn't sit around crying like a BITCH because everything doesn't go his way.

That is worse, IMO, than the enemy of this Country and of humanity in general -- the dimocrap scum.

At least we can fight them, we can contest them. They stand and are counted.

All people like you (liberturdians mostly) do is sit on the sidelines and bitch like little, pre-pubescent girls about how unfair life is because they haven't grown breasts yet.

GROW THE FUCK UP

or get lost. All the same to me

Forum List

Back