What are some of your favorite songs by the rock group, Rush?

Thread has been cleaned. Music forum is for people to enjoy and share music. It is a sacred space. It is NOT for flaming, putting people down or fighting. Save that for Politics.
Piss off, bitch.
(if you call yourself Coyote, then you have no room to bitch about people calling you a bitch. You asked for it, you short skirted asking for it bitch)

Enjoy this..bitch

You didn't know Coyote was the singer in a Rush tribute band ?

Her stage name is Rocky.

Geddy Lee does kinda sing like a girl.

Maybe they are one of those fag bands like the Village People, Judas Priest or Queen.

Not sure about Alex's personal life, but Geddy Lee is not gay either.

Not that it matters. Generally I only care about the music....like Rob Halford, Freddie Mercury and Elton John- their musical greatness overrides the gay thing (for me).

Lee married Nancy Young in 1976. They have a son, Julian, and a daughter, Kyla. He is an avid watch[37] and wine collector, with a collection of 5,000 bottles.[38] He takes annual trips to France, where he indulges in cheese and wine.[39] In 2011, a charitable foundation he supports, Grapes for Humanity, created the Geddy Lee Scholarship for students of winemaking at Niagara College.[40]

He is also a longtime baseball fan. His favourite team while growing up was the Detroit Tigers,[41] and he later became a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays after they were established.[41] In the 1980s, Lee began reading the works of Bill James, particularly The Bill James Baseball Abstracts, which led to an interest in sabermetrics and participation in a fantasy baseball keeper league.[41] He collects baseball memorabilia, once donating part of his collection[42] to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum,[43] and threw the ceremonial first pitch to inaugurate the 2013 Toronto Blue Jays season.[44][45] Lee sang the Canadian national anthem[46] before the 1993 MLB All-Star Game. In 2016, Lee planned to produce an independent film about baseball in Italy.[47]

Lee has described himself as a Jewish atheist, explaining to an interviewer, "I consider myself a Jew as a race, but not so much as a religion. I'm not down with religion at all. I’m a Jewish atheist, if that's possible.

Last edited:
Could you elaborate?
Sure.
First of all, Queen is the only one of the bands you listed that are musically in the same league as Rush. I wouldn't consider the Village People a band, they were more of an act. A novelty. Judas Priest was a great metal band, however their music was pretty basic. Rush and Queen played more complicated stuff (thus the term Progressive applies). If you want to discover how great of a musician Freddie was watch the movie Bohemian Rhapsody. I have no doubt he was a musical genius.

Second, Being gay has absolutely nothing to do with someones ability to write music or play an instrument. There are great songwriters/musicians who are gay. There are great ones who are straight.
Joan Jett, David Bowie, Elton John, Janis Joplin, Roddy Bottum of Faith No More, Chuck Panozzo of Styx, Adam Lambert (who replaced Freddie Mercury), Lou Reed, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day (bisexual), Melissa Etheridge, Rob Halford, the list goes on and on. A lot more than you might think.
All in all, not a bad list at all.

Forum List

Back