What an Australian-style push against Chinese interference might look like

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
There are a few patriots left in Canada. Not many, and VERY few, if any, in our police apparatus. There are a few though. For our sake, I hope they succeed in protecting our sovereignty as so many wish to sell us out.

Some Australians see the country's new powers to stop foreign interference as an overdue shift from complacency to vigilance, while others have warned of the dangers of a McCarthyite moral panic.

But all can agree that Australia's approach to foreign meddling in its politics, universities and public debate has changed a great deal in recent years.

Last week, the Canadian House of Commons voted 179-146 for this country to adopt a plan similar to Australia's to counter meddling by the People's Republic of China.

Experts in Canada and Australia suggest that such a change would set Canada on a much more aggressive path in countering China's inroads into this country's institutions.

Conservative foreign affairs critic Michael Chong's motion requires the government to "develop a robust plan, as Australia has done, to combat China's growing foreign operations here in Canada and its increasing intimidation of Canadians living in Canada, and table it within 30 days of the adoption of this motion."

Chong's motion received the support of most opposition members of the House, along with Liberals Wayne Easter, Nathaniel Erskine-Smith, John McKay and Jennifer O'Connell.

Chong chose Australia as a model for Canada because of a package of laws passed in 2018 in the wake of a series of revelations that brought the issue of foreign interference and espionage to the fore.

There are a few patriots left in Canada. Not many, and VERY few, if any, in our police apparatus. There are a few though. For our sake, I hope they succeed in protecting our sovereignty as so many wish to sell us out.

Some Australians see the country's new powers to stop foreign interference as an overdue shift from complacency to vigilance, while others have warned of the dangers of a McCarthyite moral panic.

But all can agree that Australia's approach to foreign meddling in its politics, universities and public debate has changed a great deal in recent years.

Last week, the Canadian House of Commons voted 179-146 for this country to adopt a plan similar to Australia's to counter meddling by the People's Republic of China.

Experts in Canada and Australia suggest that such a change would set Canada on a much more aggressive path in countering China's inroads into this country's institutions.

Conservative foreign affairs critic Michael Chong's motion requires the government to "develop a robust plan, as Australia has done, to combat China's growing foreign operations here in Canada and its increasing intimidation of Canadians living in Canada, and table it within 30 days of the adoption of this motion."

Chong's motion received the support of most opposition members of the House, along with Liberals Wayne Easter, Nathaniel Erskine-Smith, John McKay and Jennifer O'Connell.

Chong chose Australia as a model for Canada because of a package of laws passed in 2018 in the wake of a series of revelations that brought the issue of foreign interference and espionage to the fore.
Dont tell Daryll Khunt because he still thinks Austria is Australia....He is very confused...

Dont tell Daryll Khunt because he still thinks Austria is Australia....He is very confused...
Hey I see kangaroos hopping down our streets as I pick up my grand-daughter from kindergarten.

Greg

Don't worry....left wingers around the world are telling us China isn't a bad actor...........just ask the Chinese Muslims....

There should probably be a moratorium on Chinese nationals attending colleges and universities in Western Democracies......why educate and train fascists in how to defeat your country?

It is very sad that the Chinese dictatorship is being so ungrateful to Canada & Australia.

I have read that those two countries (especially the latter) used to shudder at the thought of accepting Chinese people as immigrants. Now they generously allow in large numbers of Chinese immigrants.

Because of the Chinese dictators' interference in Canadian & Australian affairs, the loyalty of Chinese Canadians and Chinese Australians is now being questioned.

It is very sad that the Chinese dictatorship is being so ungrateful to Canada & Australia.

I have read that those two countries (especially the latter) used to shudder at the thought of accepting Chinese people as immigrants. Now they generously allow in large numbers of Chinese immigrants.

Because of the Chinese dictators' interference in Canadian & Australian affairs, the loyalty of Chinese Canadians and Chinese Australians is now being questioned.

China is a threat to the world, and with the success of their virus, they are even more dangerous than before.

China intends to infiltrate every country in the world and defeat it from within

the corruption of politicians, business leaders and academics in America is well under way

China is a threat to the world, and with the success of their virus, they are even more dangerous than before.

I am 83.

As a child, I -- like most other people -- was so sad about China's poverty and weakness against foreign powers, such as Japan.

Americans loved the Chinese, They felt so sorry for them. Mothers would tell their children: "Eat up all your food. Remember the starving people in China."

I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER dreamed of a day when China would become a superpower and a bad one at that! (Napoleon, I believe, predicted that the world would be shaken when China someday woke up.)

Forum List

Back