What America’s Great Unwinding Would Mean for the World.

Dumbos. The US will be on or near the top of the world order for the foreseeable future. As long as we fix the Budget Deficit.
That Wall Street chose to build up China to "superpower" status is their stupidity.
If we don't fix the Budget Deficit, the US dollar falls.
If the US dollar falls, the US economy falls, and then the Federal Budget falls, and then we're like Greece was, owing much more than we could ever pay back.
$32,000,000,000,000 and rising is a national disaster.
We are seriously divided with a growing number of leftwing anarchists pitted against Americans with traditional conservative values

Last edited:
I hate to break it to Americans but we need you to lead the world, both militarily and morally. I have been on here enough to understand the grievances and I am sure if your southern border were defended Americans would be more willing to accept heavy U.S involvement. Politiicians in the West have been dreadful for decades. We now have Macron asking for an invite to BRICS ffs, the same guy CNN loved (along with Merkel) as they both failed their nations. We need the U.S though for global security, Europe has to step up as does Canada (and Canada has of late in all fairness).

Then we're toast.
Medicare will go bankrupt first currently projected to be in 2028
Social Security will be insolvent, paying out only what it takes in (since the Feds stole the surplus) in 2034

McCarthy finally admitted that Repubs can only cut some spending in about 11% of the Federal Budget.
The other 89% is Mandatory Spending

So unless both parties can figure ouot how to raise revenue, we are headed for a cliff.
It’s an easy fix. Cut the War Department 90% and fixed.

No it has not

That was my point. People have been calling it in decline since the seventies or sixties and they are consistently and constantly proven wrong with every passing decade.
Since your grandfather Dulles killed JFK, the empire has been slowly dying. It might speed up now due to the incompetence and warmongering in DC.

As you well know, wars often result in the death of empires.

Never mind. I didn’t come here to be aggressive. There are plenty of places l can go for that.

I think you underestimate the industrial and military power of States individually ... California would become the dominate nuclear military power in the world ... Texas has a strangle hold on refined petroleum products ... Iowa alone could feed Europe ... New York will be the safest place to stash money ...

There will still be guns everyplace ...

Even divided, the United States will still be the dominate political power in the visible universe ...

It’s an easy fix. Cut the War Department 90% and fixed.
Actually not fixed. The Budget has a $Trillion dollar deficit.
We need to cut Welfare and raise taxes, then its fixed.
Agree that the DOD needs a good audit, but a weak defense has always resulted in a major war.

Another idea I like is a second Grace Commission to study the Federal Government and the Budget and make recommendations how to cut costs.
Pols are mostly lawyers worried about getting re-elected more than fixing the problems.

Agree that the DOD needs a good audit, but a weak defense has always resulted in a major war.

Another idea I like is a second Grace Commission to study the Federal Government and the Budget and make recommendations how to cut costs.
Pols are mostly lawyers worried about getting re-elected more than fixing the problems.

Why is it you want to cut programs that will greatly harm the people, but you’re fine with continuing programs that support big corporations?

The war and intelligence budget is likely in excess of $1 trillion.

The reason we have constant war is because we have a corrupt MIC that is huge and unaccountable. Exactly the opposite of your opinion.

You are going to cut Social Security and Medicare for whom? For yourself? For anyone in your family or friends?

Americans PAY into those services and they should get their money back.

Whatever you may call welfare, it is the same thing that churches and organizations do in order to help people who lost their homes due to fires, flooding, and other disasters, lost their jobs, etc.

Why would anyone want to not do the right thing to help people who do need help? What countries do that?

The conundrum facing America’s allies is how to cope with a great imperial power in decline that is still a great imperial power.

peculiar cognitive dissonance seems to have taken hold in the world. The Western response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine—led and propped up by the United States—has reminded the world that the international order is, if anything, more dependent on American military, economic, and financial might now than only a few years ago. Yet everywhere you turn, there is a sense that the U.S. is in some form of terminal decline; too divided, incoherent, violent, and dysfunctional to sustain its Pax Americana. Moscow and Beijing seem to think that the great American unwinding has already begun, while in Europe, officials worry about a sudden American collapse. “Do we talk about it?” Michel Duclos, a former French ambassador to Syria who remains well connected within Europe’s diplomatic network, told me, somewhat indignantly, after I asked whether an American implosion was ever discussed at the highest levels of government. “We never stop talking about it.”

Well. Maybe other nations should have thought of that rather than relying on us to be their de facto military.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
The conundrum facing America’s allies is how to cope with a great imperial power in decline that is still a great imperial power.

peculiar cognitive dissonance seems to have taken hold in the world. The Western response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine—led and propped up by the United States—has reminded the world that the international order is, if anything, more dependent on American military, economic, and financial might now than only a few years ago. Yet everywhere you turn, there is a sense that the U.S. is in some form of terminal decline; too divided, incoherent, violent, and dysfunctional to sustain its Pax Americana. Moscow and Beijing seem to think that the great American unwinding has already begun, while in Europe, officials worry about a sudden American collapse. “Do we talk about it?” Michel Duclos, a former French ambassador to Syria who remains well connected within Europe’s diplomatic network, told me, somewhat indignantly, after I asked whether an American implosion was ever discussed at the highest levels of government. “We never stop talking about it.”

We are getting more like Russia every day. They are a shithole country with nuclear weapons and we are becoming a shithole country with nuclear weapons.

Why is it you want to cut programs that will greatly harm the people, but you’re fine with continuing programs that support big corporations?
The war and intelligence budget is likely in excess of $1 trillion.
The reason we have constant war is because we have a corrupt MIC that is huge and unaccountable. Exactly the opposite of your opinion.
1. Social Security and Medicare are earned and paid for entitlements. Welfare and Medicaid are charity. Healthy people need to get off their asses and earn their benefits. Welfare was supposed to have a 2-year time limit.

1686841030725.png

2. The DOD Budget is about $760b. Cutting defense as China builds up its military is moronic. Who would stop a militaristic China from world domination?

3. My solution to the Budget mess is to add a 5% Federal Sales Tax on all goods and services. That would turn a $1T deficit into a $0.25 surplus. Plus we would need a new "Grace Commission" to identify where we could save even more money and eliminate waste and duplication.

You are going to cut Social Security and Medicare for whom? For yourself? For anyone in your family or friends?
Americans PAY into those services and they should get their money back.
Whatever you may call welfare, it is the same thing that churches and organizations do in order to help people who lost their homes due to fires, flooding, and other disasters, lost their jobs, etc.
Why would anyone want to not do the right thing to help people who do need help? What countries do that?
What moron misinterprets cutting Welfare as cutting SS & Medicare?
What shithole country are you from?

Since your grandfather Dulles killed JFK, the empire has been slowly dying. It might speed up now due to the incompetence and warmongering in DC.

As you well know, wars often result in the death of empires.
Still tuck in your lies I see

You were proven wrong long ago. Oswald killed JFK and acted alone.

So much for all of your bullshit

Forum List

Back