What Abe would have done if he had total power...

Do you agree with good old Abe?

• Yes, send them back to Africa.

• No, they've been preyed upon by the white man. Whitey should get thrown in the ocean.

• IDK... I'm too stupid to think

• Pineapple

Results are only viewable after voting.

SUPERMAN1929

Apr 18, 2015
Ok so Abraham Lincoln said in a speech that if he had total power he would ship all the African Americans to Liberia. How many people agree with this? After all these riots I'm starting to see how he would realize that they wouldn't fit into a city environment for the most part. Abraham Lincoln is one of my favorite people in history.

The Great Emancipator and the Issue of Race

You forgot the option that they be paid for building this nations economy and infrastructure and sent back to Africa.
I would be willing to pay them for all the years they worked. Give them what minimum wage was at the time and then send them on their way. Hell leave them on welfare for a while after they get there. They would still be sapping off the gov but at least they couldn't burn cities down.

Also research how they "built" this nations economy. You are confused if you think slavery helped the economy at all. In fact if hurt it. The north was far more wealthy and making way more progress in industry than the south was.

You forgot the option that they be paid for building this nations economy and infrastructure and sent back to Africa.
I would be willing to pay them for all the years they worked. Give them what minimum wage was at the time and then send them on their way. Hell leave them on welfare for a while after they get there. They would still be sapping off the gov but at least they couldn't burn cities down.
You cant give minimum wage for skilled labor. If whites were capable of doing it they would have never enslaved Blacks.

You cant give minimum wage for skilled labor. If whites were capable of doing it they would have never enslaved Blacks.
Reread my post but also it wasn't skilled labor. Look up definition of skilled labor. If anyone is capable of doing something it is not considered skilled.

Reread my post but also it wasn't skilled labor. Look up definition of skilled labor. If anyone is capable of doing something it is not considered skilled.
Why should I reread your post? It was skilled labor. Whites were not skilled so they enslaved Blacks. If Whites were skilled enough to do it then Blacks would have never been brought over.

They were perfectly capable of doing it. They just wanted free labor.
Slaves werent free. They had to pay for them. For example in south carolina they paid for the enslaved that had skills as rice growers. Whites didnt know how to grow rice.

Why did Lincoln want to resettle the slaves in Africa? Explain...
I think it had to do with the fact that he thought black people and white people would never get a long. I think he just knew how hard of a road it would be and he thought it would be easier to avoid it all together. Maybe he was just racist. If you can find info on this, post it.

Slaves werent free. They had to pay for them. For example in south carolina they paid for the enslaved that had skills as rice growers. Whites didnt know how to grow rice.
Such skills. They showed someone how to grow the cheapest crop.

The position of the Colonization Society is often oversimplified. When we look at the arguments put forward by those involved in the movement, we see something quite different:

"In order to render this change eligible as well to the Society as to the Slaves, it would be necessary that a compleat incorporation of the latter into the former should result from the act of manumission. This is rendered impossible by the prejudices of the Whites, prejudices which proceeding principally from the difference of colour must be considered as permanent and insuperable."
-- James Madison
Equality James Madison Memorandum on an African Colony for Freed Slaves

I think it had to do with the fact that he thought black people and white people would never get a long. I think he just knew how hard of a road it would be and he thought it would be easier to avoid it all together. Maybe he was just racist. If you can find info on this, post it.
You got most of it...His main motivation was that the blacks would harbor a resentment to being enslaved and they would not be able to socially interact.......Now, had the white guys would have exercised more self reliance and not allowed slavery to flourish, things could be a lot different...

How long have you been a farmer? I bet you would find it takes more skill than just plopping a seed into the ground...

Actually it was a big cash crop. You must be illiterate not to know rice and sugar cane were the first crops raised here in the US.

You got most of it...His main motivation was that the blacks would harbor a resentment to being enslaved and they would not be able to socially interact.......Now, had the white guys would have exercised more self reliance and not allowed slavery to flourish, things could be a lot different...
I think he was correct to this day. It has been like a boil on America's ass. It would have been a good deal for all parties. No race feeling victimized in our country and no race being so linked to poverty.

Actually it was a big cash crop. You must be illiterate not to know rice and sugar cane were the first crops raised here in the US.
You call me illiterate when you think slaves built this country.

You call me illiterate when you think slaves built this country.
Yes I call you illiterate because you think whites built this country. :laugh:

Forum List

Back